Date: 4.27.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 4774
Oac.essayninja.info #Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease

Buy Essay Papers Here - Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Essay -
Epidemiology in the Elderly with Heart Disease Essay |…

Nov 11, 2017 Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, write my essay -

Epidemiology in the Elderly with Heart Disease Essay |…

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. The ApplyTexas college application has many different essay prompts—and each of the about Aging most popular colleges in Texas has different requirements for which essays they expect students to answer. So how do you get advice on writing your best ApplyTexas essays, no matter which school you are hoping to get into? Look no further than this article, which totally unpacks all five possible ApplyTexas essay prompts. Nursing! I will explain what each essay prompt is looking for, what admissions officers are hoping to learn about you, give you great strategies for making sure your essay meets all of and Cardiovascular, these expectations, and help you come up with your best essay topics. To help you navigate through this long guide, you can use these links. The ApplyTexas application is basically the Texas state version of the definition Common Application that many U.S. colleges use: it’s a unified college application process that's accepted by all Texas public universities and many private ones. Essay And Cardiovascular Disease! Note, however, that some schools that accept ApplyTexas applications also accept the Common App. Monologue! The ApplyTexas website is a good source for figuring out whether your target college accepts the Essay and Cardiovascular ApplyTexas application, but the marketing best way to confirm exactly what your school expects to see is to about and Cardiovascular go to its admissions website. Why Do Colleges Want You to Write Essays? Admissions officers are trying to put together classes full of interesting, vibrant students who have different backgrounds, strengths and weaknesses, goals, and dreams.

One tool for nursing, colleges to identify a diverse set of perspectives is Essay Aging, through the college essay. What does this mean for you? These essays are a chance for you to show admissions officers those sides of yourself that aren’t reflected in the rest of monologue, your application. This is where you describe where you come from, what you believe in, what you value, and what has shaped you. This is Essay about Aging, also where you make yourself sound mature and insightful, two key qualities that colleges are looking for in their applicants because they want to make sure to positivism find young people who will thrive when faced with the independence of Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, college life. Filling a freshman class is like dealing with those Every-Flavor jelly beans from Harry Potter : admissions just wants to make sure to avoid the ones that taste like earwax.

There are 4 essay prompts on the ApplyTexas application for freshman admission (Topics A, B, C, and D), and three essay prompts that aren't on the ApplyTexas application, but are extra essay options for advantages and disadvantages marketing, UT Austin (Topics N, S, and W). There are no word limits for about Aging, the essays, but colleges suggest keeping the essays somewhere between 1 to 1 ? pages long. All Texas colleges and universities have different application requirements, including the essays. Some require essays, some list them as optional, while others use a combination of required and autonomy nursing, optional essays. Several schools use the about and Cardiovascular essays to determine scholarship awards, honors program eligibility, or admission to cymbeline specific majors. Here are some essay submission requirement examples from a range of schools. You are required to write an Essay about Disease, essay on Topic A. You also have to write one other essay on Topic B, C, D, N, S, or W. If you're applying to Architecture or the Fine Arts’ Department of cymbeline, Art and Essay, Art History, your second essay has to of Bowling Essays be on Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease Topic D. If you're applying to the Nursing program, you need to write your second essay on topic N. If you're applying to the Social Work program, your second essay needs to be on topic W. Ithaka Poem! You have to write essays on Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease Topic A and Topic B. If you don't meet automatic admission standards, Texas AM recommends (but doesn't require) that you write an essay on marketing Topic C. And Cardiovascular Disease! Southern Methodist University essay requirements: You can write about any of the ApplyTexas prompts for your essay, per SMU's FAQ. SMU also accepts the ithaka poem Common App and has its own online application, so you have the option to pick and choose the application you most want to fill out. About And Cardiovascular! Texas Christian University essay requirements: You have to write one essay, but it can be on any of the topics.

TCU also accepts the Common App and has its own online application, so it's another school where you can figure out regulate a natural which application makes the most sense for you. Dazzled by Essay and Cardiovascular her options, she was overcome with hopeful optimism. And cuteness. Comparing ApplyTexas Essay Prompts A, B, and C. Regulate! There are three ApplyTexas essay topics that try to Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease get to the heart of what makes you the monologue person that you are in Essay about and Cardiovascular, three different ways. But since Topics A, B, and nursing, C all focus on Essay about Aging things that are essential to you as a person, it can be difficult to come up with a totally different idea for each—especially since on a first read-through, these prompts can sound fairly similar. So, before I dissect all five of the ApplyTexas essay prompts one by one in the next section of this article, let’s see how A, B, and C are different from one another.

This way, you can keep these differences in mind when trying to who may a natural monopoly? come up with ideas of what to write about. (Topics D and S are distinct enough from the others that you’re unlikely to Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease have trouble distinguishing them.) What was the environment in who may a natural, which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person. Most students have and identity, interest, or a talent that describes them in an essential way. Tell us about Essay about Disease yourself. Physics Essays! You've got a ticket in your hand—where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?

How to Essay Tell Topics A, B, and C Apart. One helpful way to keep these topics separate in your mind is to create a big picture category for of Bowling, each one: Topic A is outside, Topic B is inside, and about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, Topic C is the future . Ithaka Poem! In other words, topic A is about Disease, asking about the monologue impact of the outside world on you and how you handled that impact. On the other hand, topic B is asking about your inner passions and how those passions define you. Finally, topic C wants to know about where you're going from here. These very broad categories will help when you’re brainstorming ideas and about and Cardiovascular Disease, life experiences to write about for your essay. Of course, it's true that many of the stories you think of can be shaped to advantages and disadvantages of direct marketing fit each of these prompts. Still, think about what the experience most reveals about about Aging you.

If it’s overall about how your external community shaped you, it’s a good fit for monologue, topic A. If it’s best described as a story about your passions, it should probably be for topic B. Essay About Aging And Cardiovascular! And if it’s primarily about an event that you think predicts your future, it will work well for topic C. That time a spilled crate of advantages of direct, stuffed frogs made you want to learn everything there is to know about French cooking? Probably Topic C. Now, I will do a thorough deconstruction of everything you need to know about Aging Disease Topic A, the regulate first ApplyTexas essay prompt. What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood or community, and Essay Aging Disease, explain how it has shaped you as a person. Who May A Natural! This prompt wants to see how your external environment shaped you.

You can tell from the about Aging fact that the prompt is split up into two sentences that your essay answer will have two distinct, but interconnected parts. Physics Of Bowling! The first part of the Essay Aging Disease prompt is about identifying and describing the overall environment in which you grew up. Of course, you'll need to hone in on particular aspects of your environment to keep your essay from being too vague. Who May Monopoly?! The prompt suggests using your family, home, neighborhood, or community to focuse your essay. You'll want to choose some aspect of your environment that you can describe vividly and that is really important to you. It doesn't necessarily have to be important in a positive way, but it does have to have had a significant impact on Aging and Cardiovascular your personal development. It should also be some aspect of your environment that has been or was a part of your life for a long time. You're describing where you were raised, after all. You shouldn't just describe your environment.

You also need to discuss how that environment impacted you as a person. How did the aspect of your environment that you selected to ithaka poem write about turn you into the person you are now? It's best if you can think of about Aging Disease, one or two concrete anecdotes or stories about how your environment has shaped you. For example, don't just say that your family made you a hard-working person—describe in detail how watching your mother come home from a full day of work just to get ready to ithaka poem go to Essay Aging and Cardiovascular nighttime classes helped show you that working towards goals is worthwhile even when it's hard. What Are Readers Hoping to Learn About You? Being a tomato in a peapod was hard on Frank, who could never really quite understand the peas' obsession with photosynthesis. Readers are looking for two main things. First, they want to monologue see that you can be mature and thoughtful about your surroundings. Are you sufficiently curious about the world around you?

If you have really observed and engaged with your surroundings, you will be able to about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease describe the Physics people and places that have impacted you as you have grown up in a nuanced, insightful way. Second, they want to see how you stand out from about Disease your own environment. This can be accomplished in cymbeline, two ways: first, you can emphasize how you are somehow different from your environment and how that impacted you. Second, you can emphasize how you learned positive qualities from the environment around you. Basically, how did your environment turn you into about Aging and Cardiovascular, a special, interesting person? How Can Your Essay Give Them What They Want? So how can you make sure your essay is really answering the question? Here are some strategies. Pick a specific aspect of your environment.

You'll need to select something particular in your overall surroundings growing up to hone in on. The prompt suggests focusing on your family, home, neighborhood, or community. Positivism Sociology! You could take most of these suggestions in several directions. Your family could describe your immediate family, your extended family, or a found family. Your home could be the specific house or houses where you grew up, but it could also be your home town, your block, your apartment building, or even your home country. Essay Aging Disease! Your neighborhood could be your street, subdivision, cul-de-sac, an urban neighborhood, or the rural countryside. Your community could be any community you've been a part of, from autonomy definition your school community to your church community to your city. Essay About And Cardiovascular! When you consider what aspect of your environment to choose, think about cymbeline monologue significant things that happened to you in connection with your environment. Remember, you'll need to get beyond just describing how the Essay setting is important to monopoly? you to show how it makes you important. How did it make you special? Then you need to consider what about your environment turned you into a person who stands out.

Again, this can be about how you overcame some aspect of your environment or how your environment positively fostered qualities or traits in you. You want to make sure that you have a clear message that links your environment to maybe one-three special traits you have. T hink about specific stories and anecdotes related to your interactions with your environment and thoughfully analyze those to consider what they show about you. Important adults in your life can help you brainstorm. Aging Disease! Think of the essay like a movie. Like a good movie script, a college essay needs characters, some action, and a poignant but ultimately happy ending. When you’re planning your personal statement out, try thinking of the story you’re telling in autonomy definition, movie terms. This way you can make sure your essay has: Setting.

Since you are describing your environment, taking some time to vividly give a sense of and Cardiovascular, place is important. This could be accomplished by describing the regulate actual physical surroundings, the main characters in your community, or some combination of both. Essay And Cardiovascular Disease! Stakes. Autonomy Definition! Movies propel the action forward by giving characters high stakes. You know: win or lose, life or death. Even if you are describing your environment in positive terms, there needs to be some sense of Essay Disease, conflict or dynamic change. In the anecdote(s) you've selected to write about, what did you stand to gain or lose? External conflict resolution. Monologue! If there is an external conflict of about Disease, some kind (with a neighbor, a family member, a friend, a city council, etc.) you do need to show some level of resolution.

Internal conflict resolution. Inner conflict is essentially about how you changed in response to the event or experience. You'll need to sociology clearly lay out what happened within you and Essay Aging, how those changes have carried you forward as a person. Did you feel ALL the feelings? Can you even name all of these feelings? Oh, yeah? Then what's the one on the bottom right called?

Add details, description, and examples. Definition Nursing! For example, imagine Karima decides to describe how learning to about and Cardiovascular navigate public transit at a young age made her resourceful and helped her explore the city environment where she grew up, and Physics of Bowling Essays, how exploring the city impacted her. How should she frame her experience? I was nervous about taking the about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease El by myself for the first time. At the station, there were lots of commuters and adults who seemed impatient but confident.

At first I was very afraid of cymbeline monologue, getting lost, but over Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, time I became as confident as those commuters. I felt a mixture of nerves and excitement walking up the Howard red line turnstile for positivism, the first time. Aging And Cardiovascular! What if I got lost on ithaka poem my way to Essay about Disease the museum? I was worried that I would just seem like a nuisance to all of the frowning commuters who crowded the platform. If I needed help, would they help me? Was I even brave enough to ask? When the metal doors opened, I pressed my nails into my palms and rushed in after a woman with a red briefcase. Success! At least for the first step.

I found a sideways-facing seat and clutched my macrame bag with my notebook and sketching supplies in my lap. A map hung above my seat. Pressing my finger to the colorful grid, I found my stop and counted how many I still had to go. Autonomy Nursing! I spent the entire train ride staring at that map, straining my ears for everything the conductor said. Now, when I think about the first time I rode the El by myself, I smile. What seemed so scary at the time is just an Essay about and Cardiovascular, everyday way to get around now. Advantages! But I always look around on the platform to see if any nervous kids linger at the edges of the commuter crowds and Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, offer them a smile. Both versions set up the same story, plot-wise, but the second makes the train ride (and because of regulate a natural, this, the author) come alive through the addition of specific, individualizing details: Visual cues.

The reader sees what the authors saw through descriptions like frowning commuters who crowded the platform, woman with a red briefcase, and colorful grid. Essay About! Emotional responses. We experience the author’s feelings: she felt a mixture of nerves and excitement. Ithaka Poem! She wonders if she's brave enough to ask for help. The train ride was so scary at the time but feels everyday now. About Aging And Cardiovascular Disease! Differentiation. Even though the commuters are mostly a monolithic group, we get to see some individuals, like the woman with a red brief case. There's no one best topic for this essay prompt (or any other), but I've included some potential ideas below, to autonomy help you get started with your own brainstorming. Describing a time that you organized the people around you around some common local cause Honing in on about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease a close relationship with one or more family members Identifying a particularly significant place in your neighborhood (like a certain park or tree) and why it has been so important in your life Being a minority in your school or neighborhood Going through a cultural or religious rite-of-passage Moving from one place to Physics somewhere totally different and about Aging and Cardiovascular, handling your culture shock. And that's when I realized that I too had become an ostrich, accepted by cymbeline and adapted into their culture of pecking and running. Dissecting ApplyTexas Essay Topic B.

Let's go through the same process for ApplyTexas Topic B, taking it apart brick by brick and putting it back together again. Most students have an about Aging Disease, identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in an essential way. Tell us about yourself. At first glance, this prompt seems pretty vague. Tell us about yourself is not exactly the most detailed set of Physics of Bowling, instructions available. But if we drill down a little, there are actually two pretty specific things this question is asking. This prompts posits that most students—which probably includes you—have some kind of Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, defining trait. This could be an identity, interest, or talent.

So you need to express what that defining trait is. Are you an amazing knitter? Do you spend all your free time researching cephalopods? Are you a connoisseur of Essays, indie movies or mystery novels? Or maybe you have a religious, cultural, ethnic, or LGBTQ+ identity that's very important to Essay about and Cardiovascular you. Ithaka Poem! Any of these things could plausibly be the main, framing theme of this essay. 2. Essay Aging! How Does That Defining Trait Fit Into You Overall? Even though you have some kind of defining trait, that's not the entirety of you. Essentially, you need to advantages and disadvantages contextualize your defining trait within your broader personality and Essay about, identity.

This is where the tell us about autonomy definition nursing yourself part comes in. What does your defining trait say about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease you as a person overall? How does it fit into your overall personality, values, and dreams? Only deep in the woods could she explore her one true passion: moss. What Are Readers Hoping to Learn About You? They are hoping to learn two main things: 1. What you're passionate about. It's essential that this essay communicate genuine passion for whatever you choose to write about. College is a lot of regulate monopoly?, work, and passion is an important driving force when things get busy. Readers are looking for students who are really engaged in the world around them and excited about things!

2. How you view yourself (and how successfully you can communicate that). A strong, well-developed sense of Essay about Aging, self goes a long way towards helping you weather all of the changes you're going to experience when you go to a natural monopoly? school. Even though you will change and grow a lot as a person during your college years, having a sense of your own core traits and values will help those changes be exciting as opposed to scary. Essay Disease! So colleges are looking for that developed sense of self. Nursing! Additionally, they are looking for students who can communicate messages about about themselves in a clear, confident, cohesive way. How Can Your Essay Give Them What They Want? The challenge with this prompt is giving a complete picture of you as a person while still staying on message about your defining trait. You need to be focused yet comprehensive. Let's explore the best ways to of Bowling show off your passion and frame your identity.

Define the core message. First, you need to about and Cardiovascular Disease select that defining trait. This could be pretty much anything just so long as you are genuinely very invested in this trait and Physics of Bowling, feel that it represents some core aspect of you. It should also be something that you can describe through stories and anecdotes. Just saying, I'm a redhead and that defines me makes for a pretty boring essay. A story about how you started a photography project that's all portraits of redheads like you and about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, what you learned about yourself from that experience is much more interesting. You should be careful here to select something that presents you in a broadly positive light. If you select a trait that doesn't seem very serious, like your enduring and positivism, eternal love of onion rings, you risk seeming at best immature and at about, worst outright disrespectful.

You also want to ithaka poem pick something realistic—don't claim that you are the greatest mathematician who ever lived unless you are, in fact, the greatest mathematician who ever lived (and you probably aren't). Essay About Aging! Otherwise you'll seem out of touch. Fit it into a larger picture. Then think about how you can use that trait to paint a more complete picture of you at a person. It's great that you are passionate about skiing and on the ski team, but what else does that say about you? Are you an who may regulate a natural monopoly?, adventurous daredevil who loves to take (reasonable) risks? Are you a nature lover with a taste for Essay, exploration? Do you love being part of a team?

Select at least two-three postive messages you want to communicate about yourself within your essay about nursing your key trait. And Cardiovascular Disease! Brody added his special brand of XYZ to everything he ever made for that bro-tisanal touch. Show, don't tell. It's much more interesting to read about things that you do that demonstrate your key traits than it is to ithaka poem hear you list them. Don't just say, Everyone asks me for advice because I'm level-headed and reasonable. Actually describe situations that show people asking you for advice and you giving that level-headed, reasonable advice. Watch your tone. And Cardiovascular Disease! It's important to watch your tone when you are writing an essay that's pretty overtly about how great you are.

You want to show your own special qualities without seeming glib, staid, self-aggrandizing, or narcissistic. For example, let’s say Andrew wants to write about definition nursing figuring out how to grow a garden despite his yard being in full shade and how that turned into a passion for horticulture. He could launch into a rant about the garden store employees not knowing which plants are right for which light, and the previous house owner’s terrible habit of using the about Aging yard for a pet bathroom, and the achy knee that prevented him from proper weeding posture, and so on. Nursing! Or, he could describe doing research on the complex gardens of Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, royal palaces, planning the of Bowling garden based on plant color and height, using trial and error to see which plants would flourish, and getting so involved with the work that he would lose track of time. One of these makes him sound whiny and self-centered, and the other makes him sound like someone who can take charge of a difficult situation . Again, there's no single best approach here, but I've outlined some potential topics below: Are you known for being really good at Essay about and Cardiovascular, something or an expert on a particular topic? How does it impact your identity? Discuss how you got involved in a particular extracurricular activity and positivism sociology, what it means to you.

What have you learned from participating? Describe something you've done lots of research on Essay about Aging Disease in your free time. How did you discover that interest? What have you learned? What's your most evident personality trait?

How has that trait impacted your life? (You can ask friends and sociology, relatives for help with this one) Relate the importance of your LGBTQ identity. Discuss your religious or cultural background and how it defines you. Describe your experience as a member of a minority community. Are you a diamond in a world of Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, hearts? Dissecting ApplyTexas Essay Topic C. Now we can take apart Topic C to get a good handle on how to positivism sociology tackle this future-facing essay. You've got a ticket in Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, your hand—where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there? If ApplyTexas Topic A and ithaka poem, Topic B were all about Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease your past experiences, Topic C wants you to ithaka poem give readers a glimpse of your imagined possibilities.

There are basically two potential approaches to this question. We'll break them down here. One approach to this question is just to use this as a chance to describe your long-term goals for Essay, your career and life. For some students, this will be an extremely straightforward endeavor. For example, say you’ve always wanted to be a doctor, and you spend your whole life volunteering at hospitals, helping out in your mom’s practice, and studying biology during the monologue summer time.

Then you can just frame your ticket as a ticket to medical school, pick a few of the most gripping moments from these past experiences and discuss the overall trajectory of your interests, and about Disease, your essay will be a winner. But what if you’re not sure about Essays lifetime goals? Or if you feel like you really don't know where you're going next week, let alone next year or ten years from now? You can still use this prompt! Read on. 2. Demonstrating Thoughtful Imagination. While you can certainly interpret this as a straightforward question about your future, you can also use it as a chance to be more imaginative. Note that this entire question rests on the metaphor of the Essay about Aging Disease ticket. Cymbeline Monologue! The ticket can be to anywhere; you decide. So the ticket could be to about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease a very real place, like your grandmother's house or the highlands of Scotland or the Metropolitan Museum. Or it could be somewhere fantastical, like a time machine to the Paleolithic.

The important thing here is that you use the destination you select—and what you plan to do there—to demonstrate that you are a thoughtful person who is excited and engaged with the world around you. Renata doesn't want a train ticket, she just wants a boat. What Are Readers Hoping to Learn About You? If you are on a direct path to a specific field of positivism sociology, study or career pursuit, admissions officers definitely want to know that. Having driven, goal oriented, and about Aging Disease, passionate students is a huge plus for a university.

So if this is you, be sure that your essay conveys not just your interest but also your deep and definition nursing, abiding love of the about subject, and any related clubs, activities, and hobbies that you’ve done during high school. However, if you take the more creative approach to this prompt, realize that in this essay, like in all the other essays, the how matters much more than the who may regulate monopoly? what . Don't worry that you don't have a specific goal in mind yet: no matter where your eventual academic, career, or other pursuits may lie, every activity that you have done up to now has taught you something. You learned about things like work ethic, mastering a skill, practice, learning from a mentor, interacting with peers, dealing with setbacks, understanding your own learning style, and perseverance. Essay Aging And Cardiovascular! Your essay is a chance to show off that knowledge and maturity. So n o matter what destination you choose for your ticket (the what ), you want to communicate that you can think about future (and imagined!) possibilities in a compelling way based on your past experiences (the how ). Whether you take where you are going and what you are doing in definition, a more literal direction or move the Essay about and Cardiovascular prompt towards somewhere more abstract and creative, the admissions office wants to make sure that no matter what you study, you will be able to make something meaningful out of it.

They want to see that you’re not simply floating through life on the surface, but that you are absorbing the qualities, skills, and know-how you will need to succeed in the world. How Can Your Essay Give Them What They Want? Here are some ideas for how to show that you have thoughtful and compelling visions of regulate a natural, possible futures. Pick where you're going. Is this going to about Aging be a more straightforward interpretation of your goals (my ticket is to the judge's bench) or a more creative one (my ticket is to Narnia)? Whichever one you choose, make sure that you choose a destination that is genuinely compelling to you. The last thing you want is to come off sounding bored or disingenuous. Don’t overreach. Of Direct Marketing! It’s fine to say that you’d like to be involved in politics, for example, but it’s a little too self-aggrandizing to claim that you’re definitely going to be president of the United States. Make sure that whatever destination you select for your ticket, it doesn’t come off as unnecessary bragging rather than simple aspiration.

Don’t underreach. At the same time, make sure that the destination you've chosen here is Aging Disease, one that makes sense in the context of a college essay. Maybe what you really want is a ticket to the potato chip factory, but this may not be the place to expound upon that imagined possibility. Positivism! You can choose a whimsical location, but you need to about Aging Disease be able to positivism sociology ground it in Essay, a real vision of the kind of person you want to a natural monopoly? become. After all, you always have to remember your audience.

In this case, it's college admissions officers who want to find students who are eager to learn and Essay about Aging, be exposed to positivism sociology new thoughts and ideas (and not just new potato chips). Aging And Cardiovascular! Flesh it out. Once you pick a destination, it's time to consider the and disadvantages of direct marketing other components of the question: what are you going to do once you reach your destination? What will happen there? Pick some key messages that relate back to you, your talents, and your goals. Ground your journey in specific anecdotes and examples. The way that this question is framed is very abstract.

So it's important that you ground your thoughts about your destination (whether it's more straightforward or more creative) in concrete anecdotes and examples that show that you are thoughtful, engaged, passionate, and driven. This is even more important if you go the Essay about Aging Disease creative route and Physics of Bowling Essays, choose an Disease, unusual location. If you don't keep things somewhat grounded in reality, your essay may come across as frivolous. You want to make the most of your opportunity to share some concrete examples of your desirable qualities in your essay. Imagine Eleanor’s essay is about how she wants a ticket to Starfleet Academy (for the uninitiated, this is the fictional school in the Star Trek universe where people train to be Starfleet officers). Which essay conveys more about her potential as a student? My ticket is to Starfleet Academy. There, I would train to become part of the Command division so I could command a starship.

Once I was captain of my own starship, I would explore the deepest reaches of space to interact with alien life and learn more about the definition universe. I've loved Star Trek since my dad started playing VHS copies of old episodes for me in our ancient VCR. So if I could have a ticket to anywhere, it would be to Starfleet Academy to train in the command division. I know I would make a superb command officer. My ten years of experience in hapkido have taught me discipline and how to think on Disease my feet. Working as a hapkido instructor in my dojo the past two years has honed my leadership and teaching qualities, which are essential for any starship commander. Additionally, I have the positivism sociology curiosity and about, sense of adventure necessary for a long career in the unknown reaches of space. Right now, I exercise my thirst for autonomy nursing, exploration through my photography blog.

Using my DSLR camera, I track down and Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, photograph obscure and hidden places I find in of Bowling, my town, on family trips, and even on and Cardiovascular Disease day trips to nearby cities. I carefully catalogue the location so other people can follow in my footsteps. Documentation, after all, is another important part of exploring space in a starship. Ithaka Poem! Both versions communicate the same things about the imagined destination, but the Essay about seond essay does a much better job showing who Eleanor is as a person. All we really learn from the first excerpt is that Eleanor must like Star Trek. We can infer that she probably likes leadership, exploration, and adventure since she says she wants to captain a starship, but we don't really know that.

Admissions officers shouldn't have to infer who you are from your essay: your essay should lay it out for them. Advantages Marketing! In the second essay, on the other hand, Eleanor clearly lays out the qualities that would make her a great Command officer and Essay Disease, then provides examples of how she exemplifies those qualities. She ties the and disadvantages abstract destination to concrete things from her life, like hapkido and photography. This provides a much better picture of what Eleanor might bring to the student body and the school at large. Eleanor just wants to explore the final frontier . I've come up with some sample essay ideas for the two different approaches to this prompt. Possibility 1: Your Concrete Goals. Describe your goal to pursue a particular academic field or career and discuss how specific classes and/or extracurricular activities ignited that passion Discuss how your plans to pursue politics, project management, or another leadeship role were fostered by an experience of leadership (could be a straightforward leadership position in a club or a job, or a more indirect or unplanned leadership experience like suddenly having to take charge of a group)e Discuss how your desire to teach or train in Essay about Aging Disease, the future was sparked by ithaka poem an experience of teaching someone to do something (e.g. by about being a tutor or by helping a sibling deal with a particularly challenging class or learning issue) Describe your goal to perform on stage in the future and discuss how your past experiences of public creativity (e.g. being in ithaka poem, a play, staging an art show, performing an orchestra, or being involved in dance) led you to Aging Disease that goal.

Possibility 2: Creative/Abstract Destination. Advantages Of Direct! What would you do if you could visit the world of a favorite childhood book or television series? What qualities does that show about you? Is there a relative or friend you would like to visit with your ticket? Is there a particular historical period you would like to time-travel to? Is there a destination that you've always wanted to Essay about travel to? Remember to tie your imaginative destination to concrete details about your special qualities! A future as a driving coach for motorcoach drivers was a no-brainer for ithaka poem, the founding member of the homonym club. Dissecting ApplyTexas Essay Topic D. If you're applying to one of several fine art fields, this mandatory essay is a way to comment on your influences.

Personal interaction with objects, images and spaces can be so powerful as to about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease change the way one thinks about particular issues or topics. For your intended area of autonomy definition nursing, study (architecture, art history, design, studio art, visual art studies/art education), describe an experience where instruction in that area or your personal interaction with an Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, object, image or space effected this type of change in your thinking. What did you do to sociology act upon your new thinking and what have you done to prepare yourself for further study in this area? If you’re applying to study architecture, art, or art history at about, UT Austin, one of the essays you must write is this one. This essay topic is trying to ask as broadly as possible about an positivism sociology, experience with art that has moved you in some way. This means that your options for answering the question are quite varied. So what are the two different parts of this prompt?

Think back to Aging one of the times you felt that blown-away feeling when looking at something man-made. This is the feeling, experience, and situation that the first part of the essay wants you to recreate. The prompt is primarily interested in your ability to describe and pinpoint exactly what quality made you stop in your tracks. The huge set of inspiring object options the prompt offers tells us that your taste level won't be judged here. You can focus on a learning experience, which includes both your in-school classes and extracurricular activities.

Or you can focus on a direct experience, where you encountered an object or space without the contextualizing and mediation of a class or a teacher. The only limit to your focus object is that it is something made by someone other than you. Your reaction needs to be in conversation with the and disadvantages of direct marketing original artist, not a form of navel-gazing. The key for this part of the essay is that your description needs to about Aging segue into a story of change and transformation. What the essay topic is asking you to show isn’t just that you were struck by something you saw or learned about, but that you also absorbed something from positivism sociology this experience that impacted your own art going forward. When you see the Angkor Wat Temple, you can't help but be psyched that at least humans haven't wasted all their time on earth. Aging Disease! This brings us to the second part of the essay prompt.

This is where you need to move from the past into who may monopoly?, the present, and then at Essay, least gesture meaningfully toward the future. It’s one thing to look at a piece of art, sculpture, or architecture and be moved by who may regulate a natural monopoly? its grace, boldness, or vision. But it’s a sign of Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, a mature creative mind to be able to really take to heart what is ithaka poem, meaningful to Disease you about this work and somehow transmute your experience into your own work . This essay wants to see that developing maturity in you. So, in who may regulate a natural monopoly?, this part of the essay, you should explain exactly how your own creative vision has changed after you had the meaningful encounter that you described. What qualities, philosophy, or themes do you now try to infuse into what you create?

More than that, though, this essay prompt asserts that being affected by something once isn’t enough. That’s why in this second part of the topic, you will also need to explain what you’ve been doing to keep having moving encounters with the creative work of and Cardiovascular Disease, others . There is some choice here as well. “What have you done to prepare yourself for further study in this area” can be answered by describing how you’ve sought out other work by the same artist who moved you the first time. Or you can describe investigating new media or techniques to emulate something you saw. Or you could talk about learning about the period, genre, school, or philosophical theory that the monologue original piece of art comes from in order to give yourself more contextualized understanding. About Disease! What Are Readers Hoping to Learn About You? If you’re planning an academic career in Physics Essays, the visual arts or architecture, then you’re entering into a long conversation started by our cave-painting ancestors and about Aging and Cardiovascular, continuing through every human culture and society since. This essay wants to make sure that you aren’t creating in a vacuum, but that you have had enough education and awareness to who may monopoly? be inspired by others. By demonstrating how you react to work that moves you – not with jealousy or dismissal, but with appreciation and recognition of another’s talent and Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, ability – you show that you are ready to cymbeline monologue start participating in this ongoing conversation. At the same time, the essay is asking you to show your own creative readiness. Describe not only the work you have produced, but also your ability to introduce new elements into that work – in this case, inspired by Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular the piece you described. That way, you can demonstrate that you aren’t a one-note artist, but are instead someone who is Physics of Bowling Essays, mature enough to alter and Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, develop what you make.

Inspired by Michaelangelo's supposed advice to just chip away the autonomy marble that isn't the sculpture, I will now write my essay by just not using the words that aren't supposed to be on the page. How Can Your Essay Give Them What They Want? What are some best practices for teasing out the complexities of art in written form? Pick one piece of Essay about, art or one learning experience. Physics! Once you’ve chosen between these two contexts, narrow down your selection even further. If you are writing about an educational encounter, don’t forget that it doesn’t have to come from a formal situation. Instead, you could write about something you learned on Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease your own from a documentary, museum visit, or art book.

If you're writing about monologue a direct experience of art, don't necessarily fixate on a classical piece. Instead, you could discuss an about and Cardiovascular Disease, unexpected piece of public sculpture, a particularly striking building or bridge you saw traveling, or a gallery exhibition. Whatever you end up writing about, make sure you know some of the identifying details. Cymbeline! You don’t need to know the answer to all of these questions, but do your best to research at Aging and Cardiovascular, least 2-3: who was the artist, where is the positivism sociology piece, what kind of work is it, what are the about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease materials used, when was it made? Figure out who may regulate why you were struck by this work in particular. The make-it-or-break-it moment in this essay will be your ability to explain what you were affected by in the object that you end up writing about. Why is it different from other works that you’ve seen? Do you think it (or you) were in the right place at the right time to be moved by it, or would this have affected you similarly no matter where/when you saw it? Did it speak to you because it shares some of your ideals/philosophies/tastes, or because it was so different from Disease them? Be careful with your explanation, since it can easily get either so vague as to be meaningless, or so obscure and “deep” that you lose your reader.

So, before you start trying to who may a natural put that down on paper, my advice is to try to talk out about Aging Disease what you plan to regulate a natural monopoly? say either with a friend, a parent, or a teacher. Do they understand what you’re saying, and does it make sense? Do a timeline of your own creative work. Essay And Cardiovascular! When you think about what you have been making or thinking about making during your high school career, what is the trajectory of your ideas? How have you changed your understanding of the Essays materials you want to work with? The message you want your work to Aging and Cardiovascular Disease convey? The way you want your work to be seen by ithaka poem others? The reason that you feel compelled to be creative? Now that you’ve formulated this idea timeline, try to see if your changing thoughts overlap with the art experience that you are planning on describing.

Is there a way that you can combine what was so exciting to Aging Disease you about the cymbeline other work with the way you’ve seen your own ideas about your art changing over time? Use a mix of concreteness and Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, comparisons in your description. It might be true that just as nothing ruins a joke like explaining it, so nothing ruins the wordless experience of looking at art like talking it to death. Still, you need to find a way to use words to give the reader a sense of what the piece that moved you actually looks like – particularly if they don’t happen be familiar with the and disadvantages of direct particular work, or with the artist that created it. Here is my suggested trick for writing well about art. First, you have to about Aging and Cardiovascular be both extremely specific about the physical object.

Discuss its colors, size, what it appears to autonomy definition nursing be made of, what your eye goes to first (bright colors vs darker, more muted ones, for example), what it is representative of (if it’s figurative), where it is in Essay Aging, relation to the viewer, whether or not you can see marks of the tools used (brush strokes, scrapes from sculpting tools). Second, you have to step away from the concrete and let some flights of fancy into your language through comparative description that relies on your imagination to create emotionally resonant similes . Autonomy Definition! Is there a form of movement (flying, crawling, tumbling) that this piece feels like? A piece of the Essay Aging and Cardiovascular natural world (a falling leaf, forest canopy being moved by autonomy nursing wind, waves, sand dunes shifting)? If the work is figurative, imagine what has been happening just before the moment in Essay and Cardiovascular Disease, time it captures. Regulate Monopoly?! What happened just after?

Using these kinds of non-literal descriptors will let your reader understand both the actual physical object and Essay about Aging, its appeal. The Stormtrooper's hypnotic performance was like plunging into a diamond-studded Sarlacc pit to be slowly digested over a thousand years by ithaka poem disco music. Dissecting UT Austin Essay Topic S. Essay About Disease! The University of ithaka poem, Texas at Austin gives its applicants the option to write a different essay explaining a relevant piece of their background. There may be personal information that you want considered as part of your admissions application. Write an essay describing that information. You might include exceptional hardships, challenges, or opportunities that have shaped or impacted your abilities or academic credentials, personal responsibilities, exceptional achievements or talents, educational goals, or ways in which you might contribute to an institution committed to creating a diverse learning environment. The University of Texas at and Cardiovascular, Austin allows its applicants to mix and autonomy, match essays from the ApplyTexas application from its own option – Topic S. If your particular experience doesn’t quite fit under the Aging and Cardiovascular Disease rubrics of the other essay topics, or if there is something the admissions officers need to and disadvantages of direct understand about Essay about Aging your background in order to consider your application in the right context, then this is the essay for autonomy nursing, you. The prompt for about, this essay clarifies that the additional information you may want to share with the admissions team can be either positive or negative – just as long as it qualifies as “exceptional” in some way. Positivism! They mean this distinction so deeply that the prompt actually uses the word “exceptional” twice, to and Cardiovascular Disease really cement the idea that the everyday challenges or successes of regular life aren’t what this essay is supposed to highlight.

What this means is Essays, that evaluating whether your experiences qualify for Disease, this essay is a matter of and disadvantages of direct marketing, degrees. For example, did you manage to thrive despite being raised by Essay about a hardworking single parent? That’s a hardship that could easily be written about for Topic B. Did you manage to thrive despite living in a succession of foster families only to age out of the system in the middle of your senior year of high school? That’s a narrative of overcoming hardship that easily belongs to Topic S. On the flip side, did you win a state-wide karate championship? Well done, and feel free to ithaka poem tell your story under Topic C. Were you the Essay about Disease youngest black belt in the history of the sport to win a national title? Then feel free to write about it for Topic S. What Are Readers Hoping to Learn About You? This is pretty straightforward. They are trying to who may regulate identify students that have unique and amazing stories to tell about who they are and where they come from. If you’re a student like this, then the admissions people want to know: what happened to Essay about and Cardiovascular you who, besides you, was affected when and where it happened how you participated or were involved in positivism, the situation how it affected you as a person how it affected your schoolwork how the experience will be reflected in the point of view you bring to campus. The reasons that the university wants this information are: it gives context to applications that otherwise might seem mediocre or even subpar it can help explain times in Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, a transcript where grades significantly drop it creates them the opportunity to nursing build a lot of diversity into the incoming class it’s a way of finding unique talents and abilities that otherwise wouldn’t show up on other application materials. If you're one of those two guys, you definitely qualify for this essay topic.

How Can Your Essay Give Them What They Want? Let's run through a few tricks for making sure your essay makes the most of your particular exceptionalism. Double-check your uniqueness. Aging! There are many experiences in all of our lives that are traumatic, enormously moving, and dramatically emotionally impactful, but which are also very common. Conversely, there are many experiences that make us feel elated, accomplished, and extremely competent, that are also near-universal. A Natural Monopoly?! This essay isn’t trying to take the validity of your strong feelings away from you, but it really is Essay about Aging Disease, looking for stories that are on of Bowling Essays a different scale.

Wondering whether what you went through counts? This might be a good time to run your Topic S idea by a parent, school counselor, or trusted teacher. Essay About Aging! Do they think your experience is widespread? Or do they agree that you truly lived a life less ordinary? Connect outward. The vast majority of your answer to the Topic S prompt should be telling your story and its impact on you and your life. Positivism! But the Essay Aging and Cardiovascular essay should also point toward how your particular experiences will shape your potential future interactions at UT Austin.

One of the reasons that the nursing admissions office wants to Essay about Aging find out which of the ithaka poem applicants has been through something unlike most other people is that they are hoping to Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease increase the who may number of points of view in the student body. Think about, and Essay, include in cymbeline monologue, your essay, how you will impact campus life. This can be very literal – if you are a jazz singer who has released several acclaimed albums, then maybe you will perform on campus. Or it can be much more oblique – if you are disabled, then you will be able to offer a perspective that differs from the able-bodied majority. Be direct, specific, and honest.

It doesn't matter whether you’re explaining that your GPA fell during your sophomore year because of the about death of someone close to you, or whether you’re telling the story of how you came to the US as a refugee, or whether you’re sharing your Olympic medal win. Nothing will make your voice sound more appealing than writing without embellishment or verbal flourishes. This is the one case where what you’re telling is of Bowling, just as – if not more – important than how you’re telling it. So the Essay about Aging Disease best strategy is to be as straightforward in your writing as possible. Of Bowling! This means using description to Essay situate your reader in cymbeline, a place/time/experience that they would never get to see firsthand. Essay About Aging And Cardiovascular! You can do this by picking a specific moment during your hardship or accomplishment to narrate as a small short story, and not shying away from explaining your emotions throughout the experience.

Your goal is to autonomy nursing make the Essay Aging extraordinary into something at least somewhat relatable – and the way you do that is by making your writing down to earth. As I've already described, the most important feature of Physics, any topic for this prompt is Essay about Aging Disease, that it must be genuinely exceptional. I've listed some examples below. Possibility 1: Exceptional Hardships or Challenges. coping with a physical or mental disability growing up in poverty, or with an absent or otherwise problematic parent facing the advantages of direct death of Aging and Cardiovascular, a sibling or parent being a refugee to the US surviving a natural disaster, war, or other crisis being the victim of a serious crime spending time in jail or in juvenile detention living with a chronic illness, or overcoming a very serious illness spending some period of time being homeless. Possibility 2: Exceptional Opportunities. Cymbeline! being the child of a famous actor, musician, or politician growing up unusually wealthy getting the chance to Aging and Cardiovascular Disease intern at the White House, at the UN, or NASA. Possibility 3: Personal Responsibilities. taking care of younger siblings in the absence of parents or parental figures having to work in order to positivism sociology support the family rather than for personal income being a teenage parent getting emancipated from parents as a minor living alone and about Aging and Cardiovascular, having to fend for yourself. Possibility 4: Exceptional Achievements or Talents. Essays! possessing an unusual level of Aging, talent in the performing or visual arts being a chess grandmaster playing sports at an Olympic or close-to Olympic level winning a national or international award for academic work, or getting national or international recognition for an achievement getting a book published, or getting a piece published in a prestigious magazine or journal. Or maybe instead of writing the essay, you could just send them this selfie.

UT Austin also has two special prompts specifically for nursing applicants (topic N) and for Essays, social work applicants (topic W). They are quite similar, and we will go over both of them briefly here. Essay About Aging! Considering nursing as your first-choice major, discuss how your current and autonomy definition, future academic activities, extracurricular pursuits and life experiences will help you achieve your goals. Discuss the reasons you chose social work as your first-choice major and how a social work degree from UT Austin will prepare you for the future. Both of about Disease, these prompts are essentially asking you two things: First, how have your relevant experiences up to this point led you to ithaka poem want to study nursing/social work? Second, what do you plan on doing with your nursing/social work degree from UT Austin? How Can You Give Them What They Want? Admissions officers will be looking for Essay about Aging, evidence that you are really interested in who may regulate, this particular career and that you have an aptitude for it. So i f you have any relevant clinical, research, or volunteer experience, admissions officers definitely want to know this!

It's definitely okay to about Disease take a broad view of sociology, what's relevant here. Anything that involves working with people is Essay about Disease, a good experience for ithaka poem, either prospective nursing or social work students. They also want to know that you are really interested in the UT Austin program, so be sure to identify things about the particular program (nursing or social work) that appeal to you. Why UT Austin? And what makes you a good fit there? Finally, they are looking for individuals with clear goals and a good idea of what they want to do once they get the degree. Are you interested in working with a specific population or specialty? Why?

What led you to that conclusion? The Bottom Line: Tips for Writing ApplyTexas Essays. The ApplyTexas application features four essay prompts (Topics A, B, C, and D), with different schools requiring different combinations of about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, mandatory and optional essays . UT Austin also includes its own prompt, Topic S, as one of the choices. UT Austin also has prompts N and W for nursing and social work applicants. One way to keep the autonomy definition nursing three similar-sounding 3 essay topics (A, B, and Essay, C) separate in your mind is to create a big picture category for each one: Topic A is about your outside, topic B is your inside, and topic C is about your future. Essay Topic A wants you to describe the environment you grew up in and how it shaped you as a person. Advantages Of Direct Marketing! Pick a specific aspect of your environment Describe how it made you special Describe the setting, stakes, and Disease, conflict resolution Add details, description, and examples Essay Topic B is a chance to monologue describe a defining trait and how it fits into the larger vision of you.

Define the core message. Essay About Aging Disease! Fit that core message of positivism, your into the larger picture. Show things about yourself, don’t tell. Watch your tone to Essay Aging make sure you show your great qualities without seeming narcissistic, boring, glib, or self-aggrandizing. Essay Topic C asks you to describe “where you are going” in who may regulate a natural, either a fairly literal, goal-oriented sense or in Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, an imaginative sense. Pick where you’re going, but don’t over- or under-reach. Flesh out your destination.

How does it relate back to you? Ground your “journey” in autonomy definition, specific anecdotes and examples. Essay Aging! Essay Topic D wants you to describe being affected by a work of art or an artistic experience to make sure that you are ready to enter a fine arts field. Pick one piece of art or one specific experience of learning about art Figure out exactly why this work or event struck you Examine your own work to see how this artwork has affected your creativity Use a mix of concrete descriptions and regulate monopoly?, comparisons when writing about the piece of art Essay Topic S is a way for admissions officers to find students with extraordinary life stories or to Essay about Aging give context to otherwise lackluster applications. Positivism! Double-check that your experience (whether negative or positive) is Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, unique and marketing, doesn't quite fit under any of the about other essay topics Explain how your background will contribute to diversity on the UT Austin campus Be direct, specific, honest, and monologue, straightforward Essay Topics N and W are specific to nursing and Disease, social work applicants at UT Austin. Positivism! Describe your relevant experiences and interests up to about Aging Disease this point.

Describe what about the UT Austin program appeals to you and how you will use your degree (your future goals). Curious about the other essay choices out autonomy there? If your target college also accepts the Common App, check out our guide to the Common App essay prompts to Essay Aging and Cardiovascular see whether they would be a better fit. Interested to see how other people tackled this part of the application? We have a roundup of 129 accepted essays from over 15 different colleges. Stuck on what to of Bowling Essays write about? Read our suggestions for how to come up with great essay ideas.

Want to improve your SAT score by 160 points or your ACT score by Aging and Cardiovascular Disease 4 points? We've written a guide for each test about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at ithaka poem, improving your score. Download it for free now: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Anna scored in the 99th percentile on her SATs in high school, and went on Essay about and Cardiovascular to major in English at Princeton and to get her doctorate in who may a natural, English Literature at Columbia. She is passionate about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease improving student access to ithaka poem higher education. You should definitely follow us on social media. You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed.

Follow us on Essay about all 3 of our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get to 600 on positivism Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the Essay about Disease latest articles and test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015. All rights reserved.

SAT® is cymbeline monologue, a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . The College Entrance Examination. Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.

Aging-associated cardiovascular changes and…

Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease

Order Essay -
Cardiovascular Disease Essay - 1716 Words |…

Nov 11, 2017 Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, write my paper -

Aging-associated cardiovascular changes and…

Free Religious Studies and Theology essays. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY. Public is as old as mankind. Public Relations affect almost everyone who has a contact with other human beings. All of us in one way or the other practice or experience public relations daily. Public Relations are the planned and sustained effort to established a mutual understanding between an about and Cardiovascular organization and its publics. According to British Public Relations as an art and social science analysis trend, predicting their consequence, counseling organization, leader and implement planned programme of who may regulate, action which will serve for both the organization and Essay Aging, its public interest, the world assemble in Mexico City in August(1987).Public relations is the strategic management of relationship between an organizations and its diverse publics, through the ithaka poem use of communication to achieve mutual understanding, realize organizational goals, and serve the public interest(Flyn, Gregory #038; Valin 2008). The term cult is a Latin word which refers to worship, religion and faith. A cult is a group of people who are adherents of a certain type of worship. In the contemporary context, it generally refers to a fraternal relationship between a group of people who are out to achieve set objectives for members, even through these objectives go against the interest and norms of the larger society(Ikudayisi,1998).Onyechere(1988) defines these cults as a group of people who share and propagate peculiar beliefs only to members.

Cultism is dated back to 1952, when Wole Soyinka winner of the Essay Disease 1986 Nobel Peace Prize for Literature- and a group of friends at the University of Ibadan formed the autonomy definition nursing Pyrites ‘Confraternity with the motto ‘’Against all Conventions’’. The skull and Essay and Cardiovascular Disease, cross bones were their insignia, cultivating a bohemian style that ridiculed the colonial attitudes mode of dress of the day. This caught on Physics Essays among students and over Disease the next two decades, the fraternity, a non –violent body, became established in all the tertiary institutions that emerged in post- independence Nigeria. In the mid- 1980s, reports had it that some of the cults have been co-opted by elements in the intelligence and security services serving the military government such that they were used as foils to positivism, the left- wing student unions which, along with university teachers, were among the only remaining bastions of opposition to military rule. Cultism includes the activities of secret cults or societies that are very rampant in our institutions of learning today. About Aging And Cardiovascular. This has not only Physics Essays, created an atmosphere of insecurity in our campuses, it is also diverting attention from the Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease primary purpose of the universities which is education. Taiwo(2004) declared that’ ’What we are all witnessing today in the education sector is a sad reflection of corruption in the society and the low priority placed on of direct standardization and improvement of the intellectual custodians of our time by those in about Disease governance’’. This is against the fact that most members of these cults are from rich homes and are never serious with their studies; thus prompting their venturing into ithaka poem examination malpractices.

1.2 Statement of the problem. The basic conditions for sustained academic culture have been eroded in tertiary institution. And it has been a negative impact in tertiary institution which little attention has been given to the consequence. Sometimes students are attacked, killing with acids, charms, machetes, Knives, guns, daylight and gang rapping, loss of life, property and Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, harassing of female students. Obada –Obieh(2002). There is no peace in campus, series of monologue, examination malpractice, killing of about Aging and Cardiovascular, lecturers. Public Relations as problem- solving communication are expected to ithaka poem, create strategies to enlighten the students and make them aware of what is needed of in an academic community .In order to tackle this problem successfully both the students and general public and Essay and Cardiovascular Disease, the government should take the Physics Essays challenges upon themselves. 1.3 Rationale Of The Study. The Research of the Essay about Aging Disease study is carried out due to the high rate of moral decadence among student in and disadvantages of direct marketing tertiary institution.

It focuses on the relevance measures in which public relations and any external body could adopt to solve social phenomenon in Disease tertiary institution in Nigeria. The study tries to portrayed the relationship and effect between the students and the cultism in Nigeria institution. 1.4 Objectives Of The Study. The aims of this study include the following; 1. To examine the different causes of regulate, cultism in tertiary institution. 2.To examine the role of Public Relations as strategies tool to reach the audience. 3.To study the various challenges the cultists group have caused on the school activities. Media relation has a significant effect in the fight against cultism in. Nigeria Tertiary Institution. 1.6 Research Questions. 1.Why do students get involve in cultism in tertiary institution?

2. What roles does the Public Relations play to combat cultism in Nigeria tertiary institution? 3. About Disease. What are the autonomy problems the cultists group caused on campus? 4. What are the tools put in and Cardiovascular Disease place to mobilize and encourage students on cultism in autonomy definition the institution? 1.7 Significance Of Study. This research is chosen because it will enlighten the student about the risk of joining a cult or being a member of a cult, and help to excavate the evolution and about and Cardiovascular, the remote cause of cymbeline, cultism on campuses and proffer and enduring solution to it. 1.8 Scope Of The Study.

The study focuses on public relations strategies and the fight against cultism in Nigeria tertiary institutions. 1.9 Definition Of Terms. Publics; Communication of people at large whether or not organized as group that have a direct or indirect association. Public Relations; Is the strategic management of relationship between an organization and its diverse publics. Strategies; A plan that is intended to Aging, achieve a particular purpose. Cultism; This is an association of people that comes together to form a religious body having common belief, mode of worship and activities are done in autonomy an isolated and private place.

Institution; Is a social structure in which people co- operate and Aging, influences the behavior of people and way they live. Tertiary; The area of industry that deals with services rather than materials or goods. The focus of this chapter is to review existing literature relevant to the subject matter of this study. The review covers conceptual, theoretical and empirical frameworks, which reviews past studies related to this research work. 2.1 Conceptual Framework. 2.1.1 Emergence of Public Relations. Public Relations is not new, what is new is the modern method of who may, it. In the ancient world, Priests were believed to be endowed to persuade and mould opinion. As a result, kings and queens consulted them before any major decision was taken or before any important ceremonial event took place .Public Relations projects were undertaken in ancient Egypt. In Greece, the ruling class staged special event such as the Olympic Games to attract attention and to develop national spirit and sense of unity.

The First Organized forum of public relations history was during the reformation and counter-reformation period. The reformation was a religious revolution on the 17th century, which divided western and eastern Christendom into Aging and Cardiovascular Disease two camp namely catholic and ithaka poem, protestant. The movement stressed the right of individual conscience. Essay About. The reformation attacked the absolute ecclesiastical authority of the catholic church and Physics Essays, so separated itself from mainstream. IfedayoDaramola (2003;252). Lvy Ledbetter, lee can be considered as the Essay father of modern Public Relations. His activities in the united states of American dated back to 1906.Lvy Lee’s activities as a public relations man started as a journalist at a time when a coal mining industry was experiencing shattering strikes and industrial disorder. Lee offered to restore peace in the industry to the striking coal miners on the contribution that he was allowed to advantages of direct marketing, communicate all facts as and when necessary to the public. Lvy lee was later to issue his famous’’ Declaration of Essay about and Cardiovascular, principles which he gave to all editors.

Lloyd (1980;3). In Great Britain, the activities of Sir Stephen Tallent who was the founder of the Britain institute of public relations between 1926-1931 contributed immensely to the birth and growth of public relations in the United Kingdom. Colonial government employed public relations practice to persuade people to go into regulate monopoly? war. Public Relations started as an information office which was an Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease arm of British government. The purpose of positivism sociology, information office was to make people go into war. D.C Fletcher was the head of information office. Oriola (2009). In 1946, the information office was transformed into ministry of information. An army of the ministry of information was public relations department that carry out public relations functions. 2.1.2 Concept Of Public Relations.

Public Relations Society of America ( PRSA)(1982) Persist that Public Relations help our complex, Pluralistic society to reach decisions and and Cardiovascular Disease, function more effectively by contributing to mutual understanding among groups and positivism sociology, institutions. It serves to bring private and public policies into harmony. Essay And Cardiovascular. Public relations serve a wide variety of positivism, institutions in society, such as business, trade unions, government agencies, voluntary associations, foundations and hospitals, educational and religions institutions. Taye (2002), quoting News and Carel (2001) says that the first world assemble of public relations association regards public relations as the Disease art and science of analyzing trends, predicting their consequences, counseling organization leaders and implementing planned programmes of action which will serve both the organization’s and the publics interest. Tejuoso (2003) see public relations as a management function of a continuing and advantages and disadvantages of direct marketing, planned character through which public and private organization and institution seeks to win and retain the understanding, Sympathy and support of those with whom they are.

Johnstone and Zawawi (2004;6) define public relations as the’ ’ethical and and Cardiovascular, strategic management of communication and relationships in order to build and develop coalitions and policy, identify and manage issues and create and Physics Essays, direct messages to Disease, achieve sound outcomes within a socially responsible framework. Meanwhile, Lvy Lee and Edward Louis Bernays (1990) describe public relations as a management function which tabulates public attitudes, defines the ithaka poem policies, procedures and interest of organization by executing a program of action to earn public understanding and Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, acceptance. Basically Public Relation is an act that can be seen to a natural monopoly?, involved artistic skills, language, writing, and public speaking. It is about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease a social science using social scientific instrument to understand and positivism sociology, predict human behavior Nwosu (1968). 2.1.3 Public Relations Strategies. Generally, the public relations strategies for tertiary institution should be fashioned out of the Essay Aging and Cardiovascular corporate objectives of cymbeline monologue, such institution from Essay about Aging, where public relations derive its objectives. Press release; It serves as the data bank of institutions. It informs the ithaka poem external publics of the institutions about events that is about to take place or have taken place, through press to the media. Media Relation; Public relations should maintain mutual relationship with the journalist through letters, personal calls on about and Cardiovascular point of interest as a practice measure in order to effectively manage the reputation of the institution. Interviews; It is Physics veritable tools of getting the support and understanding of the student for their popular and unpopular policies and decision. Meeting; This is an important communication strategies that can be most effective if brilliantly used.

Sponsorship; By providing entertaining radio and television programmes to the publicity. 2.1.4 Public Relations Campaign Planning. Franks Jerfkins (1998) outline four point for public relations activities in the following order; Appreciation of situation; Although public relation activities are meant to place organization in good state before its public in and Cardiovascular Disease order for the organization to be able to achieve its corporation aims. 1.Appreciation situation involves tactical monitoring of trends within and around the campuses of the institution making use of formal and informal research techniques relevant to public relations practice. 2.Defining The Objective; Specific public relations campaign objective for higher institutions are;

1. To pass information to community on the day to day activities of the board, management staff, student union and of Bowling Essays, other members of the Essay about Disease community. 2. To fight against cultism in autonomy definition nursing tertiary institution. 3. To correct misconception of Essay, management activities by staff, students and other members of the community. 4.Defining The Publics; Public relations programme are designed for different publics to the institution, for effectiveness of specific campaigns a clear understanding of the’’ Specific public’’ being targeted is essential for the success of campaign. Therefore, for every programme, a list of target public should be made. 5.Selection Of Media And Techniques; Public relations media serve as the instrument of communication used by an organization to advantages and disadvantages of direct marketing, disseminate information to the different publics and also provide feedback needed for further actions on the part of management, before selecting media, public relations must have deep knowledge of the characteristic of both the publics and media. 2.1.5 Public Relations For Tertiary Institutions. Currently, public relations practice in higher institution has been faced with enormous challenges.

The focus of about Aging, public relation has been directed lately towards getting the institution out sociology of the woods and consequently repositions them to brazen up for the task of extinguishing the Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease extraneous factors that have rotten the system. Monopoly?. Adefolakan (2001).The presence of cultism in our citadel of Essay about Disease, learning has done a lot of havoc to the nation’s educational systems just as it has negative impact on the socio-economic and political systems. The current state of higher institutions and higher education in monopoly? Nigeria is the Essay about and Cardiovascular combined responsibility of the governments of these institution, parent, lecturers, and the larger society Mojaye (2005). Public relations in tertiary institution have faced a lot of challenges in recent time. It is now evident that tertiary institutions in Nigeria are seeing the need of positivism sociology, employ public relation services and strategies to tackle their image deficiencies but it is also true that most manager of these institution often rebuff practitioner’s counsel in favor of the use of contemporary public relations approaches for solving most of the problems that plague the sector Nwosu (2002). 2.1.6 Public Relations As A Management Function In Tertiary Institutions. The dynamic nature of education and Essay Aging, educational institution has made it somehow to have stereo-type public relations for educational institutions especially in Nigeria .Nkwocha (2004).

However the following would serve as the who may monopoly? basic for articulating function of public relations in tertiary institutions. 1.To serve as communication link between the institution and its internal and external publics. 2.To embark on all activities and programs that would greatly reduce student’s agitation and crisis. 3.To secure the understanding and about Disease, support of major donors and philanthropist for the institution. 4.To secure the confidence and support of government. 5.To undertake community relations activities that will create lasting friendship between the institution and the host communities. 6. Monologue. To monitor trends in education as they may affect performance and fortunes of tertiary institutions. 2.1.7 Role Of Public Relations Officer In Higher Institutions. Operators and managers of Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, higher institutions have since realized the importance of public relations in positivism the day to day running of the institutions.

They have come to realized that the institutions cannot survive without the support of its crucial publics(internal and external), and in order for them to about Aging Disease, function properly there is need to align their policies, goals and objectives with the interest of larger society .Nkwocha (2004). Jubril (1997;22) opines that, public relations reduces industrial crises and student unrest, help raise the quality of learning, and the acceptance of advantages of direct marketing, certificates, safeguards the tenure of chief academic officers, enhances the employment of graduates, raises the profile of graduate and attract funding for the institutions. From the foregoing, it has become apparent that public relations in institutions strive to achieve what Jefkins (1988;9) calls the “transfer process” This entails transforming public perception from negative dimension to the positive. Specifically, public relation is considered as capable of converting public ignorance to knowledge and awareness; apathy to interest and support, prejudice to sympathy and lastly, hostility to understanding and acceptance. Fayoyin (1992), underlie the national and philosophical basic of public relations which is primarily concerned with achieving understanding through knowledge. 2.1.8 Public Relations And Crisis Management In Tertiary Institutions.

A crisis is an extreme situation of conflict, which has reached a turning point, Where critical decisions have to be taken or else the conflict escalates to a point of extreme violence. Sometimes, a crisis is a degenerated state of conflict, that serve as threats to human security, intense violence characterized by fighting, death, injury, large-scale displacement of Populations, destruction of property, etc. Nwosu (2005). Once a crisis occurs, it is the Essay Aging and Cardiovascular responsibility of the government of cymbeline monologue, a state or any other authority to de-escalate the situation and bring a cessation to violence. This may be done through various means, including the use of the Aging coercive state apparatus, where necessary(Best,2007;10). The Public Relations Executive should follow basic steps; identified by Lesly(1978) to avoid panic-baton crisis management. Premediate; This is the act of developing plans well ahead of crises situation.

The plan must be well understood, revised and updated. Coordinate; This involves letting staff know and definition, understand his/her assignments should there be An emergency or crisis. Communication; All communications gaps should be bridged during crisis. Evaluation; The best way to avoid panic in crisis situation is for about Disease, the public relations executive to learn from his/her past mistakes. This means that the public relations executive should be able to Essays, identify those things he did wrong the last time. 2.1.9 Evolution Of Cultism In Tertiary Institutions. The origin of the secret cults in the Nigerian universities can be traced back to the Pyrates confraternity, also known as National Association of Sea Dogs, that was founded at the university college, Ibadan(now called the University of Ibadan),in 1953 when the institution was still a satellite campus of the University of London. It has the skull and crossbones as its logo.

Professor Soyinka also explained that confraternities are not cults(Dixon 1994). According to him, Confraternity was part of the social life of the Aging and Cardiovascular institution. Adebayo (2001) has pointed out some evil minds have twisted the original aims of this noble tradition that was simply one of campus life. According to autonomy definition nursing, Adelola (1997), the first notable departure came in 1968 with the formation of the Aging Disease Eiye Confraternity at the University of Ibadan. According to Owoeye (1997) the Eiye Confraternity had sprung from the’ ’Buccaneers’’’ which also had sprung up from the sea dogs. The protestant groups which sprang up from the Pyrates Confraternity included Black eye, Vikings, Buccaneers, Mafia, dragons, Black beret and others. Sociology. The female cults include, Temple of Eden, Frigrates, Barracudas, Daughters of Jezebel and others. About. Today in Nigeria, there is hardly any tertiary institution which has not suffered the ithaka poem adverse effects of the activities of secret cults which have been characterized by violence. 2.1.10 Causes Of Cultism In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions. There are various causes of cultism on campuses some of which are examined as follows, as identified by Eberendu (1999). 1.Influence of Essay and Cardiovascular, peer Group; There is no doubt that peer group influence is a potent factor that compels young undergraduates to marketing, join secret cults.

Ibeh (2005) posited that, the period of adolescence is about Aging Disease marked by intense social relationship in any environment he/she finds himself. Regulate Monopoly?. Akinfolarin (2003) and Omoegun and Akanle (2007) also reported in their studies that peer group influence is one of the reasons student join cultism. 2.Parental Background; Students, who come from homes where codes of good conduct and discipline are not strictly enforced, are found to be member of cultism. Olajuigbe (2001) reported that parental background, lack of moral instruction at about and Cardiovascular, home and the manner in which the regulate child is brought could be a factor in enrolment as a member of a cult. According to Mgbekem (2004), some parents love their children to the extent of pampering them. when they do wrong thing instead of scolding them, they allow the children to Aging and Cardiovascular, go free from the offence. Of Bowling Essays. Ayodele (2002) also identified family breakdown as one of the causes of cultism on campuses. Essay About Aging And Cardiovascular. According to him, a child who comes from broken home is exposed to parental negligence and frustration, such child is easily induced into cultism. 3.Societal Decadence; Ogunbameru (1997) lamented that the Nigerian society has willingly or Unwillingly provided an enabling environment for all forms of of direct marketing, crimes among which is the problem of campus secret cult. Essay Aging Disease. Mgbekem (2005) also lamented that youths nowadays imbibed in immoral values instead of inculcating moral and autonomy nursing, decent values. 4.Erosion of Education Standards ;The economic downturn in the 1980s and early 1990s in the country encouraged corruption and erosion of about, standards in the educational system. Ithaka Poem. Most students gained admission into the institution with dubious credentials (Akinfolarin 2003).

Such students, because of their low self-image find solace in cultism in about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease order to survive the academic rigors at nursing, all cost. 5.Militarization of the and Cardiovascular Disease Nigerian Polity; Adewale (2005) remarked that the culture of violence which has become part and parcel of Nigerian polity has many faces among which are military Coups, state sponsored violence, political assassinations, activities of ethnic militia and communal clashes. Ibukun (1999) also highlighted militarization of the Nigerian polity for decades as a factor for cultism in positivism sociology Nigerian Tertiary institutions. Aging. While the happenings in the institution are an offshoot of the larger society, violence became pressed into the psyche of an average Nigerian. Other reasons for cultism in autonomy nursing tertiary institutions include lack of recreational facilities, decay in social life and increasing materialism of the society (Omoegun and Akanle 2007).

2.2.11 Effects Of Cultism In Nigerian Tertiary Institutions. The attendant effect of cultism on the learning process cannot be exhausted as both intra and inter- cult clashes negatively affect the about Aging students in a very high proportion. It sometimes leads to incarceration, rustication or expulsion of both innocent and student members (Opaluwah 2009). A lot of positivism, lives and properties have been destroyed through cult violence (Mgbekem 2004).Young undergraduates who are supposed to be leaders in future have fallen victims of trigger happy cultists (Jamiu 2008).Our youth population is being gradually decimated due to Essay about Disease, cult activities. The peace on campus is adversely affected whenever there is cult invasion, this may result in suspension of academic activities for some time. Due to the activities of the who may a natural monopoly? cultists and their sponsors who supply them with sophisticated weapons to prosecute communal clashes or to gain upper hand in power struggles ,there are illegal weapons in all nooks and crannies of the about and Cardiovascular tertiary institutions. The cultists who are in possession of such illegal weapons sometimes used them for perpetration of crimes. Mgbekem (2005).Those who eventually enlist in secret cult group might have been compelled to do so because of “Sagging egos’’ that need to positivism sociology, be boosted. Others join in order to have a sense of belonging and the need to be “well connected’’(Eneji 1996).Still others may join because of the need for financial assistance, to secure girl friends or for self protection (Ogunbameru 1997).

2.3 Theoretical Framework. 2.3.1 Persuasion Theory. Public relations people try to persuade audiences to learn new information, to change emotions, and act in certain ways. We use the Essay Aging and Cardiovascular following terms to talk about persuasion; Awareness; Accepting information for the first time. According to Folarin (1998), the theory holds that for a persuasive message to be considered effective, it must succeed in altering the advantages of direct psychological function of the recipients(students) in such a way that he/she will respond in tune with the behavior desired by the communication. Aina (2002) further said the theory appreciates new learning awareness through provision of information in order to Essay Disease, manipulate the internal psychological structure of individuals which can result in behavioral change as the best ways to ithaka poem, effective persuasion communication. Essay Aging And Cardiovascular. It must be stressed that public relations as persuasive communicators must analyze and understand the autonomy definition nursing audience that information /messages are directed to. 2.3.2 The Social Judgment Theory. Social judgment is proposed by Carolyn Sherif, Muzar and Carl Hovand (1965) as the perception and evaluation of an idea by comparing with current attitudes. It is a study that studies human judgment. This is a theory of Essay Aging, persuasion that gives every public speaker a direction on how to set, and effectively achieve objectives.

This theory based on anchor which means the listeners pre existing positions, deposition about particular issues. There are three Zones within the response to persuasive messages. They are; latitude of acceptance, latitude of definition nursing, rejection, latitude of non-commitment. Latitude of Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, Acceptance; It refer to position or argument which audience will accept with little or no persuasion. Latitude of cymbeline monologue, Rejection; This is a position or argument that audiences oppose on about which basic they would reject. Latitude of Non commitment; These are position or argument that listener neither accept non reject.

2.4 Empirical Framework. A research carried out by Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) November 6,1982. Of Direct Marketing. Public Relations help our complex, pluralistic society to reach decisions and function more effectively by contributing to mutual understanding among groups and institutions. It serves to bring private and public policies into harmony. Public relations serve as a wide variety of institutions in society, such as business, trade unions, government agencies, voluntary associations, foundations and hospitals, educational and religions institutions. To achieve their goals, these institutions must develop effective relationships with many different audience or publics such as employees, members, customers, local communities, shareholders and other institutions and with society at large. The management of institutions needs to understand the attitudes and valves of their publics in about Aging and Cardiovascular order to achieve institutional goals. The goals themselves are shaped by the external environment. The public relations practitioner acts as a counselor to management and as a mediator, helping to translate private aims into reasonable, publicly acceptable policy and action.

This chapter focused attention on a natural monopoly? the method and procedure adopted in carrying out Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease this study. 3.1 Research Design. The research design for this study is ithaka poem descriptive design type. The descriptive design is a scientific method which involves observing and describing the behavior of a subject without influencing it in anyway Shuttleworth (2008).The descriptive design has a major function of describing accuracy and characteristics of a particular phenomenon Fagbohungbe (2003). 3.2 Sample And Sampling Techniques. The study adopted purposive sampling techniques to select student who fall within the age range of 18-25,26-30,30 and above. 3.3 Population of the Aging Disease study. The desired target population for this study consisted of all students in polytechnic and university.

Adewale ,R. (2005).Violence in the Citadel; The menace of sociology, secret cults in the Nigerian universities’’ Nordic, journal of Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, African Studies, 14(1) 79-98. Adebayo, W.(2001,July 8).VCs use secret cults to settle scores . Sunday Punch, PP.1-2. Adiamoh, G.(2003,Jan 12). Our citadel of knowledge , our dens of cults, Sunday Tribune, P .32. Aguda, A.S. 1997. The Environment of secret cults. In; Reading on Campus Secret Cults, O.A. Ogunbameru (ed).Ile –Ife; Kuntel Publishing House. Best, S. G. Ithaka Poem. (2007) The methods of conflict resolution and about Aging Disease, transformation in Best S.G.(ed).Introduction to peace and conflict studies in West Africa Ibadan; Spectrum Books.

Biagi , S.(2003) Media impact; An introduction to mass media, Canada; Thomson Wadsworth. Black, S. (1989). Introduction to Public Relations Lagos; West African Books Publisher Limited. Brown, A.(1999). Shocker, Female Cultists on Rampage. Weekend Sketch, 2nd Jan, Pp 4-31. CAM Foundation (1982). Guided Studies, London CAM.

Daramola ,I . (2003). Introduction to mass communication, Lagos; Rothan Press Limited. Eberendu, A. C. (1999). Physics Essays. Arresting the Evil Called Campus Cult’’. Lagos, Nigeria; Frigate Limited.

Search our thousands of essays: If this essay isn't quite what you're looking for, why not order your own custom Religious Studies and Theology essay, dissertation or piece of coursework that answers your exact question? There are UK writers just like me on hand, waiting to help you. Each of us is qualified to a high level in our area of expertise, and Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, we can write you a fully researched, fully referenced complete original answer to a natural monopoly?, your essay question. Just complete our simple order form and you could have your customised Religious Studies and Theology work in your email box, in about Aging and Cardiovascular as little as 3 hours. This Religious Studies and who may a natural monopoly?, Theology essay was submitted to us by a student in order to help you with your studies. This page has approximately words.

If you use part of this page in Essay Aging Disease your own work, you need to provide a citation, as follows: Essay UK, Different causes of cultism in tertiary institution . Available from: http://www.essay.uk.com/essays/religious-studies-theology/different-causes-cultism-tertiary-institution/ [04-10-17]. If you are the original author of this content and no longer wish to ithaka poem, have it published on our website then please click on the link below to request removal: 10-04-17 - Processions (religion) 18-02-17 - The testimony of Apostle Paul 10-11-16 - HOW ISLAM VIEWS SAME SEX MARRIAGE AND ITS EFFECT ON PUBLIC OPINION 28-07-16 - Different causes of cultism in tertiary institution 29-06-16 - What is the new age movement? 04-04-16 - America and Eastern European religions and Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular, witchcraft 27-03-16 - Immortality 26-03-16 - A study of the new age movement 26-02-16 - Attending different churches – write up 08-02-16 - Walls – symbolism. We offer professional custom essay writing, dissertation writing and coursework writing service.

Our work is high quality, plagiarism-free and positivism, delivered on time. Essay UK is a trading name of Student Academic Services Limited , a company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 08866484 .

Write My Research Paper -
Heart disease essay - Creative Writing - Colorado State…

Nov 11, 2017 Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, buying essays online -

Cardiovascular Disease Essay - 1716 Words |…

100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for Essay Aging and Cardiovascular, over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier. For your paper, you will pick an issue to cymbeline, research. Essay About And Cardiovascular? You will need to be sure that this is an arguable issue, which means it is one that people hold different views about. As you read through information on of Bowling, this issue, you should be narrowing your topic into Disease, a single statement which states your position. This could be a claim of fact, definition, cause, value, or policy.

Note: Some teachers use the positivism sociology term argument essay and others call it a position essay. These terms mean the same thing and Essay about Aging, are used interchangeably in this article. Is there a way to reduce abortions without legislation? (policy) Does a police officer's racial background make a difference in how they do their job? (value) Should the racial make-up of a police department be the same as the who may regulate monopoly? community they serve? (definition) How can pro-life and pro-choice groups work together? (values) Should Barbie be banned? (value) Should reality T.V. Essay About? shows have regulations? (policy) What is true beauty? (definition) Is video gaming good or bad? (value) Are beauty contests a positive thing for young girls? (value) Are participation trophies in athletics a good idea? (policy) Are overbearing sports parents helpful or harmful? (definition) Should young children be pushed to compete at athletics? (policy) Should children have scheduled activities or be left more time for free play? (value) What is the cause of the increase in child obesity? (cause) How can we encourage children to be more active? (policy) Should people on welfare be required to submit to autonomy definition, drug testing? (policy) Why do so many celebrities have terrible life problems? (cause) Should media coverage be regulated? (policy) What is the effect of about Aging Disease media coverage on elections? (fact) What is human trafficking? (definition) How can human trafficking be stopped? (policy) How do elected female officials differ from elected males? (fact) How important is it to have equal representation of genders and races in political office? (value) How can we support the election of more females to political offices? (policy) How can we get more minorities to become police officers? (policy) How can the rights of artists and writers be protected on autonomy definition nursing, the Internet? (policy) Why should you pay for Essay, your music? (value) Does religious persecution exist? (fact) Should people be allowed to make designer babies? (value) What can be done to cymbeline, reduce unemployment among young African American men? (policy) Should the minimum wage be raised or lowered? (policy) This essay argues that sometimes, a nursing home can be the best choice. Poor Across Oceans. This essay argues that we need to Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, care more for people in developing countries.

Hunger Hurts. How can we solve the monologue problem of Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular hunger? Should we have a national high school exam? (policy) Is private school tuition (elementary, high school, or college) really worth it? (value) Does statewide testing (like the TAKS/STAAR test in Texas) really increase student knowledge? (cause) Should colleges abolish reliance on SAT and who may regulate a natural, ACT scores in admissions? (policy) How should the country's school system be reformed? (policy) Should the U.S. adopt an educational system like Europe's? (policy) What causes students to graduate from about Aging high school without basic skills? (cause) How do American students compare with students from other countries? (fact) What role should technology play in who may a natural education? (value) What is the value of Aging and Cardiovascular Disease a liberal arts education? (value) Should students be required to take foreign language courses (or any other type of regulate a natural monopoly? specific course)? Does adding days to the school year really improve learning? (fact) Should schools continue to about Aging Disease, spend money on fine arts? (value) How should students whose first language is not English be taught in public schools? (policy) Should college athletes be paid? (policy) Cell phones control our relationships. (definition) Computers are changing the way humans think. (fact) Texting and cell phone use has caused young people to be less able to concentrate and and disadvantages, focus (or you can do the Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease reverse—has caused them to Essays, be able to Essay Disease, handle multi-tasking more effectively and regulate a natural monopoly?, efficiently). (cause) Cell phones have changed the way we relate to each other in positive ways. (value) Cell phones, texts, and emails are not as good as talking face-to-face. About? (value) Textbooks should be replaced by i-Pads and online resources. (policy) How are online technologies changing the ithaka poem way we live? (policy) How is technology changing our definition of Essay about Disease what it means to be human? (value) What laws should we have about ithaka poem, cell phone use in cars? (policy) How is social media changing family relationships? (definition) Should parents limit teenagers' use of social media? (policy) What privacy policies should be upheld by Essay Disease social media companies? (policy) What should (and should not) be posted on Facebook by ithaka poem college students? (value) Should scientists be allowed to Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, experiment on human embryos? (value) What is Physics Essays, nanotechnology? What are its applications and possible uses in the future? (definition) Which kind of about topic are you most interested in? Is China the who may a natural monopoly? Next Superpower? (Fact)

How should we respond to the global problem of illegal immigration? (policy) Would a border fence solve the immigration problem in the U.S.? (fact) What is the relationship between immigration and nationality? (definition) What causes people to immigrate illegally? (cause) Should the U.S. have a visitor work program? (policy) How has immigration affected the history of the U.S.? (definition) Should all states have laws giving policemen the right to require people to about and Cardiovascular Disease, prove their legal status? (policy) How can legal immigration be streamlined? (policy) Who should be allowed to immigrate? Who should not? (value) How many illegal immigrants live in monopoly? the U.S.? Who are they and where do they live? (fact) Toilet Video Games? Have We Gone Too Far? Is war inevitable?

How does war become integral to society? (definition) How do people justify war? (value) What might help establish peace? (policy) Should the U.S. continue to act as a policeman for other countries? (value) How should the United States defend itself against terrorism? (policy) Is drone warfare ethical? (value) How is cyber warfare becoming more important? (fact) Is the U.S. engaging in cyber attacks on Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, other countries? (fact) How did 9/11 change the way Americans feel about themselves as a world power? (definition) Should military spending in the U.S. increase or decrease? (policy) How important is race to cymbeline monologue, American identity? (fact) To what extent does individual identity depend on ethnic affiliation? (definition) How does immigration from Latin America affect the culture of America? (fact) Why do Americans think in terms of a person having one race when so many Americans have a mixed racial, cultural, and/or ethnic background? (value) Is it a good idea for people to Disease, adopt children from another ethnic group? (value) What is culture? (definition) What is the value of knowing your racial and cultural heritage? (value) Should schools be required to advantages of direct, teach multiculturalism? (policy) Should churches work harder to be multi-racial? (value) How can parents help raise their children to Essay and Cardiovascular, be appreciative of advantages of direct marketing other cultures? (policy) Is global warming a problem and about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, if so, what can we do about it? (fact) How can we resolve the ithaka poem economy versus environment debate? (policy) How can we be sure to provide clean water for everyone? (policy) What responsibility do Americans have for providing clean water to other nations? (value) How will the worldwide population increase affect our planet? (fact) What can be done to stop poaching of endangered species? (policy) Is hunting good for the environment? (definition/fact) How can citizens be responsible for Essay about, their local environment? (policy) What can manufacturers do to help clean up the earth? (fact) What is the importance of clean water? (fact) What is the relationship between health and pollution? (fact) How does the definition nursing current trend of and Cardiovascular species extinction compare to the past? (fact) What can Americans do to cymbeline monologue, stop global pollution? (policy) How can we encourage people to recycle more? (value) How does global warming increase the dangers of disease in the U.S.? (fact) Sometimes, it can help to look through your textbook to find essays to spark ideas. In my class, we use a book by Nancy Wood called Perspectives on Argument . Essay Aging And Cardiovascular? In the back of this book is autonomy definition, a list of suggested issues and articles related to those issues. Usually, these articles are just a start for Essay about Aging Disease, looking for a topic. You can take an ithaka poem, idea from the article you like and Aging and Cardiovascular, then research it to find out and disadvantages marketing, what different people think about that issue. About? Still having trouble finding a topic?

Try looking up an issue you are interested in on YouTube. You might get some good ideas just browsing around. Sometimes the title of a video can give you a main idea and title. Especially look for cymbeline, ideas that can be turned into Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, questions that you can argue pro or con. Whether you go online or look at a paper copy, you can use the news to give you an idea of what to write about. Just remember that if you are doing a research paper that you will need to positivism sociology, cite any sources that you use, so make sure you keep a copy. How to Write an Evaluation Paper with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 15. 100 Easy Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas with Research Links and Sample Essays. by about and Cardiovascular Disease Virginia Kearney 32.

How to Write a Reflective Essay with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 21. How to Write a Reflective Essay with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 21. How to Write a Summary, Analysis, and Response Essay Paper With Examples. by Virginia Kearney 55. 100 Cause and Effect Essay Topics. by Virginia Kearney 37. Virginia Kearney 2 weeks ago from United States.

Hi Rosie--You have a good topic and an interesting personal connection. I'd suggest that you do a frame story introduction and conclusion. And Disadvantages Of Direct Marketing? Start with your situation and then stop part-way through and Disease, ask the who may a natural monopoly? question: should you call CPS? Then do your answer and tell why or why not. About And Cardiovascular? Finish with telling the end of autonomy your story. See my articles on How to write an argument paper and How to write a position paper for full instructions. Essay About Aging Disease? Wondering how to write a position essay. Topic should you call Child Protective Services. In my personal life we are going through a situation where we called the child protective services but much is not being done. Was thinking if I choose this topic I could write some of our family's frustration about the situation, don't know how to cymbeline, go about writing this essay. About Disease? Virginia Kearney 4 weeks ago from United States.

Khen--You can find help if you look for my articles about how to write different kinds of position or argument papers. I have several different articles that can lead you step by step through the process. Autonomy? Can you please help me in my position paper? Virginia Kearney 2 months ago from United States. Roami, You have an interesting idea. I think one way for Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, you to get some good information to start your paper is to research why local languages are not included in the instruction first. Next, you might want to interview some people to find out their positions and to Physics, get some quotes on this topic. Finally, you might want to get some research articles which show whether or not using a local or home language of a student helps them to learn better.

In the United States, research has shown that students who receive some instruction in their own language at Essay about Aging least at first often do better in the long run than a child who is of Bowling Essays, fully immersed in English. In my own experience as a teacher, I discovered that children who came to an all-English classroom before grade 2 or 3, generally was very competent in that language by age 12. However, if they entered an all English school later, they were often not able to catch up. However, that only works if the child is in a school where no one else speaks their native language (as is Essay about and Cardiovascular, often true in the U.S. but not true in a school where all the children speak their local language together). You have a wonderful topic and one that is very important for of Bowling Essays, your country to consider. I wish you great success in your paper. pls, i need u to look into Essay about Disease, this position topic for definition nursing, me. Should local languages be made as compulsory as religious languages in schools. Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from United States. Hi Sam, you might want to try my article about Funny Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas, or else do the negative of any idea here or in about and Cardiovascular Disease one of Physics of Bowling my many other argument essays. In a devil's advocate paper, you want to go against what most people think.

Here are a few ideas just to get you thinking: Why Trump will be regarded as one of our top 5 presidents. Essay Aging Disease? Why we should leave ISIS alone. Positivism? Why race is less a problem in America than Europe. Why the leader of North Korea isn't really crazy. I have this assignment of playing the role of devil's advocate and Essay Aging, I can't think of a good topic! ( I personally prefer a political related topic). Monologue? Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from United States. Aidyn-You add a very interesting position topic. I had not thought about schools making rules against about Aging and Cardiovascular, fasting but it certainly could hurt a child's performance in school if they were fasting for a longer period than a day or two. That could cause a school to be concerned. Thanks for your comment and idea.

Aidyn Krikorian 6 months ago. I greatly appreciate your website, and I have a suggestion for sociology, a topic. Essay? Should we allow fasting or other religious acts in positivism schools? This topic facsinates me and I do hope you will consider it. I have chosen a topic to use for a paper from Essay this webpage and will be returning. Thank you, Aidyn. Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from ithaka poem United States.

Rose--You did not mention what aspect of culture you are writing about which makes it hard to help you. However, for example, if you are writing a paper arguing to people that only like modern music that classical music is worth listening to, you could start by talking about what you agree with about modern music and acknowledge why people of your generation might prefer to listen to it. Then you could explain why they would actually enjoy classical music if they gave it a try or explain how they could grow to appreciate that kind of music. I need help on my regerian Argument eassy on culture. I dont now how to start it, Does anyone knows how.thanks. Preston Heard 8 months ago. These are great topics for the upcoming research essays. I will definitely be using one of Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease them. Thank you for this resource!

Aaron Gibson 8 months ago. Excited for your class this semester! Matt Hartman 8 months ago. This article along with many of the other articles you have written will be very helpful this semester! I'm looking forward to your class! Virginia Kearney 11 months ago from United States. Look for Physics of Bowling, my articles about how to write argument or position essays for lots of ideas on how to Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, introduce essays and find sources. Luckily, Google Scholar has lots of ithaka poem excellent peer-reviewed essays that are good sources, but you can also find many good sources that come from government, Universities or published journals that post online (look for Essay about Aging, .gov, .edu or a journal that also appears in print). One easy way to start your introduction is to tell a story about a student who is generally shy (or maybe bullied) but gets excited (and more included by others) when they are able to share about their own culture during a multiculturalism unit.

I am doing an Apa essay on should schools be required to teach multiculturalism any idea on how I should start my intro and what sources I should use? Virginia Kearney 11 months ago from United States. Bebe--You don't tell me whether your paper is monologue, a research paper or not, but I've written many articles on how to write different sorts of essays. You can use the search engine on HubPages to Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, find them, or look at the links that usually appear when you pull up one of my articles. Search Argument essays or How to Write a Position Essay or just type in VirginiaLynne. To start a paper on your topic, I think I would use a story in the introduction showing a miscommunication when people don't talk face to face. Hey . Can you please help me in my position paper . I dont how to start . My topic is cellphone,texts and advantages and disadvantages of direct, emails are not as good as talking face to face . It is from Essay yours sample :) thank you. I think that is video gaming good or bad is advantages and disadvantages of direct marketing, a great topic to Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular, choose. Of Direct? Virginia Kearney 18 months ago from United States. About And Cardiovascular? Yes Alsaifl, I think that What is ithaka poem, beauty? could be a topic. Essay Aging? You are right that your answer would be a definition claim.

Jumanah Alsaif 18 months ago. Is the topics What is ithaka poem, true beauty? (definition) a good topic for a position paper? I was thinking of Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease writing how the definition of beauty is different for each individual. Essays? Brittany Adams 14 2 years ago. Thank you so much for posting! This helps a lot with my writing! Tariq Ali Khan 2 years ago. Excellent work buddy!

Thank you so much ! Kristen Howe 2 years ago from Northeast Ohio. Great topics for a variety of essays for everyone who needs to be inspired. Voted up for useful! That Tom Hanks video is hilarious. These ideas are very thought-provoking and inspiring! Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Cindy A. So glad I was able to give you some good information! Unbelievable. You have helped me enormously.

Thank you so much. Thank you for these great topics. And Cardiovascular Disease? VJG 2 years ago from Texas. Monologue? This would be an interesting article for school students. They always seem to struggle for essay ideas. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Essay About And Cardiovascular? Hi Safa--Here are the main steps: 1. Choose a question you are going to advantages of direct marketing, write about. About Aging? Then think about what your answer to the question is going to be. Marketing? 2. Decide what you want your reader to Aging, think, do or believe after they read your essay. That is your thesis (the answer to your question). 3. Decide who you want to persuade to regulate, believe this (that is Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, your reader or audience).

Think about what that reader already knows and believes about your topic. And Disadvantages Marketing? That will help you develop your arguments. The reader should not be someone who already believes what you do. If they do, you aren't really arguing are you? 4. Think of at least 3 reasons why your reader should believe your thesis. Those reasons will be the about Aging and Cardiovascular main body part of your essay. 5. Monologue? Think of examples or evidence which supports each of those reasons. That is what you will use to support those three reasons. 6. About And Cardiovascular Disease? What objections will your reader have? Write those out and also your answers to those objections.

This will be a paragraph after your reasons. Definition Nursing? 7. For your conclusion think of what good will come if your reader believes you. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Hi katha- if you look at the bottom right blue box I have the about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease links to sample essays. These are student essays so they are published by my students under their own names here on a natural, hubpages. Maybe I should move these up on the page so you can find them more easily.

Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Samarah--Yes I think that vaccinating children is a very good topic. You can also narrow that to particular types of Aging Disease vaccinations that are new like the chickenpox vaccine or the positivism sociology HPV. Another possible argument on this topic is whether or not it is Essay and Cardiovascular Disease, true that vaccines are the main reason for ithaka poem, better health in people today than in the past. Aging And Cardiovascular Disease? Is the right to vaccinate children a good topic? Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. I think you can do something related to who may regulate a natural, obesity or how different types of food are good or bad for your health. Or you can talk about GMO foods or organic or locally grown produce.

Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. Xstatic--I love the fact that you do have a position on everything--I like to look at all sides of things and that is great as an instructor teaching positions, because I can play the Essay Disease devils advocate, but sometimes I do need to just nail down my own point of cymbeline view! Jim Higgins 5 years ago from Aging and Cardiovascular Eugene, Oregon. A great how to for position papers. I have not written one for years, though I have a position on almost everything. Who May Monopoly?? Useful Hub and well done as usual. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and about, respective owners. Other product and ithaka poem, company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.

HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and Essay about and Cardiovascular, advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and autonomy definition, respective owners.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Cardiovascular Disease - Disease and Mortality in…

Nov 11, 2017 Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, order essay services & assignment papers online -

Cardiovascular Disease Essay - 451 Words | Cram

Free Essays on Deadly Unna Racism. “ Deadly Unna ?” Commentary. Pages 226-228 The passage of writing being deconstructed is taken from Phillip Gwynne’s novel, “ Deadly Unna ?”, pages 226 to about Aging and Cardiovascular, 228, beginning with “The cemetery was surrounded by an old iron fence. ” concluding with “ ‘Average,’ said. Book Review on ‘ Deadly Unna ?’ by Phillip Gwynne - Review By Denbeigh - Age 14, TAS ' Deadly Unna ?' By Phillip Gwynne ‘ Deadly Unna ?’ was the first novel of the famous Australian author, Phillip Gwynne, published in 1998. The fascinating drama novel expresses the inter-racial friendship between two. Deadly Unna is a great novel, which explores the different themes and problems which Aboriginals face today. Author Phillip Gwynne has managed to talk about the racial feelings of Aboriginals and ithaka poem, Australians through the characters. It explores the themes of racism , identity and determination and many. DEADLY UNNA ? 1. Describe the impression you form of Gary Black (Blacky) in the first 4 to 5 chapters of the novel.

I get the impression that Blacky has a shy, quiet personality and tends to keep his thoughts to himself. He seems curious because he asks a lot of Essay about questions and also anxious because he. Deadly Unna ? Assignment 22/8/2013 Prejudice. What is it? According to definition, the Oxford dictionary it means 'preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience'. This could be said to be as racism . But what demonstrates how prejudice was big in the book ' Deadly Unna ?' By Phillip Gwynne. to marry Desdemona because he knew that he was unlikely to Essay, get permission from Brabantio because of Othello’s Moorish heritage (Crawford, 1916 b). Racism was alive and well during Elizabethan period, so chances are so were interracial marriages.

The relationship between Desdemona and Othello became a. ? Deadly Unna Essay by Dominic Mccrossen (703 Words) In Australia there is much controversy surrounding racism between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Australians. Phillip Gwynne’s novel Deadly Unna is an example of the relationships between the two cultures. Deadly Unna is based on a 14-year-old character. The End of All Time as We Know It. Module 1: Representing Australia Deadly Unna ? By Phillip Gwynne (1998) Chapter 1: 1. Regulate. p.2. “He’s [Carol, the first ruck] about the same size as a what silo.” How does this simile create uniquely Australian imagery? 2. Disease. p. 5. When Blacky describes how the “Nungas” (the Aboriginal players) “infuriate”. Poll Finds Unease in New York Over Racial Divide after Garner Case. in a bid to ensure that the racial divide is addressed. Population The African American community has long been fighting racism which is cymbeline, traced to many years back. This racism has trickled down to misconceptions on Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, crime especially on the people of color. The evidence of white supremacy seems to be.

Basel Bob as a Smybol and a Character in the Tempest Tales. statue of a naked woman lying on her back.” (96 The Tempest Tales) This table is a showing of ithaka poem one of the seven deadly sins, lust. Basel Bob shows or is in the company of all seven of the Essay deadly sins at some point in the novel. Lust is shown often in his table and of direct, the women that surround him. He envies. History of Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease Racism: Before Black People Were Free. everyone no matter who they are.

This country is plagued by a few things though, one of them being racism . Racist people are everywhere, from schools to offices, from the streets to grocery stores. Racism is not a good thing and definition nursing, is the reason I am writing this report. On the last day of school. Deadly Unna? by Phillip Gwynne: Book Analysis. The book Deadly Unna ? is a novel written by Philip Gwynne, and uses the first person narrative view to good effect. The book looks at the uneasy friendship of the sardonically white boy, whose name is Blacky, and his aboriginal Nunga friend Dumby Red, and Essay about, precisely explores the who may regulate monopoly? idea that there are. Racism and its Effects Racism is more complex than just black and white.

It is more than just two people from different races discriminating against each other because of the shade of Essay about their skin. It involves the stereotypical views of cymbeline monologue someone’s culture based on what people hear and say. Racism is. … Racism during the Elizabethan Era… What types of about Aging Disease racism were there during the Elizabethan era? In society, the cymbeline monologue issue of Aging and Cardiovascular racism can be very destructive.

It disempowers people by devaluing their identity. It destroys community cohesion and creates divisions in society. It is the opposite of the. The Holocaust and Its Effects Today. will explore in this paper is the Physics Essays effects that the Holocaust had on its survivors, family members and Essay Disease, how it still affects us today. There is still racism in our country and cymbeline, the Holocaust caused lasting images in the minds of the survivor of just how cruel people can be.

Also, we will explore the idea. ?The novel, Deadly Unna , written by Aging, Phillip Gwynne tells the story of the multicultural bond between the Aboriginal up and and disadvantages marketing, coming football player Dumby Red and Essay Aging Disease, his loyal Australian mate Gary (Blacky) Black. There are many issues explored in the novel, such as family, domestic violence and above all. life currently. “The Evolution and Transformation of definition a White Racist: A Personal Narrative” By Michael D’Andrea is Aging and Cardiovascular, also another article that reflects racism , although in this case he was the racist. He describes how certain images and messages have affected him on a deeper personal level. He transformed.

? Racism In Today’s School Systems By: Robert Antwan Saunders Despite all of the talk and new trends in our schools today, racism and who may a natural monopoly?, prejudice against skin color still exists. We are not in a prejudice-free society now and probably never will be. The reasons for this has a lot to do with the. reallGary’s town is small and his community has lots of views and values about the aboriginal population. They are very critical and cruel when it comes to racism . The only relation the town has with the aboriginals of the Point is Aging and Cardiovascular, football, though the racial prejudice is cymbeline, still obvious. The town and the aborigines. Mental Errors or Human Instinct? In his blog, “ Deadly Mind Traps,” Jeff Wise uses examples performed by humans and defines them as mental errors. He states that “simple cognitive errors can have disastrous consequences- unless you know how to Essay about Disease, watch out for them.” The five scenarios he uses; The. The compassionate novel Deadly Unna ?, written by Phillip Gwynne, creates vivid characters and depicts race discourses experienced by Essays, Gary Black (also known as Blacky) in a fictitious South Australian coastal community.

The novel portrays a typical coastal town of the 1970s and is set mainly in the Port. Deadly Unna Essay Topics Essay topics – Deadly , Unna ? Select one of the following essay topic to Essay about Aging Disease, write an expository essay on. You will then need to use this theme when you write your comparative essay so make sure you choose carefully. Internal Conflict 1. How does Blacky resolve his internal. A Deck of autonomy definition Cards: Defining Racism in America Race and race relations have been aspects of American society since the colonial era. Essay Aging. With the exception of a handful of countries, no other nation has dealt with the advantages marketing struggles of Disease a multiracial society and has had to overcome the problems created in its. Deadly Unna: Is Australia a Racist Country?

Australia is Essays, a racist country. Is this an accurate statement about ‘ Deadly Unna ?’ Deadly Unna is a novel written by Phillip Gwynne. The novel showcases the effects that racism can have in a small community through the protagonist Gary ‘Blacky’ Black and how Blacky’s awareness of the racist attitudes. social issues that Phillip Gwynne raises in the text, ‘ Deadly Unna ’. Essay About Aging And Cardiovascular. Throughout the text, Phillip Gwynne explores the complex issue of racism towards indigenous people. Whilst this is an important issue, belonging is more so, as it covers both racism , and a host of autonomy nursing other issues in contemporary society. In the novel Deadly Unna ?, Phillip Gwynne uses the game of Australian Rules football (AFL) and his main character to Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, explore the Physics Essays discourse of racism in a small South Australian coastal community. And Cardiovascular Disease. Through Gary Black (Blacky), the positivism sociology narrator, the reader becomes aware of the town's racist ideology, its marginalisation. ? Deadly Unna ? Practice interview. Aging. Good morning listeners I am Andrew Denton and welcome to ithaka poem, listen and learn on Today FM.

Today we have a special guest from Model High school, Ms Lbarrow. Ms Lbarrow’s class has been reading the novel ‘ Deadly Unna ?’ by Phillip Gwynne . She is here with us today to. Certificate.ESSAY Deadly Unna Intro Deadly Unna is a book written by a person called Phillip Gwynne, and Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, the topic of this book is positivism sociology, mainly racism against aboriginals. In the book the racism from name calling and other things like racist comments on a wall (tagging).That is how racism can be displayed. Interactionists agree that racism is a social problem, they disagree on what causes this problem and Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular, how it operates in modern society. Of Bowling Essays. In this essay, compare and contrast what Functionalists, Conflict Theorists, and Symbolic Interactionists have to say about about Disease modern-day racism . According to each perspective. Phillip Gwyne’s novel, “ Deadly Unna ?” explores how the main character Gary Black, a white boy from the “Port” also known as “Blacky” grows up by positivism sociology, not agreeing to Aging and Cardiovascular, racism . Ithaka Poem. Blacky experiences prejudice and friendship from both the aboriginal and white communities. Blacky begins to develop a greater tolerance. Deadly Unna Deadly Unna ” tells a story about a teenage boy named Gary Black, who develops knowledge about racial prejudice in Aging his town. He develops this awareness because of an autonomy, aboriginal boy and girl.

The novel shows us what actions he takes to deal with his feelings about this racism such as, attending. Phillip Gwynne Raises Awareness of Social Issues in the Text. the Most Important of Which Is Racism. Do You Agree? raises awareness of social issues in the text. The most important of which is racism . Essay About Aging And Cardiovascular Disease. Do you agree? This essay will explore the major issues brought up in cymbeline monologue the book Deadly Unna ?, the most important of which being racism . Although this is true, Phillip Gwynne also brings up many other important issues. E It has been said with the about Aging and Cardiovascular novel ‘ Deadly Unna ’ by Phillip Gwynne that the definition nursing most significant event was the death of Dumby Red. There are also a number of Essay about Aging Disease other significant events. In the novel there is a lot of racism involved. Ithaka Poem. The main character Garry Black used to be a racist person, until he became. Racism and Poverty . Essay About Disease. Introduction The exceptional advancement and development that we have attained within the contemporaneous parameters of the societies within which we survive and interact is something that is reflected within virtually all existing platform.

It is quite apparent that the Legal. Racism in the form of cymbeline monologue Privilege and Advantage In What is Racism , the Aging and Cardiovascular Disease article explores how racial privilege and positivism sociology, advantage are both socially acceptable in American society. Racism in about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease America today is not exactly the racism that existed sixty years ago. Even though. in the award-winning book you wrote, Deadly Unna , you strongly delivered the message of taking up responsibility and being a ‘Man’. But what does it really take to positivism sociology, be a ‘man’? Philip: Deadly unna was one of my early books, it mainly reflected on Aging Disease, the heavy racism and prejudice in Australian society in. an instinct that kicks in when one is positivism sociology, faced with a deadly force. Capital punishment has deterred potential criminals and fewer prisoners in and Cardiovascular lockup saves taxpayers money. Autonomy Nursing. In most cases, innocent people are not executed nor has the argument of racism proved to be valid. The only Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, proof that we have that.

explore the historical experiences of positivism sociology black America and the contemporary experiences of black life in the urban North. Challenging white paternalism and racism , African-American artists and intellectuals rejected merely imitating the styles of Europeans and white Americans and instead celebrated black dignity. vampires stumble upon Essay about Disease, their game, and the leader immediately makes a move for and disadvantages Bella as a snack. The protective nature of Edward’s family creates a deadly game of cat and mouse between Bella and James, the vampire who is determined to drink Bella dry. Edward's family devises a plan to create a diversion. The novel Deadly Unna , by Phillip Gwynne, is about a young man called Gary Black from the Port. This novel is about the racism and stereotypes that are inherent in country South Australia. Deadly Unna was published in 1998 by Penguin Books.

Phillip Gwynne is a sibling to about Aging, eight and was raised in South. Defeating Racism When we speak of racism , immediately the 1970s to ithaka poem, the 1990s come to mind; the time of Nelson Mandela, the time when there was complete segregation between the “blacks” and the “whites”. If your skin tone was dark, you sat at the back of the bus and vice versa. Essay And Cardiovascular. Racism is not associated. “ Deadly , Unna ?” Many Australians love the game of football. As young kids we dream about the cymbeline glory of winning the grand final. About Disease. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter how much you won by or what players were on the field, all that matters is who may, that you won. But for Gary Black, winning the grand final.

wrong to hate another human because their skin color or culture is different from yours. Racism has many shapes and forms in which it is used against people. It can be directed against any race, color or ethnicity. Racism takes place all around us although we may no notice it sometimes, A lot of the time. CJ415 Final Exam 100% Correct Answers. was developed during the Middle Ages. less than lethal force deadly force weapons 2 points Question 25 In 1986, the and Cardiovascular Disease U.S. Supreme Court struck down the fleeing felon rule, which allowed police officers to use deadly force, i.e., to shoot to kill a suspect escaping from the scene of a. -Tommy Spain has had a long record of racism against many groups: blacks, foreigners, and religious minorities, to name a few. However where as racism against Physics of Bowling Essays these groups are in relative decline, one kind of racism still persists and Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, thrives in Spain. Monologue. Gypsy racism . Despite the gypsies’ long history of. Deadly Unna ? Is more than just a story about a teenager developing awareness of Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular racism , it’s the definition way he develops this awareness, because of an Disease, aboriginal boy and girl, Dumby Red and Clarence.

The novel shows us the actions he takes to deal with his feelings about this racism such as, attending Dumby. Racial Profiling in America. Essay. (“History” 1) In 1999, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) launched a nationwide campaign against racial profiling, entitled “Arrest the Racism : Racial Profiling in America.” This campaign included research, phone hotlines to report incidents, online complaint forms, advertising campaigns that. slavery was arguably the essential issue of antebellum life because it led the nation into two diverging directions that ultimately led to monologue, the most deadly war in American history” (2011, p. 27 – 28). Essay Aging And Cardiovascular Disease. After 4 years of battle the North emerged as the victor and set into of direct motion the Emancipation Proclamation. Racism Unit Essay Throughout history, there have been numerous times that people have committed crimes against people of colour. Seeing that people of colour don't match up with them, they assumed that people of Aging and Cardiovascular Disease colour were dirty, uneducated, and not equal to white people. Fortunately as time passes. to the position of lieutenant and Iago is deadly jealous.

Iago then begins an evil and cruel crusade against trying to destroy Othello. And Disadvantages Of Direct Marketing. Othello is still relevant in modern society because of all the important themes that this play refers to, including: racism , sexism, trust, relationships between men. Deadly Unna? By Phillip Gwynne - Racism, Discrimination and Essay Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, Stereotyping of Indigenous Australians. Deadly Unna ? By Phillip Gwynne is a novel based on ithaka poem, the fictional one year life of a fourteen year old boy named Gary 'Blacky' Black. The story shows a developing friendship between Gary, an Anglo-Saxon boy and Dumby Red, an Aboriginal boy. With this friendship Gary begins to understand his own morality. Year 9-4 N.REES ENGLISH DEADLY , UNNA ? Phillip Gwyne Do TWO of the following essay topics. Each essay must be developed in Essay about and Cardiovascular paragraphs and use textual evidence. Each should be 600 to 700 words in length. 1. ‘Phillip Gwyne’s Deadly Unna shows how sport can bring a divided community together.

Behind the Doors of Women in Prison. easily forgotten in corrections, where they are only advantages of direct marketing, 8.4 percent of 1.93 million prisoners. Few women get the death penalty many get damaging, even deadly , medical treatment. In the area of reproductive and breast cancers, prisons fail in prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, continuity of care. dimensions. Through imagery, Poe was able to make a statement about race in Essay Aging the nineteenth century. I feel Poe portrayed his underlying feelings of racism through the sociology narrator of the story by torturing the black cat, lynching this cat, and finding solace in a new cat, that isn’t entirely black. Essay About Disease. Starting.

reading away. How a person of such young age could have that much willpower and courage is hard for me to even fathom. Even though intolerance and racism still exist somewhat today, I am really thankful for the life I have. After reading the book I tried to put myself in the same situation and imagine. Racism , Colonialism and of Bowling, The Emergence of The Third World Racial discrimination has been a prevalent and about and Cardiovascular, sensitive issue throughout the world and is still a major problem that many face in today’s society. Racial Discrimination is positivism, when certain people treat a person or group of Essay people differently based. The story and its themes Deadly , Unna ? is one year in the life of ithaka poem fourteen year-old Gary ‘Blacky’ Black. Like most boys his age, he plays football, worries about what to Essay, say to girls, shirks responsibility and has problems at home. However, through his brief friendship with Dumby Red, one of the. The Cause Anf Effect of the Holocaust.

tried to fulfill his goals. Two of the most deadly machines he used to kill people were the gas chamber and the “ovens”. The gas chambers were basically rooms the Germans used to lock the Jews in and have vents of gas that filled these rooms with a deadly toxin. The “ovens” were a fiery pit for human. DEADLY UNNA (by Phillip Gwynne) CHAPTER SUMMARIES CHAPTERS 1 AND 2 In these chapters we’re introduced to the main character Gary Black (Blacky). He’s 14 years old and lives in the sea side town of Port. Who May Regulate A Natural. He plays Aussie Rules for the local team and they have made the Grand Final- a huge event for the. In the novel “ Deadly Unna ?” Garry Black (Blacky) confronts many problems, pressures and challenges, which are all resolved in Essay Disease some way. Definition Nursing. This allows Garry to grow into a more independent and resilient young man.

The first of about many issues, Garry Black comes across, is the football grand final. As Garry.

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online -
Global Health and Aging - World Health… pdf

Nov 11, 2017 Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease, order paper writing help 24/7 -

Free cardiovascular disease Essays and Papers -…

EASTERN ASSOC. COAL v. FED. MINE S. H. REV. COM'N. 813 F.2d 639 (1987) EASTERN ASSOCIATED COAL CORPORATION, Petitioner, v. Essay About And Cardiovascular. FEDERAL MINE SAFETY AND HEALTH REVIEW COMMISSION and cymbeline monologue Secretary of Labor, Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), on behalf of Robert A. Aging And Cardiovascular Disease. Ribel, and Robert A. Ribel, Respondents. Robert A. RIBEL, Petitioner, v. FEDERAL MINE SAFETY AND HEALTH REVIEW COMMISSION and Eastern Associated Coal Corporation, Respondents. United States Court of cymbeline Appeals, Fourth Circuit. https://leagle.com/images/logo.png. Argued November 10, 1986.

Decided March 9, 1987. Ronald S. Cusano (Anthony J. Polito; Corcoran, Hardesty, Whyte Polito, P.C.; Sally S. Rock, Associate General Counsel, Eastern Associated Coal Corp., Pittsburgh, Pa., on brief), for Eastern Associated Coal Corporation. Barbara Jo Fleischauer, Morgantown, W.Va., for Robert A. Ribel. Vicki Shteir-Dunn (George R. Salem, Deputy Associate Solicitor; Cynthia L. About Aging Disease. Attwood, Associate Sol.; Ann S. Rosenthal, Counsel, Appellate Litigation; Linda L. Leasure, Asst. Counsel, Arlington, Va., on brief), for Secretary of ithaka poem Labor. Before SPROUSE, ERVIN and CHAPMAN, Circuit Judges. CHAPMAN, Circuit Judge: Two factually separate issues are presented in this appeal and cross-appeal. On the first issue, we find that the decision of the Administrative Law Judge, affirmed by the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission, that the Eastern Associated Coal Corporation had discharged its employee Robert A. Ribel for discriminatory reasons is supported by substantial evidence. On the second issue, which is Appellant Ribel's claim for reimbursement of attorney's fees and costs to recompense his private attorney, we hold that the claimant is not entitled to attorney's fees and costs where the action was brought by the. Secretary of Labor.

We affirm in about Disease, part, and reverse in part. The Eastern Associated Coal Corporation (Eastern) owns and operates the Federal No. 2 Mine, which is an definition underground bituminous coal mine located near Fairview, West Virginia. Eastern employs the longwall method of about and Cardiovascular mining, which involves the extraction of coal from who may a natural a coal face approximately four or five-hundred feet in length by Essay about and Cardiovascular the operation of a large mechanical cutting device known as a shearer. The shearer is capable of cutting while moving in both directions along the coal face; this practice is called double cutting. Appellant Ribel, along with one Wells and one Kanosky, was employed as a chocksetter on the midnight shift at the Seven-Right long wall section at Physics Essays the Federal No. 2 Mine. Aging And Cardiovascular. 1 In May of 1983, Ribel, Wells and Kanosky complained to management at Eastern about the increased coal dust to Physics of Bowling which they were exposed while double cutting. As a result of the chocksetters' complaint, Eastern discontinued the practice of double cutting on the Seven-Right section during the midnight shift.

After double cutting had been discontinued, on May 18, 1983, Hawkins, the midnight shift foreman, met with Ribel, Wells, and Aging Disease Kanosky. The foreman in essence informed the miners that, if they would resume double cutting, they would continue to cymbeline enjoy their overtime privileges and Essay favorable job assignments. The foreman told the miners that if they failed to resume double cutting, these privileges would end. The miners filed a discrimination complaint with the marketing Mine Safety and Health Administration on Essay Aging June 1, 1983. Essays. They alleged that Eastern had been discriminating against them because of their refusal to engage in double cutting. Essay About Aging. The Administrative Law Judge ruled that Eastern did not violate the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of of Bowling 1977, 30 U.S.C. § 801 et seq. On August 5, 1983, a meeting with several miners, including Ribel, Kanosky, and Wells, along with the foreman Hawkins, was called by the longwall coordinator at the mine, Michael Toth. About Aging And Cardiovascular. Toth testified that he assembled the autonomy definition crewmen in order to resolve certain complaints as to fire safety precautions and to discuss with the crew the numerous problems that Eastern had been experiencing with the mine telephone system, by which members of the crew could communicate with each other along the longwall face.

During the meeting, Toth asked Hawkins to select two members of the crew to Essay Aging perform a pre-shift examination of the telephones so that the longwall section would be ready for work when the meeting was concluded. Hawkins selected a mechanic Toothman and cymbeline monologue appellant Ribel. About Aging Disease. Ribel testified that he walked along the longwall face and checked each of the autonomy nursing telephones, which were spaced at intervals along the longwall face, by calling back to Disease Toothman, who remained at the headgate. Ribel testified that after checking the telephones he remained at the far end of the longwall face, the tailgate, in order to perform another task which he had been assigned. After Ribel's departure from the meeting, Toth discussed with the remainder of the crew the complaints that had been made by the crew against Hawkins. At that time, Wells began laughing. Toth then said to Wells that all of this petty stuff that has been going out to the Safety Department, every day, . is going to stop, or you will be next.

Shortly after this exchange, Toth left the meeting and proceeded to the headgate area. He was informed by and disadvantages of direct marketing Toothman that phones No. 52 and No. 89 were reported by Ribel not to be working properly. Toth checked the two phones and found that they were in Disease, working order. Toth then instructed Toothman to assist him in re-checking all telephones. It was during this second check that the positivism wire inside the No.

32 telephone was found severed. Toth immediately. discussed the matter with Ribel and Toothman. Toth charged Ribel with sabotage and suspended him with intent to discharge. Toth based his suspension on his belief that Ribel was the only man who could have sabotaged the phone, as he was the only worker who had been alone along the face of the Aging and Cardiovascular Disease mine at this time. On December 5, 1983 the Secretary of Labor (Secretary) filed a complaint of definition discrimination on behalf of Ribel against Eastern with the Mine Safety and Health Commission. The complaint alleged that Eastern had illegally discharged Ribel in Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, retaliation for his prior discrimination and safety complaints, in violation of § 105(c) of the Mine Act, 30 U.S.C. Autonomy Definition Nursing. § 815(c). The Commission referred the case to an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), who found that Eastern violated § 105(c). The ALJ determined that Ribel had engaged in protected activity when he made safety complaints and filed a discrimination complaint with respect to double cutting. Essay And Cardiovascular. The ALJ found that Ribel's discharge was motivated at least in part by monopoly? these protected activities.

The ALJ, moreover, held that Eastern failed to establish that Ribel had in fact damaged the company's telephone. The Commission upheld the about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease ALJ's determination that Toth had seized upon the incidents of sabotage to the telephone as a pretext for his discharge. Ribel retained private counsel sometime before his complaint was acted on by the Secretary. The ALJ rejected Ribel's request for attorney's fees for his private attorney on the grounds that the statute did not expressly provide for such an award where the prosecuting party is the Secretary. Of Direct. The Commission reversed the Aging and Cardiovascular Disease ALJ's decision, and who may a natural granted Ribel an award of attorney's fees and costs, stating that private counsel may receive a fee award where such counsel's efforts are nonduplicative of the Secretary's efforts and . private counsel has contributed substantially to the success of the litigation, borrowing the principle enunciated in Donnell v. About Aging And Cardiovascular Disease. United States, 682 F.2d 240 (D.C.Cir.1982), cert. denied, 459 U.S. 1204, 103 S.Ct.

1190, 75 L.Ed.2d 436 (1983). Section 105(c)(1) of the who may a natural Mine Safety and Health Act prohibits the discrimination against any miner who has filed or made a complaint under that Act, including a complaint notifying the employer of an alleged danger or a safety or health violation in a mine. It is Essay about and Cardiovascular well settled that to establish a prima facie case of discrimination under § 105(c) of the Act, the complaining miner bears the burden of proving that (1) he engaged in protected activity and (2) the adverse action complained of was motivated in any part by said activity. The mine operator may rebut the prima facie case by showing that the miner was not engaged in Physics Essays, protected activity or that the adverse action was not motivated in Essay, any part by the protected activity. Autonomy. If an operator is unable to rebut a prima facie case of discrimination, it may nevertheless prove an affirmative defense by showing that (1) the discharge was also motivated by the miner's unprotected activity and (2) it would have taken the adverse action in any event for the unprotected activities alone. This affirmative defense, termed the Pasula-Robinette test, must be shown by a preponderance of the evidence. Secretary on behalf of Pasula v. Consolidation Coal Company, 2 FMSHRC 2786, 2 BNA MSHC 1001 (Oct. 1980), rev'd on other grounds, sub nom. Consolidation Coal Co. v. Marshall, 663 F.2d 1211 (3rd Cir.1981); Secretary on behalf of Robinette v. United Castle Coal Company, 3 FMSHRC 802, 2 BNA MSHC 1213 (April 1981). In this review, the Commission's findings of fact, if supported by about Aging and Cardiovascular Disease substantial evidence on who may monopoly? the record considered as a whole, are conclusive.

We find that the facts determined by Essay and Cardiovascular Disease the ALJ are supported by substantial evidence. The management at Eastern, including Toth, had been aware of the numerous health and safety complaints made by Ribel and his fellow crew members. In addition, it seems clear that both Hawkins and Toth desired the crew to resume double. cutting in order to increase productivity. The ALJ found that Toth and of Bowling Essays Hawkins, apparently frustrated by the miners' refusal to resume double cutting, became hostile toward Ribel, which hostility was demonstrated in Essay about and Cardiovascular Disease, part by Toth's statement to Wells at the meeting held in August that Wells would be next. The ALJ found that Toth's statement to Wells constituted a threat. These facts permit the reasonable inference that Ribel's discharge was motivated at least in part by a discriminatory animus on the part of Toth, Eastern's longwall coordinator. Eastern has argued that the ALJ employed an incorrect legal standard in ithaka poem, rejecting Eastern's affirmative defense. The ALJ held that Eastern had failed to establish that Ribel had in fact been the individual who had committed the sabotage of No. 32 telephone. Essay. Eastern asserts that the issue of whether Ribel was in fact the regulate a natural individual who performed the act of sabotage is Essay about Aging irrelevant: Toth's good faith belief that Ribel was the guilty individual is sufficient to overcome the discrimination claim.

In other words, the discharge of Ribel may have been in error, but it was not discriminatory, and thus did not give rise to liability under § 105(c) of the Act. We do not find it necessary to reach this issue. Physics Essays. The ALJ specifically found that Toth had seized upon the incident of sabotage to Essay No. 32 telephone as a convenient reason to fire Ribel. This is a finding that Toth used the sabotage incident as a pretext, and he lacked a good faith or benign reason for discharging Ribel under this finding.

Toth had a single cause for firing Ribel, discriminatory retaliation for Ribel's health and safety complaints. Eastern's argument that Toth's good faith belief should serve to positivism sociology exculpate it from liability regardless of whether Ribel had in Aging Disease, fact committed the act of sabotage is inapposite: It assumes that there was a mixed motivation for the discharge of Ribel, which mixed motivation was not found by the ALJ. We affirm the findings of the Commission, because they are supported by substantial evidence. Section 105(c) of the Act contains three subsections. Who May Regulate A Natural. Subsection (1) establishes the right of the employee to be free from a retaliatory discharge or discrimination. Subsection (2) establishes the employee's right to file a complaint with the Secretary of Labor, and requires the Secretary to Aging Disease investigate the complaint and to file a complaint with the and disadvantages Commission if the Secretary finds that § 105 has in fact been violated. Subsection (3) establishes the right of the employee to bring a claim on his own behalf if the Secretary has determined that, after investigation, no § 105(c) violation has occurred.

Thus, even where the Secretary upon investigation has failed to Aging and Cardiovascular Disease find a violation, the miner has a right to bring an action on his own behalf under § 105(c)(3). This last subsection provides that a miner suing on his own behalf is entitled to an award of of Bowling Essays all costs and expenses, including attorney's fees. This case has been brought under § 105(c)(2); i.e., the Aging Disease Secretary has been the prosecuting party, suing on the complainant's behalf. The complainant has, throughout these proceedings and in Essays, a related state claim, chosen to Essay Aging Disease retain private counsel. The Commission awarded Ribel limited fees and costs, finding that Ribel had the right to such fees and costs only to the extent that his private counsel's efforts were nonduplicative of the Secretary's efforts, and positivism sociology contributed substantially to the success of the litigation. Ribel appeals to this court seeking full recovery of his attorney's fees and Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular costs.

The Supreme Court addressed the general issue of awarding attorney's fees in who may regulate a natural, the case of Alyeska Pipeline Service Company v. Wilderness Society, 421 U.S. 240, 95 S.Ct. 1612, 44 L.Ed.2d 141 (1975). This case affirmed the American Rule that attorney's fees are not ordinarily recoverable by the prevailing party in federal litigation in the absence of statutory authorization. The court noted that Congress has not extended any roving authority to the Judiciary to allow counsel fees as costs or otherwise whenever the court might deem them warranted. What Congress has. done, however, while fully recognizing and accepting the general rule, is to make specific and explicit provisions for the allowance of attorneys' fees under selected statutes granting or protecting various federal rights.

Id. at 260, 95 S.Ct. at 1623 (footnote omitted). It is not the function of the judiciary to create entitlements in Aging and Cardiovascular, the absence of statutory authorization. Aware of this principle, Ribel argues that this court should construe § 105(c)(3), which grants the right to recover attorney's fees and costs, as impliedly granting the and disadvantages same right to Essay about Aging and Cardiovascular litigants who retain private counsel in § 105(c)(2) actions brought by the Secretary. We reject this argument for two reasons. Physics. First, from the clear language of the statute, Congress included the right to recover fees and costs solely within subsection (3). Had Congress intended to entitle litigants to Essay about Disease the recovery of autonomy nursing such fees and costs under any § 105(c) litigation, it could easily have provided the more general right. That Congress limited this right to § 105(c)(3) actions seems beyond dispute. Second, it seems very reasonable that Congress intended for the statute to be construed to limit the right to recover attorney's fees and costs to (c)(3) actions.

In subsection (c)(2) actions, the Secretary is the Essay Aging Disease prosecuting party, suing on who may regulate a natural monopoly? behalf of the complainant. Subsection (c)(3) provides the complainant with the ability to bring his own claim where the about Aging and Cardiovascular Secretary has declined to do so. It makes good sense that Congress would authorize the award of fees and costs where the Physics of Bowling complainant had brought the action on his own behalf, and would refuse to authorize such an award where the Secretary served as the representative of the about and Cardiovascular complainant without expense to the complainant. We thus reverse the Commission's determination that Ribel was entitled to ithaka poem a limited award of attorney's fees and costs. We find that an Aging Disease action brought by the Secretary under § 105(c)(2) of the Mine Act does not authorize any such award. AFFIRMED IN PART, REVERSED IN PART. 1. Chocks, also known as shields, are hydraulic devices used as roof supports during the longwall mining process. Chocks are advanced in the direction of mining by individuals performing the ithaka poem duties of chocksetters. Listed below are the cases that are cited in this Featured Case. Click the citation to see the full text of the cited case. Citations are also linked in the body of the about and Cardiovascular Disease Featured Case.

Listed below are those cases in which this Featured Case is cited. Click on sociology the case name to see the full text of the Essay and Cardiovascular Disease citing case.