Date: 5.29.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 2748
Oac.essayninja.info #Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay

Order Custom Essay Online - Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay

Nov/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Buy Essays Cheap -
What is Cultural Heritage? (article) | Khan…

Nov 11, 2017 Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, buy an essay online for cheap 24/7 -

History of Spanish Dance - Spanish Culture -…

Are regular drivers' insurance premiums subsidizing luxury cars? Published Friday, August 11, 2017 6:58PM PDT. It seems that more modest vehicles are subsidizing the cost of insuring luxury cars in B.C.—something the new NDP government is calling a “priority” to change as part of a review of the Dance the Culture public auto insurer. Fender-benders on Lamborghinis or Ferraris can cost more than a typical middle-class car, but the premiums charged by ICBC can be comparatively less expensive, according to figures provided to in the, CTV News by ICBC. That’s despite a push to increase premiums for cars worth over $150,000 last year by the BC Liberals--and it’s one that will be scrutinized as the new government tries to as the Essay, get ICBC costs under control. “Part of fairness means that if you’re driving a luxury automobile, you should be paying the costs necessary to have to ensure we’re not having to pay more to replace it if it’s damaged in an accident than is coming in the rates,” B.C.’s Attorney-General David Eby said. “Addressing this is a priority for us,” he said. There are more high-end luxury cars per Essay about Dynasty, capita in Metro Vancouver than in any other North American city, according to ICBC. Dance Way To The Culture Essay. And the antics of luxury car owners turn heads in Vancouver, with police often prosecuting young motorists for reckless driving, like a Ferrari clocked doing 210 kilometers an Essay The Double's Necessary, hour across the Lions Gate Bridge in Traditional Dance Essay, July. When these kinds of cars crash–like a Ferrari and Essay Dynasty a Lamborghini did in the Massey Tunnel in December, or a Lamborghini and as the the Culture a fire hydrant did in downtown Vancouver in May – it’s ICBC that has to foot the bill for the whopping costs to The Double's Necessary, fix them. Those costs can be enormous. ICBC figures show that one McLaren 650S cost ICBC $93,000 to repair and a 2011 Ferrari cost $88,481 to repair.

To fix one fender on one Ferrari was $6,000, compared to Traditional Dance as the Understand the Culture Essay, a Toyota Corolla, which would cost just $160. In November, the 12 angry cast former government claimed costs were so high, the Liberals were looking to Dance Way to the Culture Essay, privatize insurance for these vehicles. But despite the press conference and the promises by then-Transportation Minister Todd Stone, that never happened, an ICBC spokesperson confirmed. Instead, ICBC doubled premiums of those drivers of cars worth more than $150,000 – about 3,000 cars as of 2016. But ICBC couldn’t tell CTV News whether that was enough to cover costs.

According to an Ernst and Young report, the insurer is on Essay about Qin Dynasty, track to Dance Understand, lose some $1.1 billion by 2019, which would take a 30 per cent spike in insurance to fix. About. CTV News asked how much it would cost to insure this reporter on a variety of cars. A Honda Civic – a typical middle-class car valued at $16,000—would cost $1,751 to insure with a $300 deductible. Traditional Dance Way To The Culture Essay. Compare that to a 2015 Ferrari 458, with declared value $699,999. The premiums for Sex Education and Japan that car are higher, at $7,003, and so is the Traditional Dance as the Essay deductible, at $7,000. The premiums for the Ferrari are four times higher, even though the car is worth about 40 times more. History. The insurer is in a bind on Dance as the the Culture Essay, expensive cars because the cost of writing them off is so high – and so it’s often cheaper to engage in costly repairs, said Bruce Cran of the Consumer Association of Canada. That’s why it’s so important to set premiums according to actuarial tables, and not according to what may be popular in the province, he said. “If you’ve got a half-million dollar car you should be paying premiums that support the repairs for that vehicle,” he said. ICBC’s financial woes stem from higher crashes, higher payouts, and many crash victims turning to lawyers to secure payouts, which can increase settlement costs. Legal fees amounted to about 24 per cent of 12 angry, payout costs, according to the Ernst and Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay Young report.

The NDP government says it’s struck a team of senior officials from the history solicitor-general’s ministry, the transportation ministry, as well as experts in road safety and insurance to advise it the best way forward. “We have committed to British Columbains that we will not have a 30 per cent rate increase as has projected and that means serious changes for Dance Essay the corporation and we are moving ahead with that,” Eby said. Boy on bicycle struck during car chase. Massive blaze tears through metal shop near Olympic Village. Dirty business: B.C. political drama over dog poop on history, desk. 'Bat in the head': B.C. Traditional Understand Essay. man recalls Vegas shooting. Charges possible after large-scale puppy seizure. Vegas attack: Chilling new details on the shooter. 'She has her life ahead of her': Toddler thriving after dad's marrow transplant.

Aubrey Hirsch's parents are encouraging others to register to be marrow and stem cell donors. 1. 12-year-old on bike struck by SUV during civilian chase. Essay. Worker in cattle cruelty case given jail time, but able to work at Traditional Dance as the Understand the Culture Essay, other farm. NDP introduces bill that would give Greens party status. Surrey pastor facing 25 charges in series of sexual assaults. 12-year-old on bike struck by about Creation Anti-Hero SUV during civilian chase. Massive blaze damages Vancouver metal firm, prompts rescue of 11 dogs. 'He was fearless': Parents remember B.C. mechanic killed in mass shooting.

Seizure of 20 puppies highlights need for breeder laws: BC SPCA. Seizure of 40,000 fentanyl pills, 132 kg of cocaine leads to as the Understand Essay, charges. CTV News at Six Vancouver for Tuesday, October 3, 2017. Young boy injured in serious crash in Langley. Vegas attack: Chilling new details on the shooter. Shocking results from distracted driving blitz. Massive blaze tears through metal shop. U.S.. CTV director hits the stage with Nickelback.

Bill Clinton, Jean Chretien praise NAFTA during Montreal event. Probe into Way to the Culture Essay possible Trump-Russia collusion ongoing, senators say. Celine Dion to donate Vegas show proceeds to shooting victims' families. Gene therapy helps boys with 'Lorenzo's Oil' disease. Trudeau releases new mandate letters for shuffled ministers. Nobel Prize in men 1997, Chemistry honours technique for seeing molecules' details.

Slide in average home price in Traditional as the Way to Understand Essay, Toronto ends but sales down 35% Vancouver resorting to pressure from family, friends to deter distracted drivers. NHL preview: Major storylines to women, follow as 2017-18 season begins. Toronto seniors celebrate 70th annual school reunion. Las Vegas survivors speak out: 'It just went all to Dance as the Understand, hell' A look back at Tom Petty's life and career. Use of this Website assumes acceptance of Terms Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Culture in Greece and society today - Greeka com

Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay

Best Essay Writers Here -
Communication Tools for Understanding Cultural…

Nov 11, 2017 Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, pay for exclusive essay -

resume value monster The new career-industry racket. By Nick Corcodilos. First it was online job boards. All the jobs, all the rsums for all the people. Just go online and your job-hunting problems are solved.

Monster.com, CareerBuilder and HotJobs became the big career-industry rackets: They rack up huge revenues and Dance as the profits, while their success rates hover under 5%. Job hunters and Essay Qin Dynasty employers get fleeced daily, paying lots of cash for platinum-level services and higher rankings for your rsums and Understand the Culture jobs. Then it got better. TheLadders gave us Only $100k+ jobs. Only $100k+ candidates. And the only problem is history, that it's a lie. It's another racket designed to fleece job hunters and employers alike.

Now certain companies that sell rsum-writing services are using a new ploy to sucker job hunters: Free rsum critiques that lure you into the clutches of rsum mills. (You might find one of these offers in the ads to the right. Sorry, but as long as I rely on automated ads to help pay for this free advice you're reading, I can't filter the good ads from the bad ones. I'll do my job and Traditional as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay write good advice. You do your job and women be a smart consumer.) Before we get into the details, I'll repeat what I've said for years. Write your own rsum. Yes, it can be like having a baby -- painful but illuminating. And worth the effort. If you're going to get help, however, make sure you get good help. The Culture. There are many skilled, credible rsum writers who will treat you and your career with respect and care. You'll know them because they will spend a lot of time talking with you to assess what your talents and abilities are so they can best present them to the companies you want to work for.

But if a rsum writer relies only on forms that you fill out, think again. Are you paying to fill out forms, or for help interpreting your skills so you can be portrayed accurately on a piece of paper? The best rsum writers will talk with you extensively and coach you based on the particulars of your background and needs. They're not cheap -- but they're honest. When I first started headhunting I noticed a trend in the rsums I received. There were three kinds. Some were clumsy but honest. Some were well-written and thorough. But many were fancy and suspiciously similar. These latter ones were often printed on in the, the same paper. I could pick out certain of the professionally-written rsums with just a glance.

They featured the same action verbs, the Traditional Dance Way to same bullet lists, and the same layout. Essay About The Double's Creation Anti-Hero. They were full of boilerplate text and they went straight into Way to Understand the trash basket. Cookie-cutter rsums -- those written from templates -- surface on employer's desks every day. The pre-packaged words and phrases on such rsums are used most often by big, national rsum-writing firms -- mills that crank out rsums faster than you can apply for ten jobs online. Sometimes fronted by a nationally-recognized rsum-writing personality, these firms use a stable of poorly-paid writers to crank out custom rsums for their clients. You pay for the renowned skills of the personality who leads the firm, but you get the same snippets of cut-and-pasted verbiage that other clients get. Out they go with the trash. To you it's a clever, classy marketing document that makes you look good. Essay The Double's As A Necessary Anti-Hero. To the manager who receives hundreds or thousands of rsums each month, the Traditional as the Understand the Culture Essay ones written by these rsum mills read like pulp fiction. Beside the other rsums on Sex Education, the manager's desk, it's obvious they were all written from a template by the same firm. Your expensive custom rsum doesn't look so custom to the manager who gets more of the same.

Out it goes with the trash. Rsum mills exposed. The arrogance and audacity of Dance Understand Essay these rsum mills was bound to expose them. In The U.S. Essay. A clever marketing trick now reveals just how they operate. Certain rsum-writing firms promote their services with the oldest trick in Traditional Understand the Culture the book: Try us for Essay The Double's Creation Necessary Anti-Hero, free! But they put an added spin on this offer. Traditional Dance As The Understand. Let us review your current rsum. it might be costing you a great job!

They offer a free rsum critique. You send them your current rsum, they tear it to shreds, and they suggest you might want to have it re-written -- unless you want to reveal to in the crusades, employers how unworthy you are. Some of these reviews are downright insulting. Traditional As The Essay. They all play on your fears of inadequacy and Sex Education in the U.S. Essay failure. Free rsum critiques have become a marketing staple of the big mills.

It's how they snare nervous job hunters. But the question is, how could these firms possibly provide free reviews to everyone who sends in their rsum? If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. These firms use crib sheets. An Ask The Headhunter reader recently shared the crib sheet that one rsum mill apparently uses to Way to the Culture Essay, critique rsums sent in by unsuspecting prospects.

Yep, it's a template: Canned statements about rsums, organized by Essay about The Double's Creation as a, problem and Dance Way to Understand chock full of comments that can be used and re-used by. About Qin Dynasty. well, a roomful of monkeys that critique your rsum by copying and pasting pre-written comments into an e-mail. These are special monkeys that are very good at making you feel very nervous about the Traditional Way to the Culture quality of your rsum. The good news is, maybe that rsum you wrote isn't so bad after all. And, you're probably a lot smarter than a monkey. The crib sheet is re-printed below. Essay About Creation As A. It even includes sales-pitch scripts.

What rsum-writing firm is it from? That's a good question. And that's my challenge to Ask The Headhunter readers. Take the Rsum-Critique Challenge. I'm guessing that many of you have taken the Dance Way to Understand the Culture Essay rsum critique challenge from some of Essay Dynasty these rsum mills.

And you've received seemingly-personal, detailed critiques. My challenge to you is this: Read through the crib sheet below and then check the critique you were given. Do you find the same comments and phrases? If you do, please e-mail me the Traditional as the Essay entire critique with the common wording highlighted , and with the full e-mail source information intact . And let me know which rsum firm provided it. If enough readers share their critiques with common wording identified, then we'll know which rsum mill this crib sheet came from. By the way, my favorite critique on the crib sheet is this one: Resume is obviously a template…

You have chosen the Word resume template to use. This relegates your resume to looking like about 2 million other resumes. Unfortunately, hiring managers and breakfast recruiters can also spot a template a mile away and Dance as the Essay it reflects badly on the candidate. Does your rsum critique look like about two million other ones? Maybe it was written by a monkey from a template. If the firm that wrote and Essay Qin uses this crib sheet would like to own up to it and prove its copyright, I will remove it from this web site upon request. But of course, they will be admitting they've been scamming you by using a crib sheet to write a custom rsum review. Shame, shame. It was a clever marketing ploy until people figured it out.

Now, well, now these guys look like mud. And they pride themselves on custom writing! I continue to Traditional as the Way to, advise job hunters to do the hard work of and Japan writing their own rsums, just as I advise them to conduct their own job search without relying on headhunters. Nonetheless, some people will use headhunters and they will turn to as the Way to the Culture, professional rsum writers. To them I say, make sure you're using the best. You'll know them from their happy clients. Drop by to discuss this topic on the Ask The Headhunter Blog!

I know some very good, honest rsum writers. They spend considerable time to understand their clients and to revisionism, produce unique, accurate rsums. The best of Traditional Way to Understand the Culture Essay them border on being saints for men 1997 cast, the added coaching and advice they provide. Of course, quality ranges across a spectrum. Due diligence is Traditional as the Way to Essay, important, and I suggest checking a rsum writer's references. (Especially if you try to find a rsum writer from an ad, like the Sex Education in the U.S. and Japan Essay ones Google automatically posts on these web pages.

I make no endorsements.) What irks me is that like other legitimate businesses, rsum writers have to Traditional as the Way to Understand Essay, compete with monkeys-on-computers that conspire to turn the rsum business into cast a high-volume racket that profits from people's fears and thrives by selling what is largely a worthless, canned product. To those mills I have one thing to say: The sooner you are exposed and go out of business, the better. Summary / Profile Section. Resume is only one page… You have gotten some bad advice somewhere that a resume has to be kept to one page. That is an Traditional Way to old rule that went out with typewriters and paper resumes stored in filing cabinets. A one-page resume was something that was achievable when most people only had one or two employers in crusades their entire lifetimes. Way To. That's changed now.

Employers want to know more about your experience and track record so they can make an educated decision on in the, whether to proceed with you in Traditional Dance Way to Understand the Culture Essay the hiring process. By being skimpy in your information, you make them guess and Sex Education U.S. Essay they won't do that - they'll just move on to other resumes that provide a more complete picture of the candidates. You also reduce keyword optimization for the online databases. Computers don't care if it's one page! Resume developed several years ago…

You mentioned that the resume was originally developed several years ago. Understand The Culture Essay. A resume isn't like a Twinkie with an infinite shelf life. Men 1997. : The employment market changes rapidly. When you originally had the resume developed, the market was completely different than it is now. Employers and Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay recruiters now have different needs and revisionism technology has changed which impacts the hiring process. While a resume may have worked before, that does not mean it will work now in today's market. Resume has an Dance Understand Essay objective statement… Take out the objective. Objectives aren't used anymore because they don't speak to the needs of the employer but rather to your needs. That's a weak marketing message. Start with a good summary.

Summary/Profile doesn't stand alone or isn't strong… The summary is toby breakfast, pretty weak and ineffective - it lacks impact and does not establish a strong focus or interest. A test of a summary is to Traditional Dance as the Way to, take it completely out of the document and see if it stands by itself. If it communicates your record of in the achievement, your experience level, your value, your industry, and intimates what your immediate career goal is, then it is a good summary. Summaries shouldn't be wordy, overly descriptive passages but rather just what the name implies - a summary. On the other hand, a summary shouldn't be vague and full of soft-skills. Traditional Understand The Culture. The summary should give the reader the main points of information - experience, job title, industry, expertise, and (sometimes) education level. And Japan. Of all the sections of the resume, the summary is the most important because it gets read the most and sets the tone/focus for the rest of the document.

Summary/Profile section is Dance Way to the Culture Essay, too long and wordy… The summary section is overly wordy and bogged down in men 1997 cast description and information that are not needed to make an Dance as the Understand the Culture Essay introduction to the reader and establish the focus of the toby breakfast price resume. It gives the impression you are trying to cover all the possible bases but the result is something that is difficult to read and grasp in the short time a resume is read. Traditional As The Way To Understand Essay. A test of a summary is to take it completely out of the in the U.S. document and see if it stands by itself. Traditional Dance Understand The Culture. If it communicates your record of achievement, your experience level, your value, your industry, and intimates what your immediate career goal is, then it is a good summary. There are too many vague statements that EVERY candidate claims and Essay about Necessary Anti-Hero that are not unique to you. Summaries shouldn't be wordy, overly descriptive passages but rather just what the name implies - a summary.

It gives the as the Way to the Culture reader the main points of history revisionism information they seek - experience, job title, industry, expertise, and (sometimes) education level. Of all the Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture sections of the resume, the summary is the most important because it gets read the most and sets the tone/focus for the rest of the document. Resume doesn't have a summary/intro section at men 1997 all… The most valuable real estate in the resume - the Dance Way to the Culture first half of the first page - is in the and Japan, wasted on this resume by not having a great, hard-hitting summary that establishes the Traditional as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay focus of the resume and about gives a quick overview of what you have to Dance Understand Essay, offer. This section is the most-read section of the resume by hiring managers (it's the hook) and the opportunity is wasted by Essay about Qin Dynasty, not having a summary. A test of a summary is to Traditional Dance Essay, take it completely out of the document and 12 angry see if it stands by itself.

If it communicates your record of achievement, your value, your industry, and Traditional as the Way to the Culture intimates what your immediate career goal is, then it is a good summary. Resume has a highlights section at about Dynasty the top or in the top section… You have pulled your career highlights out into a separate section at the top. Instead of highlighting them, this actually weakens them because it takes them out of a frame of reference for the reader. The reader doesn't know where, when, or under what market conditions you achieved these things.

Are they ten years old? Are they recent? Are they all from one position? Move them back into Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture the experience chronology where they can appear with the jobs with which they are associated. Employers will probably skip them if you leave them where they are and go straight to the experience anyway so put the important facts in the experience section.

Think of it like a newspaper - if you pull the first sentence out of each news article and breakfast detach them from the headline and supporting information, it is confusing. You can't tell what the person is targeting from the summary… The summary does not adequately narrow the focus of Dance the Culture Essay your job search, something a resume needs to do from the revisionism very beginning at the top of the Traditional Dance the Culture first page. Your opening profile or summary should immediately set in the mind of the reader the in the crusades following: immediate target, level of experience, industry expertise, and value of your experience. Instead, your summary seems more like a shotgun blast - you are trying to Dance Essay, cover everything but as a result you don't come across as a valuable contributor toward anything. The cover letter is in the same file as the resume… First, take the toby price cover letter out Dance as the Understand Essay of the file and put it in about Qin Dynasty a separate file. Most employers read the cover letter AFTER the resume anyway so it's best to either copy/paste it in the body of the email to which you attach the resume or make it a separate file altogether. Resume is a functional format resume… The format you are using (called a functional or skills resume), is one that is LOATHED by Traditional Way to the Culture, executive recruiters and Essay about The Double's Creation as a Anti-Hero line management, for several reasons: (1) they have to read the entire thing before they can get a feel for you and I can guarantee they will not do this, (2) the reader is left to try and figure out when/where/how you did the things you have listed in the top section of your resume. Trust me, the reader will not do ANY work on your behalf, so it is not wise to leave it to Traditional Dance Way to Understand the Culture, them to try and in the crusades 'figure it out'.

More than likely, they will simply move to the next resume, and (3) when people use this format, it is a red flag to Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture, the reader that they usually are trying to hide something. We work with hundreds of hiring managers from all sorts of industries and almost to about Dynasty, a person they report they detest the functional format. Change the organization to a reverse chronological so it won't appear that you are trying to hide something (like a prison term). Education details come before the experience section… Don't lead the Traditional as the Way to resume with your education. Sex Education In The. You are not a new graduate and your education is not going to be your best selling point. For someone at your level of Dance Understand the Culture Essay career, employers will be more interested in your experience. Only someone who is newly graduated and only has education to offer should start the Essay Dynasty resume with the education section. Move the Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay education and 12 angry cast training to the end of the resume.

Resume puts all job titles with each employer in a list at the beginning… You've lumped all your positions with each company into a listing at the beginning of each job section. Traditional Dance Way To The Culture. This effectively negates the benefit you would gain from in the, showing career progression and increase in level if you treated each position separately. I realize that many of the positions had similar job descriptions but the accomplishments of Traditional Dance as the the Culture Essay each should be different. Break the jobs out separately and 12 angry handle them in reverse chronological order, making sure to Traditional Way to Understand the Culture, highlight what you accomplished in each position. Job descriptions are too thin or poorly written…

The job descriptions are too weak, bland, and Sex Education and Japan Essay unexciting. They don't give a clear, dynamic picture of the scope of your positions or career. The ideal job description briefly summarizes your duties in paragraph format and then uses bullets for Traditional Understand the Culture Essay, your accomplishments and results achieved to toby price, maximize their impact. Poor job descriptions don't paint a picture of the scope of your job and fail to create a good frame of reference for your achievements. A powerful resume has job descriptions that start out strong and sustain interest by emphasizing key skills and doing so in a brief, powerful way. Leave out low-level information and concentrate on the important, complex activities that provide broad scope to your experience and Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand Essay support your target. Don't be vague but rather try to get a lot of men 1997 cast impact in Dance Way to a short amount of space.

You want to communicate strong abilities, depth, and unique qualities - not sound like a job advertisement or something out of the HR manual. Job descriptions are much too long and toby price wordy… The job descriptions are too protracted and wordy for the most important information to stand out. It is not necessary to list everything you did in a position. You've used long, flowing sentences rather than tight, hard-hitting phrases. Concentrate on the important information and leave out low-level tasks and duties. Don't be vague but rather try to get a lot of impact in a short amount of space. You want to Traditional as the Essay, communicate strong abilities, depth, and unique qualities - not sound like a job advertisement.

The ideal job description BRIEFLY summarizes your most important duties in paragraph format and then uses bullets to draw attention to the accomplishments (or results statements) to maximize their impact. No achievements stand out or bulleted items are not achievements but just more job description… Almost the entire content is written as task-based information. Task-based means it tells what you did. Essay About. To be effective and create excitement, it needs to be results-based - what was achieved as a RESULT of what you did? Employers are looking for results. They want to know you have solved problems similar to Way to Understand the Culture Essay, theirs and men 1997 cast that you achieved the Dance results for which they are looking. What you have is just job description and it is going to be very similar to all the Sex Education in the and Japan Essay other qualified candidates. The ones who get the Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand Essay interviews will be those who show the results of their work. Show the reader what you have achieved! Resume is a sales person's or some other job where performance is women in the, judged on quantitative data but they don't have enough or any of it in the content…

I'm sure you know what a numbers-oriented field you are in and the accomplishments need to put more emphasis on specific, measurable highlights that reflect your ability to produce those numbers for your employer. Employers look for Dance as the Understand the Culture, potential in the quantitative evidence you show of your success so make sure you get that type of information in in the crusades the resume in a highlighted way. Resume goes back further than ten years in detail… There is too much work history detailed. Employers are generally interested only in the past 10-15 years experience because it is what is most relevant to the challenges they face today. Cut off or simply list employers/job titles/dates that are far back in time. If you are concerned about showing depth, there are ways to truncate your older experience while still showing you have good background from which to Traditional Dance Way to Understand, draw upon. Overall content is thin, short, or bland…

The content of the resume is women in the, too thin and weak. It does not generate interest or show how you are any different than the Dance Way to Understand Essay other candidates against whom you are competing. You have not provided good description of price your roles and responsibilities and your accomplishments are scanty and vague. Employers need to have a good idea of where you have been in your career, what roles you have held, what levels of Traditional as the Way to Essay responsibilities, and about some of the key challenges you have faced. If they have to guess or assume something, they won't do it - they will just go to the next resume that has more detail. They don't have time to Way to Understand the Culture, chase after maybe candidates.

They will only call the candidates who have the best qualifications on paper. Overall content is too long, wordy, or unfocused… The entire resume is overly descriptive and wordy. You have too much stuff or irrelevant information in it. It's a data dump - you weren't sure what to include and what to women in the crusades, delete so you just included everything. It appears that you are confused about your strategy and don't want to miss a job because you left out Traditional Dance the Culture Essay one little detail. Including all this irrelevant/redundant information actually weakens the resume. Find your focus and cut out what doesn't directly support that focus.

Cut out wordiness and The Double's Necessary over-description. Cut out redundancies. Put everything into Traditional Dance as the Understand Essay tight writing instead of narrative. Women In The. It's a novel instead of a resume. Employers won't read it because it takes too much time. They can't get a clear picture of your background without spending fifteen minutes reading it word-for-word. Resume content reads like a job advertisement or has no impact…

The language of the resume has poor impact, does not generate excitement, and does not position you as a leader in your area of Dance as the expertise. Toby Breakfast Price. It's average - not what you want when you are trying to sell your abilities and position yourself above the Dance as the the Culture Essay competition. It reads like every other resume and will not inspire most readers to make contact with you. Content is written in history revisionism full sentences with lots of description… Resumes are written in a technique called tight writing or essentially, verb phrases, where the subject is generally understood rather than voiced. Articles (the, a, an) are minimally used in tight writing and only the core message is voiced. You have long, flowing sentences that describe every action and Traditional as the Way to Understand motivation - information the employer simply is not interested in at this point in the process. Essay About Dynasty. Some information is irrelevant and some is redundant. You are trying to accomplish the interview with the resume and it just won't work. Employers don't have time to read all this. Resume includes information protected under fair hiring laws (DOB, marital status, race, etc.)…

Employers are very wary of anything on Traditional as the Essay, a resume that might later result in a lawsuit for hiring discrimination. Qin. It's safer for them to just reject the resume at the start if it intimates anything that reveals religions, gender, date of birth, marital status, children, etc. Traditional Understand The Culture. The benefit to your candidacy from this information is 12 angry men 1997 cast, minimal, too, so it's better to play it safe and take this out Dance as the Understand the Culture of the resume. Resume talks about hobbies or other irrelevant info… Keep personal interests, hobbies, etc. off your resume. This information adds nothing to your value as the best candidate to do the cast job. Employers aren't interested in your hobbies - they just want to know if you can bring value to their organization. Resume lists previous salaries…

Never, ever list your salary on your resume. Dance Way To Understand. You limit yourself by either underpricing or overpricing. In The Essay. You don't want the employer to make a judgment on your abilities based on your past price. Sometimes, people are underpaid and sometimes overpaid. Salary doesn't correlate to value.

Resume is from a foreign national applying to US companies within the US and it is in CV form rather than resume form… We don't use CVs in Dance Way to the Culture Essay the US but rather resumes. Resumes are very different than CVs and provide different information, different format, and use different, more aggressive language than a CV. The simple fact that you are using a CV to women in the, apply for US jobs shows you don't understand the US job market and that is a message you don't want to communicate to potential employers. You want to come across in your presentation as being as informed as any US citizen would be about the market, especially if the position you are targeting might involve hiring of other employees. Resume contains reference names and contact information… Never put references on a resume. Employers don't need this information at this stage of the game and you are putting private contact information into Traditional as the circulation that should not be in the public realm without caution due to Essay Qin Dynasty, increased risk of identity theft. Resume could benefit from having company descriptions included…

A brief description of each company where you have worked would help give the reader a better idea of Dance as the Understand your background. Company descriptions that include main product/service delivered, annual revenues, size, number of employees, markets, etc. help the reader get a clearer picture of the Creation as a Anti-Hero environments in which you have worked. The description doesn't have to be long. Something along the lines of Traditional Way to Understand the Culture Fortune 1000 company producing manufactured, durable goods for the North American market. Annual revenues in women excess of $500 million and 1400 employees. Resume includes reason for leaving for prior positions… There is absolutely no justification to Traditional Understand Essay, include your reasons for leaving a position on a resume or in a cover letter. Essay About The Double's As A Anti-Hero. The reason is Traditional Essay, irrelevant. Instead of concentrating on the past, you should be showing the women reader your potential. Resume contains mechanical errors…

There are NUMEROUS mechanical errors in Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand Essay the resume ranging from misspellings to about Qin Dynasty, capitalization problems to syntax issues. This gives a very bad impression, especially of someone at your level. Dance Way To The Culture Essay. Employers expect more attention to detail from higher salary, higher skilled candidates such as you. Hourly wage earners can get by with errors but you can't. Resume is 12 angry cast, ugly or has an outdated appearance… I would recommend a more professional design or look-and-feel to as the, the document to provide a more executive impression. A lot can be done with the formatting and design to improve first visual impressions while still maintaining a conservative appearance. Men 1997. You wouldn't go to an interview in a cheap suit so don't make your resume appear in one either.

This is Traditional as the, especially important for candidates targeting higher salaries (such as you are) because employers expect you to have a more pulled-together, slick presentation of yourself because they expect you to give a professional presentation to in the, customers, vendors, and others with whom you would be dealing at your target level. Visual impression is the first impression so make it good. Resume has no email address on it… You have forgotten to include your email address on your resume. Don't ever make an employer hunt down your email or phone number. Employers just don't have time. They'll just go on to the Traditional Way to Essay next resume instead. If you are going to leave off something, leave off the street address. 12 Angry. Employers don't need it to contact you and you preserve a little privacy on the Internet by as the Way to the Culture, eliminating it.

Job seeker uses his work email on the resume… Don't use your work email on the resume. That's bad form. It gives prospective employers the impression that you use company time and resources for personal things (and worst of all, your job search!) Resume is obviously a template… You have chosen the Word resume template to use. This relegates your resume to looking like about 2 million other resumes. Unfortunately, hiring managers and recruiters can also spot a template a mile away and it reflects badly on the candidate.

It's very important to make your resume memorable and even formatting can help. Another negative about using a template is that rather than fitting the format to toby, your experience and Traditional Dance Essay content, you have to history, fit your content to the format. The result of that is like trying to fit a size 10 foot into a size 7 shoe. It can be done but the result isn't pretty and it doesn't work very well. Resume is Dance Way to Understand the Culture Essay, written in paragraph form or has big paragraph-like sections of in the U.S. Essay more than 5-7 lines… The huge chunks of Traditional as the Way to text almost assure the reader won't read it. Essay About Qin Dynasty. A resume is read differently - the summary is read and then the Traditional the Culture rest of the 12 angry document is scanned quickly with job titles, bullet statements, and other highlighted material being read first. Total reading time is about 45 seconds. If a resume can't be read that quickly, it won't be read. Resume has long lists of bullets…

Long lists of bulleted items become moot. The purpose of bullets is to draw attention and they are usually best reserved for results and Traditional as the Understand Essay accomplishments. By using too many, using them to cast, begin every line, or using them to Dance as the the Culture, indicate beginnings of paragraphs you lose the initial intent of pulling the reader's eye to the content. Shorten bulleted lists to no more than five and use them only for crusades, results or accomplishments. Don't use bullets to simply mark beginnings of paragraphs or in Dance Essay long lists.

Resume is choppy or disorganized… The resume isn't formatted and revisionism organized to give the Way to reader what he/she seeks quickly. Your organization of the resume shows you don't understand how a resume is read. Essay About The Double's As A Necessary Anti-Hero. Resumes aren't read start to finish like a book. Traditional Dance Understand Essay. Instead, the Sex Education U.S. Essay summary is read and then the rest of the as the Way to the Culture document is scanned quickly with job titles, bullet statements, and about Creation Anti-Hero other highlighted material being read first. The primary interests of Traditional Dance Way to hiring managers come in the following order: summary, job titles, experience, bullets, education. Resume is written in passive voice or mixed between… You vacillate between active voice and passive voice throughout the document.

To be effective, a resume should be written in active voice. Harbingers of the passive voice are responsibilities included, responsible for, duties included or noun phrases tied with prepositions such as Quality member of or Representative of. In the active voice, the subject acts. In the passive voice, the subject is acted upon. The active voice is Essay about Dynasty, more natural, direct, vigorous and emphatic - traits you want your resume to have in tone. Resume is in first person… You have written the document in narrative language as if it were an autobiography or a letter. Dance Way To Essay. You use personal pronouns throughout (I, me, my, etc.) which is awkward and incorrect syntax. A resume must be written in a language that can be scanned quickly for meaning rather than as a book is written where the reader reads it from beginning to end.

A resume isn't read from beginning to end; most readers read the summary and then scan the rest quickly paying attention to information that is women in the, brought to the fore through formatting, arrangement and as the the Culture order. About. In the narrative format, the Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay reader can't do that so you kill the effectiveness of the content you have labored to detail. Take out history all those personal pronouns - there shouldn't be a single one in Understand the Culture the resume. Resume uses the same initial word too much… You have initial word redundancies throughout. Women In The. That means you have consecutive sentences or bullets starting with the same verb or word and/or you overuse some of the same verbs or beginning words of sentences. Change up your wording.

Redundant wording will put your reader to Way to the Culture Essay, sleep through sheer monotony. Considering your career situation and the types of jobs you are pursuing, your resume is definitely not marketing you in your best light. It doesn't pull its weight by convincing the reader of your qualifications, instead merely assuming the reader will work to find what is history revisionism, best about you - definitely NOT what you want. Right now you are not giving the reader the Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand Essay right information to make an educated decision about your abilities. The resume does little to convince the reader of your value or that you can make a difference. It primarily describes actions not results. You must generate excitement and interest in a resume but this document is not accomplishing that. The resume positions you for a lower level job and breakfast price lower salary than you desire. You are in a business/position where the numbers tell the tale.

Unfortunately, the resume does a poor job of getting your performance data across in a powerful way, concentrating instead on aspects of the job that are common to all candidates. Because of this, your resume does not stand out in the crowd nor does it position you powerfully against your competition in the market. Client wants a menu of services… We really don't have a menu of services because our job search tools are subjective for each client. They are customized and tailored, so each client can utilize what he/she needs. Some clients need interview coaching, for example, while others do not.

Typically, if a client needs assistance with job search, we will confer with him/her and outline some ideas. Again -- specific to the client's goals and criteria (some want a nationwide search, some want to only search in Dance Way to their backyard). History Revisionism. What you should know, however, is Dance as the Understand, that the services are priced at between $99 and $200. None are more than $200. Client needs convincing of our qualifications… Oh. you are asking me now to convince you to use our firm and not another resume service. I am a TERRIBLE sales person!! I'm a writer and analyst. My strength comes from knowing what you are up against and pointing it out to you, and of course, then seeing the success of our clients after they have their resume redone. The fact that about 50 organizations and associations retain us as their Resume Expert for their members also is an excellent indicator as to our quality and 12 angry expertise. I realize you are being diligent in researching firms before making a selection - and Dance as the Way to that's a good thing.

However, I would find it hard to believe that other firms (and I know nearly everyone in this industry) have credentials that match ours. We serve as the resume expert for about 50 different associations/organizations, including as you know, theladders.com, which only accepts a handful of U.S. and Japan firms to Traditional Understand Essay, work with their members. Sex Education In The U.S. And Japan. Also, we have our guarantee which many other firms do not, as they are not as confident in their product. If these items do not make you feel that we are the right firm for as the Understand the Culture, you, then perhaps we're not, as we like to team up with clients who feel comfortable working with us. Essay The Double's Necessary Anti-Hero. Resume writing is a partnership, and if you are not confident in the person's ability, it only makes the process of job search more stressful. Responses to Traditional the Culture, price objections… Clients who retain our firm see this as an investment in their career. Competition is so tough these days that people are savvy to the fact that they are first being judged on their paperwork (resume and cover letter). We're not for everyone, and Essay Qin Dynasty if you feel all right in risking a potential dream job, then yes, I guess you should make your decision based on price.

Unfortunately, we can't offer a discount. Our quotes are based on the complexity of the individual project. To discount, we'd have to cut corners somewhere in the process and we just don't cut corners. Traditional Way To Understand Essay. Our quality of 12 angry work is our hallmark and we won't sacrifice quality just to make a sale. General process responses… We send you the confirmation and the questionnaire together. Once you get that back to us, it's generally 3-5 business days for Dance as the Way to Essay, completion of the whole thing. We're pretty fast because we know you are waiting on us so you can get started on your job search. The samples on the website are just a general method of giving clients an opportunity to women in the, see our style and formatting, and that each clients' resume is different. Since we're published in about 30 career books, each sample would look different to Traditional Dance Essay, show a variety of formats.

I'm sorry. We can only provide one critique per client. Beyond that, and it gets into consulting and editing - services for which we charge. I'm sure you understand. Have you been scammed with a free resume critique? Does the critique you were given include verbatim phrases from the crib sheet above?

Then please e-mail me the entire critique with the common wording highlighted , and with the full e-mail source information intact . And let me know which resume firm provided it. Please tell us what you think of this article. The contents of this site are Copyright (c) 1995-2015 North Bridge Group LLC. All rights reserved. This material is for personal use only. Republication and redissemination, including posting to news groups, is history, expressly prohibited without prior written consent.

Ask The Headhunter, Fearless Job Hunting, the ATH logo and other ATH titles are trademarks or registered trademarks of North Bridge Group LLC and Nick A. Corcodilos.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
The Benefits of Traditional Dance by Mats Melin |…

Nov 11, 2017 Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, buy essay online at professional writing service -

URI professor talks about Japan’s Minamata chemical disaster and historic mercury treaty signed in as the Understand Essay October, 2013. KINGSTON, R.I. — Oct. 23, 2013 — University of Rhode Island professor Timothy George was 20 years old when he saw a photo that would change his life: a searing image of a Japanese woman bathing her deformed daughter, a victim of what would eventually be called Minamata disease. George, then a student at Stanford, felt a visceral reaction to the iconic photo and realized immediately that there was a “dark side” to price Japan’s high growth beginning in the 1950s. He would go on Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand, to become a scholar in Japanese culture and history – and a global expert on the Minamata environmental catastrophe that left thousands of people in southern Japan with brain damage, paralysis, convulsions and other ailments after eating fish contaminated with a mercury compound dumped in women in the crusades the water by a chemical company. The decades-long disaster made headlines again when representatives from 140 countries gathered earlier this month in Dance Understand the Culture Essay Minamata to sign a global agreement to reduce mercury in Qin the environment. Journalists throughout the world contacted George to talk about the disaster and the environmental significance of the treaty. In a question-and-answer session with URI, George, 58, of Wakefield, chair of the Department of History, discusses his book, Minamata: Pollution and the Struggle for Democracy in Postwar Japan, his new research about arsenic pollution in Traditional as the the Culture Japan, the historic mercury treaty, and global industrial pollution.

Tell us about your childhood. Were you inspired by any environmental causes as a boy? Yes, but the word we used then was “conservation.” I loved camping and hiking, and in high school and about Dynasty, college I read Thoreau, Aldo Leopold, Wallace Stegner, and Edward Abbey. I began taking photographs at the age of Dance as the nine, and have always been inspired by the great outdoor photographers such as Ansel Adams and Galen Rowell. When and why did you start researching the Minamata disaster? Why did you find it compelling – and in the, moving? I studied Minamata for my Harvard Ph.D. thesis. John Dower, the Pulitzer Prize-winning scholar of Way to Understand Essay Japan’s transwar history who had lived next door to me in Japan, read an article in the Asahi Shinbun about one of many Minamata-related court cases, and called me up to in the and Japan Essay suggest I choose Minamata for my thesis. Way To Understand. It was a challenge to toby deal with something so big and as the the Culture, so tragic, and Minamata was not a subject I could study inside archives. I once carried a paralyzed congenital Minamata disease victim on my back, and many of the people I interviewed cried while they shared their stories.

Those are not the sorts of things for which Ph.D. programs prepare you. What was your reaction seeing the in the U.S. and Japan iconic 1971 photo of Way to Understand the Culture Essay a Japanese woman bathing her deformed daughter in a tub? “Tomoko and Mother in the Bath” is the famous photo by W. Toby Breakfast. Eugene Smith, who had earlier perfected the Traditional Dance Way to the Culture Essay art of the photo essay at Life magazine. It really is one of the iconic photographs of the 20th century, along with such photos as Nick Ut’s picture of nine-year-old Kim Phuc running naked from a napalm attack on history revisionism, her village in Vietnam, or the photos of Traditional Understand “tank man” in Beijing the day after the Tiananmen massacre of 1989. I was and am struck, more than anything else, by the quiet dignity and strength of U.S. Essay Yoshiko Kamimura as she bathed her daughter Tomoko, who had been born blind and paralyzed with congenital Minamata disease. It is a brilliant and powerfully moving photograph, with masterful lighting and Traditional as the Understand the Culture, a pose echoing Michelangelo’s Pieta. I first saw the photo in the 1975 book Minamata, which Gene Smith and breakfast, his wife Aileen published after living in Minamata for several years. Let’s talk about details of the incident. What happened at the Chisso Chemical Plant in Minamata?

From 1932 to Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture 1968, the factory used mercury as a catalyst in the production of acetaldehyde, a chemical used to women make plastics. The mercury became organic methymercury in as the the Culture Essay the process and was discharged untreated into the sea with the factory’s wastewater. There it was concentrated in the food chain and consumed by people in this fishing and factory community when they ate fish and Dynasty, shellfish. When did people realize that they were being poisoned? What were their symptoms? The realization was gradual. First people noticed fish floating on the surface, crows falling into the sea, and cats — important in fishing communities to keep rats from destroying their nets — gyrating wildly and falling into Dance as the Way to the Culture the sea. In fact, one of the women crusades early names for the disease was “dancing cat disease.” It was first officially reported in 1956 when two young sisters were brought to the factory hospital with difficulties walking, talking, and eating.

All that was certain at first was that it was a disease of the central nervous system, and many of the earliest and most severely affected patients developed convulsions and died. How did the company respond? How did the government react? The company of course denied responsibility. Dr. Hosokawa, the head of the company hospital who had examined those young sisters and first reported the disease, carried out secret experiments in which he fed factory waste to cats. When his famous “cat #400” died of the Traditional Dance as the the Culture Essay disease and was autopsied, he reported his findings to factory management and breakfast, was ordered to stop his experiments and keep them secret. Traditional Dance Way To The Culture. The Ministry of Health and Welfare appointed a research team based at the prefectural university nearby, but in U.S. 1959 when the group was ready to issue a preliminary report implicating Chisso, it was disbanded and the report was quashed. The company concluded an agreement with patients that paid them sympathy money without admitting responsibility, and required them to promise never to demand more or sue, even if it was proven in the Culture the future that the company was the cause. Of course, Chisso already knew from Hosokawa’s secret cat experiments that it was the cause. 12 Angry Cast. Chisso also installed a pollution control device called a Cyclator, but did not announce that the Cyclator did not remove dissolved mercury from Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay its wastewater.

Still, these payments and the Cyclator convinced virtually everyone that the problem was solved by the end of Essay about as a Necessary Anti-Hero 1959. When did the company finally acknowledge responsibility? In 1968, Chisso stopped using mercury to Traditional Way to Understand produce acetaldehyde. Men 1997. Perhaps not coincidentally, later that same year the government finally announced its conclusion that mercury in factory waste caused the disease, both in Minamata and later in Niigata, north of Tokyo, where another factory using the Traditional Understand same process had polluted a major river and sickened many more people. That same year, Japan’s GDP passed West Germany’s to Sex Education in the and Japan become the third largest in the world behind the United States and the Soviet Union.

Most people felt economically secure, and Traditional Dance Understand Essay, began to think that Japan could afford to pay some of the costs of cleaning up its pollution. Still, Chisso continued to deny responsibility until patients finally filed suit against the company in 1969 and won their case in 1973, when they were awarded the largest judicial settlement in Japanese history up to toby breakfast price that time. What did Japan learn from the catastrophe? What did other countries learn? Are the world’s waters free of mercury because of Minamata?

In large part thanks to the movements by pollution victims and Traditional as the Way to Understand Essay, their nationwide networks of supporters, Japan in 1970 and 1971 quickly passed a series of strict pollution control laws and Essay about Anti-Hero, established an Environment Agency. Citizens invented a range of new strategies for protest, in particular the “one share movement” in which patients and supporters each purchased a share of Chisso stock and were then able to attend the Traditional Dance as the Understand Essay company’s 1970 shareholder’s meeting, where they confronted the revisionism company president on national television. So for Japanese, Minamata represents not only the Traditional Way to Understand dark side of high growth, but also the flowering of the citizens’ movement in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Unfortunately, mercury pollution from many sources has continued worldwide. One source that many of us in the Northeast have heard about is the burning of coal in power plants. Mercury in Essay about Qin the coal is released into the atmosphere and falls into rivers and lakes, which has led to health warnings and recommended consumption limits for fish in many places. The international treaty on Traditional Dance as the Understand Essay, mercury that was just signed in Japan, officially called the “Minamata Convention,” is 12 angry men 1997, intended to restrict, reduce, and where possible eliminate the use of Traditional Dance as the the Culture Essay mercury worldwide. Tell us about your new research about arsenic pollution in Japan. In Minamata I met a photographer, Jin Akutagawa, who had long been photographing and working on behalf of 12 angry cast victims of poisoning from an arsenic mine in Understand Essay the tiny mountain hamlet of Toroku in Miyazaki prefecture.

That arsenic poisoning became Japan’s fourth officially recognized pollution disease (Minamata disease having been the first). I went to Toroku in 2008 to begin my research, and this year published a chapter on Toroku’s environmental history from neolithic times to the present in a collection of essays by scholars of women in the Japan’s environment, Japan at Nature’s Edge. I spent the 2012-13 academic year on sabbatical in Japan on a Fulbright grant, affiliated at the Institute of Social Science at the University of Tokyo, doing further research on Toroku for a full-length book. The most fascinating things about the Toroku story have turned out to be the ways its environment has linked it to the wider world. The mine was first opened as a silver mine in the late 16th century, probably with the help of a mining engineer brought in from Portugal. The mine was reopened in the early 20th century, a global age of chemicals, as an arsenic mine.

One destination of Toroku’s arsenic was the United States, where before the invention of Traditional Understand the Culture Essay DDT arsenic was used in pesticides sprayed on cotton fields to combat boll weevils. Toroku’s arsenic was also in chemical weapons used by Essay the Japanese military in China in World War Two. The mine was closed in Traditional 1962, but it was not until after the Minamata movement that the Toroku victims were able to garner support and sue for redress. After a settlement imposed by cast the Supreme Court in 1990, the locally-based citizens’ group that had worked to support the victims transformed itself into an international NGO, the Asia Arsenic Network, which works mostly in Bangladesh. It turns out that many of the deep aquifers in Southeast Asia contain high levels of arsenic, washed down by the major rivers that originate in the Himalayas. Efforts in recent decades to drill deep wells to save people from drinking contaminated surface water unintentionally replaced one problem — bacteriological diseases — with another: arsenic poisoning. Never did I imagine that studying Japan’s environmental history would lead me to Traditional Understand Essay Bangladesh, which I visited this past February.

Both Minamata and Toroku illustrate one of the lessons of environmental history: there is no such thing as the history of just one little place. Every place is connected to every other. 12 Angry Men 1997 Cast. Minamata and Toroku also illustrate another theme of much recent environmental history: human bodies are part of the environment, and so what is in Dance as the Way to the environment, including the toby toxins we dump into it, ends up inside our bodies. When we poison the environment, we are poisoning ourselves. What happened to as the Way to Tomoko Kamimura, the girl in the 1971 photo who was horribly deformed by mercury? Born in 1956, the girl was poisoned in her mother’s womb, leaving her blind, deaf, and in the U.S. and Japan Essay, with useless legs. Tomoko Kamimura died in 1977 at as the Way to the Culture Essay the age of 21.

She never spoke, heard, or walked, but her image — and her presence at the many meetings and demonstrations to which her parents brought her — had a powerful impact on the movement and the world. She and the other congenital Minamata disease patients also sparked a reconsideration of what medical students had previously been taught about natural barriers in the body that supposedly kept toxins out of the brain and out of The Double's Creation as a Anti-Hero fetuses in pregnant women. Methylmercury, it turns out, is actually absorbed and concentrated in Traditional as the Way to Understand the Culture those very two places inside the human body. Tomoko’s mother called her “our treasure child,” because Tomoko had absorbed much of the mercury that otherwise would have poisoned her mother. BIO: Timothy George has taught at breakfast price URI since 1998. He did his undergraduate studies at Stanford and received his master’s degree from the University of Hawaii and his doctorate from Harvard. He taught at Harvard as a visiting professor in 2004-05. A chapter based on his Toroku research appears in Japan at Nature’s Edge: The Environmental Context of a Global Power (edited by Ian Miller, Julia Thomas, and Brett Walker, 2013).

He is also the author of Minamata: Pollution and the Struggle for Democracy in Postwar Japan (2001; a Chinese translation has just been published in 2013), coeditor with Christopher Gerteis of Japan since 1945: From Postwar to Post-bubble (2013), and coauthor with John Dower of Japanese History and Dance as the Understand, Culture from Ancient to Modern Time: Seven Basic Bibliographies (second edition, 1995). And Japan. He has also published a number of translations. Pictured above: Dr. Naoji Hagino; Dr. Hisashi Saito, author of Nigata Minamata Disease (co-translated by Timothy George); Timothy George, chair of the history department at Traditional Understand the Culture Essay the University of Rhode Island; Kazuo Imai and his wife, both patients; and Michelle Daigle, a doctoral student in anthropology at the University of Hawaii who is Qin, researching Minamata disease. Photo courtesy of Jane George.

Posted on October 23, 2013 June 6, 2016. University of as the Way to Essay Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA 1.401.874.1000. URI is an Essay about Creation Necessary, equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action.

Write my essay -
Free cultural identity Essays and Papers -…

Nov 11, 2017 Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, custom academic paper writing services -

alan brunton resume Member DGC UK working visa. LOVE JACKED LoveJacked Productions/Spier Films, Director: Alfons Adetuyi. THE SKYJACKER’S TALE Cave 7 Films, Director: Jamie Kastner. Dance As The Way To Understand Essay? THE SECRET DISCO REVOLUTION Cave 7 Films, Director: Jamie Kastner. Crusades? THE SHORTCUT Happy Madison, Minds Eye Entertainment, Indigo Motion Pictures, Leomax Entertainment / Exec Prod.

Adam Sandler, Kevin DeWalt Simon Edery / Prod. Scott Sandler / Dir. Dance As The Understand The Culture? Nicholaus Goossen. JULIE WALKING HOME ImX, The Film Works, Art OKO Film, Studio Film One / Dir: Agnieszka Holland. TART Green Moon Productions / Interlite / Exec Prod: Melanie Griffith, Antonio Banderas / Dir: Christina Wayne. Dynasty? DINNER AT FRED’S Paragon/Handmade Films / Exec Prod: J. Traditional Dance Way To The Culture Essay? Todd Harris / Prod: Jon Slan / Dir: ShawnThompson. DOG PARK Accent Entertainment/Lionsgate Films / Prod: Susan Cavan / Dir: Bruce McCulloch.

HOUSE Water Pictures/Alliance Releasing / Exec Prod: Colin Brunton / Prod: Karen Lee Hall / Dir: Laurie Lynd. MALICIOUS Keystone Films / Exec Prod: Michael Strange / Prod: Robert Vince, William Vince / Dir: Ian Corson. PARIS, FRANCE Alliance/Lightshow Productions / Prod: Eric Norlen,Jerry Ciccoritti / Dir: Jerry Ciccoritti. Essay About The Double's Creation Anti-Hero? HURT PENGUINS Cold Feet/Norstar Releasing / Prod./Dir: Myra Fried, Robert Bergman. Traditional The Culture? DEEP SLEEP Festival Films / Prod: Michael Lebowtiz / Dir: Patricia Gruben. Women In The Crusades? FOR LOVE HONOR Hallmark / Prod: David Anselmos; Dir: Laurie Lynd.

HELLO IT’S ME Hallmark / Whizbang / Exec. Traditional? Prod: Jon Eskenas; Dir: Mark Jean. History Revisionism? THE GOOD WITCH 10 x 1 hour for Traditional as the the Culture Hallmark / Whizbang / Prod: Jon Eskenas, Craig Pryce, Frank Siracusa, Andrea Raffaghello. THE GOOD WITCH’S WONDER Hallmark / Whizbang / Exec. In The? Prod: Jon Eskenas, Frank Siracusa, Andrea Raffaghello, Dir: Craig Pryce. THE GOOD WITCH’S DESTINY Hallmark / Whizbang / Exec. Prod: Jon Eskenas, Frank Siracusa, Manny Danelon, Dir: Craig Pryce. THE GOOD WITCH’S CHARM Hallmark / Whizbang / Exec.

Prod: Jon Eskenas, Frank Siracusa, Manny Danelon, Dir: Craig Pryce. As The Understand Essay? THE GOOD WITCH’ S FAMILY Hallmark / Whizbang / Exec. Prod: Jon Eskenas, Frank Siracusa, Prod: Thom Pretak, Dir: Craig Pryce. Women In The? MULRONEY: THE OPERA Rhombus Media / Prod: Jessica Daniel Dir: Larry Weinstein. DOUBLE WEDDING Lifetime / Dir: Craig Pryce. Dance Way To Understand Essay? TRUE CONFESSIONS OF A HOLLYWOOD STARLET Lifetime / Exec Prod: Barbara Lieberman and history Jon Maas / Prod: Mark Winemaker / Dir: Tim Matheson. Traditional The Culture? MORE OF ME Lifetime / Jaffee Braunstein Films / Exec. Toby Price? Prod: Andrea Simon / Dir: Daisy Mayer. Traditional Dance Way To Understand The Culture Essay? INTIMATE STRANGER Lifetime / Blueprint Pictures / Exec. About The Double's Creation Necessary Anti-Hero? Prod:Jim Head, Noreen Halpern, John Morayniss, Dir: Bert Kish. A GIRL LIKE ME:THE GWEN ARAUJO STORY Lifetime/Sony Pictures / Exec Prod: Zev Braun Philip Krupp, Dir:Agnieszka Holland.

HEYDAY Triptych Media/Pope Productions / Prod: Anna Stratton, Robin Cass, Paul Pope / Dir: Gordon Pinsent. (1945) * 2006 GEMINI NOMINATION FOR BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN * SIBS Sienna Films/CBC / Prod: Jenifer Kawaja, Julia Sereny / Dir: Laurie Lynd. Traditional As The Way To Understand The Culture Essay? WILD CARD 18 X 1 hour for revisionism Lifetime/Fireworks / Prod: Bernie Lechowick, Lynn Marie Latham. Traditional Dance As The Understand Essay? FAST FOOD HIGH CTV / Prod: Susan Cavan, Paul Brown / Dir: Nisha Ganatra. BLOBHEADS Decode/CBC / Prod: John Delmage. Toby Breakfast Price? (Contemporary, live action/animation) ZACK FILES Decode/Fox Family/YTV / Prod: John Delmage. Dance Understand The Culture? BREAKFAST WITH DICK DOROTHY PaxTV / Prod: Fred Silverman / Dir: Eleanor Lindo. Women In The? A TOUCH OF HOPE NBC / Prod: Ken Kaufman, Clara George/ Dir: Craig Baxley. Traditional Dance Way To? DEEP IN MY HEART The Konigsberg Co./CBS / Prod: Frank Konigsberg, Chris Sacani / Dir: Anita Addison. MILGAARD BarnaAlper/Alliance/CTV / Prod: Laszlo Barna / Dir: Stephen Williams. Toby Breakfast Price? PIT PONY Cochran Entertainment/CBC / Prod: Andrew Cochran, Dir: Eric Till. Traditional Dance Way To The Culture? (1900 / Coal-mines) *1998 GEMINI AWARD FOR BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN* THE NEW GHOST WRITER Children’s TV Workshop/CBS / Prod: John Delmage, Ned Kandel. GROUNDLING MARSH Portfolio Films/Disney / Prod: John Delmage; (Fantasy / Puppets) *1994 GOLD MEDAL PRODUCTION DESIGN, NEW YORK TELEVISION FESTIVAL. FLASH FORWARD Atlantis/Disney / Prod: Daphne Ballon, Jan Peter Meyboom.

THE LEGEND OF GATOR FACE Ministry of about The Double's Creation as a Necessary Anti-Hero, Film/Showtime / Prod: Patrick Whitley, Alan Mruvka, Marilyn Vance / Dir: Vic Sarin. FATAL VOWS Republic Pictures for CBS / Exec Prod: Karen Danaher-Dorr, T. Dance Understand The Culture Essay? Hill,D. Hill / Supervising Prod: Julian Marks/ Dir: John Powers. THAT SCATTERBRAIN BOOKY Atlantis Films / Prod: Larry Raskin, Dir: Peter Moss. Price? LETTER FROM FRANCIS Atlantis Films, Prod: Daphne Ballon /Dir: Jane Thompson. Dance As The Understand The Culture Essay? ROAD TO AVONLEA II 13 x 1 hour episodes for Sullivan Films/Disney/CBC / Prod: Trudy Grant, Kevin Sullivan. Essay About Qin Dynasty? SQUAMISH FIVE CBC / Prod: Bernard Zukerman, Dir: Paul Donovan. Dance Way To Essay? (1980’s) * 1989 GEMINI NOMINATION FOR BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN* AND THEN YOU DIE CBC / Prod: Bernard Zukerman/ Dir: Francis Mankiewicz. WAR BRIDES CBC / Prod: Bill Gough/ Dir: Martin Lavut; (Co-Designer with Barbara McLean ) (1940’s) *1981 BIJOUX AWARD FOR BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN* THE JEWS WHO WROTE CHRISTMAS Riddle Films/Prod: Jason Charters Liam Romalis Dir: Larry Weinstein. Cast? CITY LIFE FILMS (Home Away, Baby Half Lie, Fading, Cul de Sac) Temple Street Films/ Prod: Tara Woodbury. Traditional As The Understand The Culture? AN INSIGNIFICANT MAN, Checker Films/ Bravo / Prod: Melanie Windle / Dir/Prod: Shawn Alex Thompson.

DEVILS DELIGHT Rhombus Media/ Bravo / Prod: Larry Weinstein / Dir: David New. Toby Breakfast? THE EXIT Bravo / Prod: Danijel Margetic / Dir/Prod: E.Jane Thompson. BURNT TOAST Rhombus Media Marble Media / Prod:J.Daniel, M. Dance Way To The Culture Essay? Homburg / Dir: Larrry Weinstein. Men 1997? DIDO AND AENEAS Rhombus Media / Prod: Niv Fichman/ Dir: Barbara Willis Sweete with Mark Morris Company. Traditional Way To Understand The Culture Essay? SEPTEMBER SONGS: The Music of Kurt Weil Rhombus Media / Prod: Niv Fichman/ Dir: Larry Weinstein. History Revisionism? (Co-Designer Michael Levine) *1997 GEMINI AWARD FOR BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN* LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN Art Director Toronto Shoot, under Production Designer Francois Seguin / Dir: Paul McGuigan / Film Engine / Ascendant Pictures /Capitol Films.

TAKES THREE TO TANGO Sketch artist / Set Designer under PD David Nicholas / Warner Bros. Way To Understand The Culture? / Village Roadshow. Starring Neve Campbell. In The U.S. And Japan Essay? WHERE THE HEART IS First assistant Art Director under P.D. Carol Spier / Silver Screen / Touchstone / Diir: John Boorman, Starring Uma Thurman. Understand? RENEGADES First assistant Art Director under P.D. Carol Spier / Morgan Creek; Starring Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Philips. Essay About Creation As A Necessary Anti-Hero? MILLENIUM First Assistant Art Director under P.D. Gene Rudolph / Gladden Entertainment /Artisan Pictures / Dir. Michael Anderson. Traditional Way To? EXQUISITE VIBRATIONS Esprit Orchestra, Dir.

Alex Pauk (Design Consultant, in Sex Education in the collaboration with Edward Burtynsky and John Price) ARMSTRONG’S WAR (Canadian Rep Theatre, dir. Ken Gass) PACAMAMBO (Canadian Rep Theatre, dir. Traditional As The Understand Essay? Ken Gass) BETHUNE IMAGINED (Factory Theatre, dir.Ken Gass) FEATURING LORETTA (Factory Theatre, dir.Ken Gass) APPLE (Factory Theatre, dir. Ken Gass) THE LEISURE SOCIETY (Factory Theatre, dir. Ken Gass) DORA NOMINATION FOR OUTSTANDING SET DESIGN 2005. Women Crusades? AT LAST (Harbourfront Danceworks, chor. Heidi Strauss) AMAZON DREAM (Factory Theatre, dir.

Ken Gass) CLAUDIUS ( Factory Theatre, dir. Way To Understand? Ken Gass) MISTRESS OF THE INN (Masterclass/Tarragon,dir. Lazlo Marton) M.F.A. in Interdisciplinary Art, Media Design, OCADU, Toronto, Ontario. Essay About Qin Dynasty? B.F.A. in Traditional Dance Way to Essay Theatre, University of Regina; Dalhousie University, Halifax; Nova Scotia College of about Dynasty, Art and Dance Way to Understand Design; Nova Scotia Technical College; Faculty of history revisionism, Architecture; Banff School of Fine Arts – Stagecraft; OTHER: Studio Arts Central International, Florence, Italy -painting, drawing, art history, Italian. In addition to her film theatre work, Marian maintains a professional visual art practice. Traditional Way To? She has been been the recipient of 12 angry, both Canada Council and Ontario Arts Council awards, and Traditional Dance Way to the Culture was a finalist in Sex Education U.S. Essay the prestigious RBC Painting Competition (2001). Traditional Understand The Culture? Her most recent work involves immersive experiential installations and toby price she is also a painter, exhibiting regularly, with work in Dance the Culture Essay private, corporate and museum collections across Canada and in in the crusades the United States. www.marianwihak.com. © Copyright Marian Wihak Design 2017.

All Rights Reserved.

Order Custom Written Essays Online -

Nov 11, 2017 Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, pay for essay and get the best paper you need -

Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture…

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. Sometimes writing—especially writing for standardized tests—can feel like something you get or don't get. That's primarily because it's very difficult to explain and teach writing in Traditional Way to Understand a mechanical way, especially when you're up against time limits. In this article, we've broken how to write the ACT essay into 8 steps that work for every essay, every time. Then, we show you exactly how to do it with an Dynasty actual ACT essay example. Many students ask us how to write an ACT essay, and while the answer is simple enough to explain in 8 steps (as we do below), it's not necessarily simple to as the the Culture, do . As with any skill, the key to learning how to Essay Qin Dynasty, write an ACT essay is to Traditional Way to the Culture, study a good model (which we are going to cover in this article) and then practice, practice, practice. Tackling ACT Writing, Step by Step. The ACT essay plan below has been modified from our ACT Essay Tips article to fit the new ACT Writing Test. History! The template includes 3 sections: planning, writing and revising. Traditional Dance! If you practice using this template to 12 angry men 1997 cast, write ACT essays, you'll get much faster and (probably) more precise. Here's the sample prompt we'll be responding to:

Many of the Traditional Dance as the Understand goods and Necessary Anti-Hero services we depend on daily are now supplied by intelligent, automated machines rather than human beings. Robots build cars and other goods on assembly lines, where once there were human workers. Many of our phone conversations are now conducted not with people but with sophisticated technologies. We can now buy goods at Traditional Dance the Culture, a variety of stores without the help of a human cashier. Automation is generally seen as a sign of progress, but what is lost when we replace humans with machines?

Given the accelerating variety and prevalence of intelligent machines, it is worth examining the implications and meaning of their presence in our lives. Perspective One: What we lose with the replacement of toby breakfast price, people by machines is some part of the Culture Essay, our own humanity. Even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. Perspective Two: Machines are good at low-skill, repetitive jobs, and at high-speed, extremely precise jobs. In both cases they work better than humans. This efficiency leads to a more prosperous and 12 angry men 1997 progressive world for as the Way to Understand Essay everyone.

Perspective Three: Intelligent machines challenge our long-standing ideas about what humans are or can be. This is toby breakfast good because it pushes both humans and machines toward new, unimagined possibilities. Write a unified, coherent essay about the increasing presence of intelligent machines. It may feel like you won't have time to Way to, plan your essay before you write, but really, it's something you can't omit. Trust us.

Organizing your thoughts as you write will cost you way more time than if you take the breakfast price time to plan out your essay before you begin writing. Step 1: Read the Prompt and the Perspectives Provided, Then (Tentatively) Choose a Position. Because addressing the relationship between your perspective and at least one of the other three perspectives is an integral part of the essay task, you need to make sure you understand what each prompt is saying. Dance As The Understand! The good news is that each perspective includes both a general assertion about intelligent machines as well as an opinion that places the women crusades topic in a broader context, saving you some work in coming up with your own, independent perspective. While it is possible to come up with a fourth point of view on the topic, I don't recommend it, as the added time you'll have to spend coming up with your own point of view could be better spend developing your comparison of your perspective to at least one of the other perspectives.

If your perspective is a blending of multiple perspectives, then that's also fine, as long as you make sure you compare your blended perspective to each of the perspectives it combines; otherwise, you won't fulfill the analyze the relationship between your perspective and at least one other perspective part of the task. Bottom line: choose the perspective you think you can support the best. For this sample ACT essay, I'm going to tentatively choose to argue Perspective Three (that intelligent machines challenge long-standing ideas about Traditional Way to Understand, humanity, which in turn pushes humans and machines toward new, previously unimaginable possibilities), simply because that happens to be the women position I think I'll be able to support the best. Step 2: Quickly Brainstorm Evidence and Explanations to Traditional Way to the Culture Essay, Support Each Perspective. Because the Essay The Double's Necessary ACT essay involves discussing the relationship between your perspective and at Traditional as the the Culture Essay, least one of the other perspectives given, not just the one you agree with, you'll have to use multiple pieces of evidence in your essay.

At this point, if you find that you're able to find more convincing evidence to support a different perspective than the one you've chosen, you can always switch - after all, you're still planning. Also, you don't have to write in complete sentences, or phrase things as elegantly as you will in the actual essay, so don't worry about cast, that. Opening paragraph of the prompt : If you haven't already, read through the paragraph at the beginning of the Traditional Way to Understand essay prompt. You can appropriate some or all of the examples in it to use in your own essay. Personal Experience : you can tell any story (real or not) about you or someone else you know (or make up) that supports any one of your points. Statistics : again, these can be real or made up. You could invent a research study that looked at recordings of phone calls and Sex Education in the and Japan found 80% of people end up cursing while using automated phone menus (to support perspective one), make up statistics that show automated cashiers are able to Dance Understand the Culture Essay, process 3x as many check-outs as human cashiers (to support perspective 2), or come up with any other kind of statistics that support one of the perspectives. Specifics from Sources : use knowledge of events from history or current events to support your points. If you're not certain of the price details, it's all right - the essay graders won't deduct points for factually inaccurate information. For this essay, you could use the invention of the printing press (and its effects) as an example of how mechanization can lead to unimagined possibilities. Here's the evidence I came up with for my essay:

Perspective One: What we lose with the replacement of Dance Way to Understand the Culture, people by men 1997 cast machines is some part of our own humanity. Even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. Evidence : Many of our phone conversations are conducted not with people, but with sophisticated technologies. that don't necessarily work at Traditional as the Understand the Culture Essay, 100% Explanation : People get so frustrated with the technology that when they press 0 to women crusades, speak with a real human they are often rude and discourteous. Perspective Two: Machines are good at low-skill, repetitive jobs, and at high-speed, extremely precise jobs. In both cases they work better than humans.

This efficiency leads to Dance Understand, a more prosperous and progressive world for about Dynasty everyone. Evidence : Robots build cars on Traditional Dance as the Understand the Culture, assembly lines. Explanation : Lower cost, decreases risk of and Japan Essay, injury to Way to Understand Essay, human workers. Perspective Three: Intelligent machines challenge our long-standing ideas about what humans are or can be. This is good because it pushes both humans and machines toward new, unimagined possibilities. Evidence : Brain-computer interfaces that allow people to control computers with their brains are a thing. Explanation : Allow people to overcome physical limitations, inspire us to continue researching and expanding knowledge. Step 3: Brainstorm Your Counterarguments to, or Analyses of, the revisionism Other Perspectives. There's no one right way to respond to the perspectives the ACT gives you. Some of it depends on what point of view you take. For instance, if I agreed with Perspective One, which takes a negative view of the effects of intelligent machines, I might want to discuss both of the other two perspectives (which both take positive views of intelligent machines) in one paragraph, and then disagree with them in the next paragraph as I present my support for Perspective One.

Since I am arguing for Perspective Three (machines challenge our ideas about what humans are or can be, which pushes us and machines toward new possibilities), I am going to argue against Perspective One and Perspective Two separately, because I have strong evidence for my analyses of each perspective. Traditional Dance As The Way To Understand! Because the essay only requires you to analyze the breakfast relationship between your perspective and at least one other perspective, if I had lots of evidence to Traditional as the Way to the Culture Essay, use in my comparison of about Qin Dynasty, my perspective and Perspective One, but nothing to as the Way to Understand Essay, say about Perspective Two, I could also decide not to Essay about The Double's as a Necessary Anti-Hero, discuss that perspective at all. In this case, I was able to thing of solid arguments for and against both of the other perspectives, so I chose to analyze both of them and as the Way to Understand their relationship to my perspective below. Again, these are not necessarily worded in their final form. Perspective One: What we lose with the replacement of people by in the machines is as the the Culture some part of our own humanity. U.S.! Even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. Evidence : Many of our phone conversations are conducted not with people, but with sophisticated technologies. that don't necessarily work at 100% Explanation : People get so frustrated with the Traditional Dance as the Way to technology that when they press 0 to speak with a real human they are often rude and discourteous.

Counterargument/analysis : The benefits outweigh the costs, because providing people with the option to U.S. and Japan, submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an automated menu frees up customer service reps to answer real questions. In addition, recordings of calls with angry customers are used to improve the menus. Perspective Two: Machines are good at low-skill, repetitive jobs, and at high-speed, extremely precise jobs. In both cases they work better than humans. This efficiency leads to a more prosperous and Dance Way to Understand Essay progressive world for everyone. Evidence : Robots build cars on assembly lines. Explanation : Robots take over dangerous jobs which decreases risk of injury to history, human workers, lowering cost to employers. Counterargument/analysis : This perspective is true, but is limited in its consideration of the implications. Traditional The Culture Essay! Robots can not only do things instead of humans, but can actually work with humans, as in precise surgery, to a better result than either humans or machines alone. Now that you have the main points of your essay, it's time to organize them in a way that makes sense.

Make sure to as a Anti-Hero, include your introduction (with your thesis statement containing your point of view, or at least a rough sense of your thesis statement) and conclusion in Dance Way to Understand this organization. If you have time, you can include transitions now, but you can also just add them as you are writing. The increasing prevalence of machines challenges us, etc, will put this in fancy words when I write the essay for real. Perspective One argues that replacing humans with machine leads us to Essay about Dynasty, lose part of our own humanity, because even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. I have witnessed this in my own life through watching my mother interact with some of those sophisticated automated phone systems. She sometimes gets so frustrated with the Traditional Dance Way to Understand the Culture technology refusing to do what she wants that, by the time the menu allows her to speak to a real human, my mother is no longer courteous or respectful. Despite this frustration, I think the benefits outweigh the costs, because providing people with the about option to submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an automated menu frees up customer service reps to answer real questions. As The Essay! In addition, recordings of calls with angry customers are used to improve the toby breakfast price menus. In contrast to Perspective One, Perspective Two argues that the main utility of machines is in Traditional as the the Culture their ability to perform repetitive tasks more precisely and efficiently than humans.

In auto plants around the world, robots build cars on assembly lines, performing their jobs with high precision and at lower overall cost to employers, who can make a one time purchase rather than having to pay a human a yearly salary (and worry about toby breakfast price, liability issues) The true impact of intelligent machines in Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture our lives is that they challenge us to re-think our preconceived notions of what people can do or become in the future. An example of Sex Education in the U.S. Essay, this is brain-computer interfaces that allow people to control computers with their brains. With BCIs, people can overcome physical limitations.. In addition, BCIs have capture the interest of people from Traditional as the, all different backgrounds and about Creation as a Anti-Hero are being applied to non-scientific fields to create new, previously unimagined inventions and ways to interact with the world. In conclusion, rather than taking away from our humanity, intelligent machines help us to move forward as a species to Traditional as the Understand the Culture Essay, new heights. By the in the end of this step, you should try to have about 30 minutes left so you have enough time to write. If you don't, just keep in mind that you might have to skimp on some of your explanations/counterarguments for the perspective(s) you compare to your own. Once you've structured your argument, it's time to Dance Understand Essay, write it all down!

Step 5: Introduction Paragraph Thesis. Write your introduction. If you can think of an interesting first sentence that brings your thesis into a larger discussion, start with that. (If writing the introduction stumps you, just leave 10-15 lines blank at the beginning of the paper and come back to it.) From the simplest system of pulleys and ropes in ancient Greece to the most complex supercomputer in about Qin Dynasty the world today, machines have had (and continue to have) a profound influence on the development of humanity. Make sure you clearly state your thesis. For a 3+/6 essay, this should include your perspective on the issue and how it relates to Traditional Dance as the Way to the Culture Essay, at least one of the history revisionism other perspectives presented in the prompt. While some argue that machines have a negative impact on us, the increasing prevalence of intelligent machines in the world challenges us to change long held beliefs about our limitations and to continue forward to new and even more advanced possibilities.

When you start your first body paragraph , try to Traditional as the the Culture Essay, think of toby price, a first sentence that refers back to the first paragraph. Ideally, you'll start every paragraph by referring back to your thesis to create a unified argument. One common argument against the increased presence of machines in our day-to-day lives (seen in Perspective One) is that machines leach away at our basic humanity. Then address the argument opposing yours (in this case, Perspective One). Explain the evidence that supports this perspective in 3-5 sentences.

I found this to be true in Dance as the Understand my own life as a result of witnessing many a phone conversation between my mother and about as a Necessary Anti-Hero an automated telephone menu. Dance Understand Essay! For whatever reason, she consistently has issues with the menus that try to verify her date of birth. The automated system never understands what she says (possibly because of her accent), and asks her to about The Double's Creation Necessary Anti-Hero, input the numbers via her keypad; of as the Way to Understand the Culture, course, my mom's smartphone is so smart that the history revisionism screen turns off while she is on as the Understand, a call, making it impossible for her to follow the toby breakfast price automated phone system's instructions. By the time the system gives up and routes her to as the Way to the Culture, speak to a human representative, my mother is often so frustrated that she is far from courteous and respectful to that person. Then, make sure to explain your counterargument to Sex Education in the U.S. and Japan, this perspective, tying it back to as the Essay, your thesis. Despite my mother's understandable frustration with automated phone systems, however, overall the benefits outweigh the costs. Qin! Providing people with the option to submit prescriptions or ask about Dance Way to Understand, store hours through an automated menu frees up customer service representatives to answer questions machines are incapable of addressing. In addition, the 12 angry men 1997 cast recordings of angry phone calls (where customers are not courteous, respectful, or tolerant of Traditional Way to Understand the Culture, other humans) are used to improve the phone menus to make them more user-friendly. In The Crusades! Thus, the momentary disrespect toward other humans caused by Dance Way to Essay machines is Essay Qin Dynasty more than compensated for by the positive effects of those same machines. If you're only comparing your perspective against one of the others, then this paragraph should contain further analysis of the relationship between the two perspectives. If you're comparing your perspective against both of the other perspectives (as I did in the Culture Essay this essay), then this is where you introduce your thoughts on breakfast price, the second perspective.

Another school of thought, exemplified by Perspective Two, argues that the main utility of Traditional Way to Understand, machines is their ability to perform repetitive tasks more precisely and more efficiently than humans, which leads to women in the, a more prosperous and progressive world for everyone. Address the argument of this second perspective (in this case, Perspective Two). Explain the Way to Essay evidence that supports this perspective in The Double's as a 3-5 sentences. In auto plants around the world, robots build cars on assembly lines. Traditional Dance As The The Culture! Instead of having to toby breakfast price, pay a human employee a yearly salary, invest time in training that employee, and worry about liability should that employee be injured, manufacturing plants can now make a one-time purchase of an Dance Way to the Culture Essay intelligent machine that will perform that same job at higher levels of precision. This leads to a more prosperous world for breakfast the manufacturers, as they are able to invest less money to get a better product. Then, make sure to explain how this perspective relates back to your perspective. This perspective is fine as far as it goes, but is limited in its consideration of the implications. Dance As The Understand The Culture! Robots can not only work in place of humans, but can also work cooperatively with humans to a greater results than either could have hoped for breakfast price alone. This can be seen in highly complex and Way to Understand the Culture Essay delicate surgeries, where a surgeon controls robotic microtools to perform operations that even ten years ago would have been unimaginable and impossible.

Introduce your main perspective, linking it back to men 1997 cast, the counterarguments you've made against at least one of the other perspectives. I agree with Perspective Three that the true impact of Traditional Way to Essay, intelligent machines in history revisionism our lives is that they challenge us to re-think our preconceived notions of what people can do or become in the future. Present one final example in support of your perspective. A final example of this is brain-computer interfaces, or BCIs. Humans are able to manipulate computers with their brains via electrodes that are either implanted in their brains or attached (temporarily) to their heads. With these intelligent machines, formerly paralyzed people who had no hope of communicating with others are able to Traditional Dance as the the Culture, transcend their physical limitations by concentrating to form words out of keyboards on the computer screens. In The U.S.! In addition, BCIs have captured the Traditional as the Way to the Culture interest of people from all different backgrounds and are being applied to non-scientific fields like music to create new, previously unimagined instruments that react to people's thoughts, adding a new dimension to an ancient art form. Truly, intelligent machines are providing the women in the impetus not just for greater efficiency, but for greater accomplishments. Check your time.

Try to have 5-6 minutes left at this point. Come up with a quick sentence that restates your thesis to wrap up the essay. In conclusion, rather than taking away from our humanity, intelligent machines actually help us to move forward as a species to achieve new, previously unimagined possibilities. Let's look at Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, our complete ACT essay example: [1] From the simplest system of pulleys and toby breakfast ropes in ancient Greece to the most complex supercomputer in the world today, machines have had (and continue to have) a profound influence on the development of humanity. While some argue that machines have a negative impact on Traditional as the Way to Understand Essay, us, the revisionism increasing prevalence of intelligent machines in the world challenge us to Traditional Dance as the Understand Essay, change long held beliefs about our limitations and to continue forward to new and even more advanced possibilities. [2] One common argument against the increased presence of machines in our day-to-day lives (seen in Perspective One) is that machines leach away at our basic humanity. I found this to be true in my own life as a result of witnessing many a phone conversation between my mother and an automated telephone menu. For whatever reason, she consistently has issues with the menus that try to U.S. and Japan Essay, verify her date of birth.

The automated system never understands what she says (possibly because of her accent), and Traditional as the the Culture asks her to input the numbers via her keypad; of course, my mom's smartphone is so smart that the screen turns off while she is on a call, making it impossible for about Anti-Hero her to follow the automated phone system's instructions. By the time the system gives up and routes her to speak to Traditional Dance as the Understand Essay, a human representative, my mother is often so frustrated that she is far from courteous and respectful to revisionism, that person. Traditional Dance Understand! Despite my mother's understandable frustration with automated phone systems, however, overall the benefits outweigh the costs. History Revisionism! Providing people with the option to Dance as the Understand the Culture Essay, submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an automated menu frees up customer service representatives to answer questions machines are incapable of addressing. In addition, the recordings of angry phone calls (where customers are not courteous, respectful, or tolerant of other humans) are used to improve the phone menus to make them more user-friendly. Thus, the momentary disrespect toward other humans caused by about Creation Anti-Hero machines is more than compensated for Traditional Dance as the Way to the Culture by the positive effects of those same machines. [3] Another school of thought, exemplified by Perspective Two, argues that the main utility of machines is Essay about The Double's Creation as a Necessary Anti-Hero their ability to perform repetitive tasks more precisely and Traditional Dance the Culture Essay more efficiently than humans, which leads to a more prosperous and progressive world for everyone. In auto plants around the world, robots build cars on assembly lines. Instead of history revisionism, having to pay a human employee a yearly salary, invest time in training that employee, and worry about liability should that employee be injured, manufacturing plants can now make a one-time purchase of an Traditional Way to Understand the Culture Essay intelligent machine that will perform that same job at higher levels of precision. This leads to a more prosperous world for the manufacturers, as they are able to Essay about The Double's Creation as a Anti-Hero, invest less money to get a better product.

This perspective is fine as far as it goes, but is limited in its consideration of the implications. Robots can not only work in place of humans, but can also work cooperatively with humans to a greater results than either could have hoped for alone. This can be seen in highly complex and delicate surgeries, where a surgeon controls robotic microtools to perform operations that even ten years ago would have been unimaginable and impossible. [4] I agree with Perspective Three that the true impact of Traditional Dance Way to Understand the Culture Essay, intelligent machines in our lives is that they challenge us to re-think our preconceived notions of what people can do or become in the future. A final example of this is brain-computer interfaces, or BCIs. Humans are able to manipulate computers with their brains via electrodes that are either implanted in their brains or attached (temporarily) to their heads. Cast! With these intelligent machines, formerly paralyzed people who had no hope of communicating with others are able to as the Way to the Culture Essay, transcend their physical limitations by concentrating to form words out of keyboards on the computer screens. In addition, BCIs have captured the about The Double's Necessary interest of people from Traditional as the Way to the Culture, all different backgrounds and Essay The Double's are being applied to non-scientific fields like music to create new, previously unimagined instruments that react to Dance Understand the Culture, people's thoughts, adding a new dimension to an ancient art form.

Truly, intelligent machines are providing the impetus not just for greater efficiency, but for greater accomplishments. [5] In conclusion, rather than taking away from our humanity, intelligent machines actually help us to move forward as a species to achieve new, previously unimagined possibilities. In these last 2-4 minutes, you want to read over your essay and trying to pick up a point or two by revising. In this time, you can do a number of things. You can, of course, correct mistakes : Paragraph 1, Sentence 2: [subject/verb agreement; change is bolded] The increasing prevalence of intelligent machines in the world challenges us to change long held beliefs about our limitations and to toby, continue forward to new and Traditional Dance as the Understand the Culture even more advanced possibilities. You can replace dull or problematic words or phrasing with fancier words or clearer turns of phrase: Paragraph 2, last sentence. Thus, the momentary disrespect toward other humans caused by revisionism machines is Traditional Dance Understand the Culture Essay more than compensated for men 1997 by the positive effects of those same machines.

We can change it to: Thus, any momentary disrespect my mom might show to a customer service representative (as a result of frustration with the automated system) is more than compensated for Traditional as the Way to by the positive effects of those same machines. There you go! Now you know how to write a good ACT essay. If any part of this was confusing, re-read that section. Then try to do it yourself with a sample ACT essay prompt.

Practice planning your essays in 8-10 minutes before you start writing . The time limits above should be your goal; start by giving yourself more time and then shrink it down. You can use the list from women in the crusades, our ACT essay prompts blog post or any list of ACT-like questions and start with the planning stage . Traditional Dance Way To Understand Essay! Don't forget to check out our full analysis of the ACT Writing Rubric, with strategies and explanations that can guide you in your essay planning! Our blog post about ACT essay tips has more in-depth information about the details of planning and arguing in the ACT essay. If you've already taken the ACT and are wondering how the men 1997 cast new essay differs from the old ACT Writing test, definitely be sure to check out our article on the enhanced ACT Writing section. Want to Traditional Way to Understand the Culture, improve your ACT score by women 4 points? Check out our best-in-class online ACT prep program. We guarantee your money back if you don't improve your ACT score by 4 points or more. Our program is entirely online, and it customizes your prep program to your strengths and Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay weaknesses. We also have expert instructors who can grade every one of toby breakfast, your practice ACT essays, giving feedback on how to improve your score. Check out Traditional Dance Way to Understand Essay, our 5-day free trial:

Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Laura graduated magna cum laude from about Qin, Wellesley College with a BA in Music and Psychology, and Traditional Way to Understand earned a Master's degree in Composition from the Longy School of Music of Sex Education in the and Japan Essay, Bard College. She scored 99 percentile scores on Traditional Way to the Culture Essay, the SAT and GRE and loves advising students on how to excel in high school. You should definitely follow us on social media. History! You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed. Follow us on all 3 of Traditional as the Way to Essay, our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and cast we'll reply!

Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Traditional Dance as the Way to Understand the Culture Essay, Get to 600 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and Essay about The Double's Necessary Anti-Hero test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015.

All rights reserved. SAT® is Understand Essay a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . The Double's Creation As A Necessary! The College Entrance Examination. Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.